Welland done

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Welland done

Post by Port hockey1 »

Played a better game tonight but a 7-4 loss ends their season.

Going to be a great final round.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Re: Welland done

Post by goalie34 »

Class act that Hunter is. Slapping his stick, taunting the Falcons goalie after letting in a horrible, and I do mean horrible third goal, while at the same time already having allowed 6. :?

On the horrible floater goal, only thing I can think of is the puck got above board level and he lost it in the dark ends seat, much like the Winnipeg Jets goalie did a couple of weeks ago. Well, either that or he just blow it, Either way didn't matter games was already over.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Class act that Hunter is. Slapping his stick, taunting the Falcons goalie after letting in a horrible, and I do mean horrible third goal, while at the same time already having allowed 6. :?
I'm not a fan of Johnson(clearly). Yeah, it was a hard end to a frustrating career. One that took him from the West to the Shoe, back to the West, and back to the Shoe again.

He had a great year in Chatham. After he hurt his knee in Niagara Falls he was never the same goalie. Also had terrible luck losing the starting job in Sarnia. I imagine it was very awkward for him when he was dealt to Welland as well.

He knew how Janzen had played, he also knew how good the rookie goalie had been. Then to top it off he gets injured battling for playing time in the playoffs.

I'm not condoning his "taunting". But other goalies have done the same. It's a frustrating position. I'm sure you've melted down before as a goalie. If not, I'm sure you've had a teammate do it.

Best of luck to Hunter in his future hockey career. Was put in a awkward situation and he handled it like a pro. He could've pulled a Festarini. :P
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Class act that Hunter is. Slapping his stick, taunting the Falcons goalie after letting in a horrible, and I do mean horrible third goal
Just as classy as:

1st Period Penalties:

St.Catharines Paolo De Sousa- (Checking From Behind)(GM50),2MIN, 2:33
St.Catharines Paolo De Sousa- (Checking From Behind)(Game Misconduct)(GM50/51),0MIN, 2:33
St.Catharines Jake Evans- (Spearing)(Double Minor)(SP),4MIN, 14:22
How many hitting from behind calls has De Sousa taken this season now? According to B.P. at the Standard, I'll bet it was "marginal". :lol:
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
goalie34 wrote:Class act that Hunter is. Slapping his stick, taunting the Falcons goalie after letting in a horrible, and I do mean horrible third goal
Just as classy as:

1st Period Penalties:

St.Catharines Paolo De Sousa- (Checking From Behind)(Game Misconduct)(GM50/51),0MIN, 2:33
How many hitting from behind calls has De Sousa taken this season now? According to B.P. at the Standard, I'll bet it was "marginal". :lol:
Did it look marginal on Pointstreak?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Just as classy as:

1st Period Penalties:

Nope. 8)
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Well if it didn't look marginal, please shut the f*** up.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Well if it didn't look marginal, please shut the f*** up.
Is the washed up goalie getting upset? :lol: You dig your own grave on here. :P
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

No upset, just using language you would hear at the arena, on the ice, somewhere you've never been. Realize you won't see that word on pointstreak.

Hope the shut in wasn't offended by it.
goldenhorseshoefan

Post by goldenhorseshoefan »

goalie34 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:
Just as classy as:

1st Period Penalties:

Refs were terrible this game, hate seeing this in meaningful games and hate seeing players dive. Could have been a boarding call, i thought he turned, as that was happening a lot that game. What got me frsutrated was seeing guys flopping on the ice begging for calls. An example was on the side under the falcon banners where Allen dropped like a fly and embellished it, a lot like subban. ALl in all good series looking forward to going to watch the finals
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:No upset, just using language you would hear at the arena, on the ice, somewhere you've never been. Realize you won't see that word on pointstreak.

Hope the shut in wasn't offended by it.
I've been to 100's of games, don't need to explain to you though. You're just one of those washed up goalies that couldn't hack it in the OHL. :wink:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goldenhorseshoefan wrote: Refs were terrible this game, hate seeing this in meaningful games and hate seeing players dive. Could have been a boarding call, i thought he turned, as that was happening a lot that game. What got me frsutrated was seeing guys flopping on the ice begging for calls. An example was on the side under the falcon banners where Allen dropped like a fly and embellished it, a lot like subban. ALl in all good series looking forward to going to watch the finals
Heard three Falcons fans say that was a dirty hit by De Sousa. I've heard a Falcon fan say he and Evans have been dirty.

As for the diving, some of the best academy award performances I've seen over the years have been Falcons. I remember Stortz(retired ref) making the flipper sign with his hand after Steve White "hooked" a Falcon years back.

A Falcon fan complaining about diving...My point will be proven in the finals. Caledonia home games are live on youtube. Maybe even the road games in this series.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just to clarify, every team has players that like to dive!
goldenhorseshoefan

Post by goldenhorseshoefan »

Port hockey1 wrote:Just to clarify, every team has players that like to dive!
touche well said