Welland hammered 8-1

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Welland hammered 8-1

Post by Port hockey1 »

8-1 tonight, safe to say the players just aren't responding to Ozzie at this point. Rookie backup played great in relief of Janzen tonight.

This series is over, winning 3 in a row over a deep Falcons team just isn't logical. If Welland had a little more offense it would be possible, but that just isn't the case this season. Hopefully they come out with a strong effort next game. Its playoffs, miracles don't happen unless you believe in them.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Hockey Mom

Re: Welland hammered 8-1

Post by Hockey Mom »

I think you are right....series is over. Dump and chase offence just doesn't cut it in the playoffs....
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

I think Welland is too proud of a hockey team and will come out and play their best game of the series tomorrow night in St. Kitts. Will it be enough to get a victory, I don't know. I never expected them to play as badly as they have in the last two games and right now Janzen looks shell-shocked. Falcons for sure will want to end this series in five games so I'm expecting a doozy.
15timechamps

Post by 15timechamps »

From what I've been told Jansen has an exam tonite and Johnson still has a concussion leaving the rookie to start tonight
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

Couldn't wait to get the next series of ridiculous comments from Port. Ozzie is still a good coach and it has nothing to do with the Canadians `not responding' to him. The Canadians acted like they were flat out tired and couldn't skate with the Falcons. I suspect they are starting to feel the effects of a very hard and physical series with Fort Erie. St. Sitts `kid line' of MacDonald, Lee and Peacock could have been the best line in the game. By the way Port, the Falcons `loaded' their team with 6- 20 year olds, one being the back-up goalie. Chatham's whole team are mainly 19 and 20. But who cares. And Port, dump and chase hockey does work in the playoffs. That's how Caledonia plays all the time in case you haven't noticed. Caledonia dumps, chases, throws lots of pucks on net and get lots of deflections and rebounds .... they wear you down. Most of their goals are not particularly pretty, but nobody is better at what they do. And by the way, the refs in the Golden Horseshoe aren't any worse than the other two conferences of the GOJHL. They don't pick on Caledonia any more than anyone else. But Caledonia's style of play of finishing checks long after the play has moved up ice, or minimally obstructing players with holding and sticks can create penalties from time to time, not unlike other teams do. Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due and stop crying all the time. You can't truly appreciate what is happening at a hockey game unless you are there , and even at that it's hard to notice everything going on. Port, you produce lots of comments, some good and some not so good, but quality is more important than quantity.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Try not to put too much pressure on Port. He is very confused and frustrated at this time.Remember his #1 team Chatham got knocked out in the first round and now he realizes his 2nd team (or is it his 1st team) Welland is about to join his Chatham team on the sidelines. He is now in the process of telling us all something we didn't already know, how strong Caledonia is. Shortly he'll post on here that the Corvairs are now his favorite team.

Note,-- Port don't pick any favorites from the Mid-West, we don't your type as supporters. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:Couldn't wait to get the next series of ridiculous comments from Port. Ozzie is still a good coach and it has nothing to do with the Canadians `not responding' to him. The Canadians acted like they were flat out tired and couldn't skate with the Falcons. I suspect they are starting to feel the effects of a very hard and physical series with Fort Erie. St. Sitts `kid line' of MacDonald, Lee and Peacock could have been the best line in the game. By the way Port, the Falcons `loaded' their team with 6- 20 year olds, one being the back-up goalie. Chatham's whole team are mainly 19 and 20. But who cares. And Port, dump and chase hockey does work in the playoffs. That's how Caledonia plays all the time in case you haven't noticed. Caledonia dumps, chases, throws lots of pucks on net and get lots of deflections and rebounds .... they wear you down. Most of their goals are not particularly pretty, but nobody is better at what they do. And by the way, the refs in the Golden Horseshoe aren't any worse than the other two conferences of the GOJHL. They don't pick on Caledonia any more than anyone else. But Caledonia's style of play of finishing checks long after the play has moved up ice, or minimally obstructing players with holding and sticks can create penalties from time to time, not unlike other teams do. Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due and stop crying all the time. You can't truly appreciate what is happening at a hockey game unless you are there , and even at that it's hard to notice everything going on. Port, you produce lots of comments, some good and some not so good, but quality is more important than quantity.
Ridiculous: This is a forum, its for opinion...I gave mine.

BTW: No, Caledonia doesn't dump and chase. They are very good at bringing the puck in and making a series of passes. Other times they shoot it in when they want to switch it up.

Everyone dumps the puck at times during the game.

And as for the the penalties. I watched most of the playoff games, Ancaster was allowed to hook, trip and slash left, right and center with no call. The officials were trying to prevent blowouts.

Their jobs are to call the game, not protect the score. They let both teams get away with some things...but Ancaster got away with a lot of obvious penalties...Caledonia got away with a few, nothing like Ancaster though.

So in closing, yes the refs do pick on Caledonia more than others. And I'll happily give credit where its due. Full marks to the Corvairs for not taking a bunch of unsportsmanlike penalties after putting up with the joke of officials that called the games!!!

Did you see Caledonia play this year? I have many times, they get screwed by the refs regularly.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland's tired, you kidding me??? They make line changes every 20 seconds. :lol: :lol: :lol:
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

I appreciate Port's comments and I understand where he's coming from. Yes, I have seen Caledonia many times this year and they do mainly dump and chase and I'll stick to my guns on that. And blow out Ancaster, really? And the refs pick on Caledonia? Hardly! And regard to Welland being tired. I've seen every second of every game and they are completely out of gas by the second period. Look at the shots on net. And dah ..... Port why do you think they change players every 20 seconds ........ because their tired. Your arguments do not make any sense but I can see that logic is not your strong point.
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

And by the way Port, the rookie backstop for Welland did not `play great' last night. What aspect of his game was great? Give the readers a break. He was adequate but did struggle. Check out his one game stats on Pointstreak. But, the way you look at hockey games and turn things around you can probably find some way to justify his (McCorriston's) performance as being `great'. Completely unbelievable!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Try not to put too much pressure on Port. He is very confused and frustrated at this time.Remember his #1 team Chatham got knocked out in the first round and now he realizes his 2nd team (or is it his 1st team) Welland is about to join his Chatham team on the sidelines. He is now in the process of telling us all something we didn't already know, how strong Caledonia is. Shortly he'll post on here that the Corvairs are now his favorite team.

Note,-- Port don't pick any favorites from the Mid-West, we don't your type as supporters. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
What type? Big hockey fans?? I already follow Stratford, started last season. I'm a hockey guy. I don't have one team.

My loyalties are and have always been: Welland, Chatham. After that I enjoy Caledonia, Stratford ext.

Sounds like hockey could use more fans like me. Too many fans only care about one team...
I'm not playing your childish games, I can like and follow whoever I want.

I cant help but laugh at some of you on here. Spending so much time worrying about me and who I like or dislike.

It sure shows that my opinions strike nerves. If they didn't, I wouldn't get half the personal reply's I do. I love it, can't argue about facts I post, so you deflect. :lol: :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:I appreciate Port's comments and I understand where he's coming from. Yes, I have seen Caledonia many times this year and they do mainly dump and chase and I'll stick to my guns on that. And blow out Ancaster, really? And the refs pick on Caledonia? Hardly! And regard to Welland being tired. I've seen every second of every game and they are completely out of gas by the second period. Look at the shots on net. And dah ..... Port why do you think they change players every 20 seconds ........ because their tired. Your arguments do not make any sense but I can see that logic is not your strong point.
Actually Ozzie has always played the shortest shifts in the league in the playoffs...So if you want to talk about fact...

Falcons are playing without many key players, so they could make excuses too. Sorry but being outscored 14-1 over two games is unacceptable. Tired is just a lame excuse.

And I've seen a lot of Caledonia hockey the last two years. They dump when the opponent is just going through the motions. They dump when the lead is big. When the opponent buckles down, they use their skill to keep control of the flow of the game.

Oh and yes, they blew out Ancaster. 8-1 score for game 3. Dominated the play in every game. Ancaster got a win after a disgusting display by the officials in game 4. Caledonia still outplayed them in that game. They scored the series winner shorthanded too.

If you don't think Caledonia has been screwed a lot of times by the officials this season...I just have to shake my head at you. Numerous fans of other teams have agreed that the opponent gets away with obvious infractions a lot of the time. Can't blame Caledonia for getting frustrated at times.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:And by the way Port, the rookie backstop for Welland did not `play great' last night. What aspect of his game was great? Give the readers a break. He was adequate but did struggle. Check out his one game stats on Pointstreak. But, the way you look at hockey games and turn things around you can probably find some way to justify his (McCorriston's) performance as being `great'. Completely unbelievable!
He's a rookie, he came in cold. I'd say not getting lit up for a bunch of goals is pretty damn good! This isn't the NHL, toss a rookie goalie in that hasn't played in how many weeks and you expect what...a shutout???

Wow, dude...Your hockey knowledge is certainly showing. :lol:
hurricane73

Post by hurricane73 »

Port, I watched hockey probably before you were born. I used to watch the Maroons and Bulldogs battle it out back in the 50's and have followed hockey ever since. You flippant remarks and misleading statements do not do justice to this forum and you have just proven that you can justify anything with a barrage of half-truths. Your not a fan and from your remarks you never will be. You are completely biased and your mind (if you have one) is a closed book. Completely laughable. Unfortunately we can't stop you from generating your avalanche of biased and misleading information. Get a life!
BeenThereDoneThat

Based on Port's timely game reports I would bet that he very rarely has seen the Corvairs or anyone live.

He is your typical You Tube, Pointstreak, sit at home, know it all hockey fan. If the Corvairs games weren't on You Tube
he probably wouldn't even know where Caledonia was. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hurricane73 wrote:Port, I watched hockey probably before you were born. I used to watch the Maroons and Bulldogs battle it out back in the 50's and have followed hockey ever since. You flippant remarks and misleading statements do not do justice to this forum and you have just proven that you can justify anything with a barrage of half-truths. Your not a fan and from your remarks you never will be. You are completely biased and your mind (if you have one) is a closed book. Completely laughable. Unfortunately we can't stop you from generating your avalanche of biased and misleading information. Get a life!
You come on here taking shots at me, making comments about what team(s) I like. Half truths...No, I'm sticking to my guns. Caledonia gets the short end of the stick a lot. Not every single game by any means. The second round of the playoffs was a disgraceful show by the officials.

How's a Welland fan biased? I see a lot of Caledonia hockey. The way the teams built makes it a fun game to see. But when you see kids working hard every shift getting chopped in the legs, getting hooked to the ice ext. It takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

If Caledonia was allowed to get away with the same, I wouldn't be complaining. I along with every other GOJHL fan has every right to be upset about terrible officiating that makes the league look bad.

Maybe you should take some of your advice and get a life. I follow this league closely and post a lot of info on here. I suggest maybe you start doing the same...Or you can just keep coming on here to pick my comments apart without justification, your call. :smt006
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Based on Port's timely game reports I would bet that he very rarely has seen the Corvairs or anyone live.

He is your typical You Tube, Pointstreak, sit at home, know it all hockey fan. If the Corvairs games weren't on You Tube
You see, youtube is no different than being there. Oops, wait a minute...With youtube I can rewind to get a good understanding of things. I can see if the ref was looking right at obvious infractions or not, rewind to see plays again ext.

I will not give my money to a league that allows beer league reffing. I've cut down on my games attended drastically. I can continue to have a life, one that doesn't leave time for making it out of town to a arena all the time.

Like I said before, you cant think of anything to respond with so you deflect. I respond when I'm questioned about my posts. That's because I post my feelings, I don't go on the internet looking to make friends. Don't like my posts, explain...give some reason.

All you do is blah, blah, blah...pointstreak youtube, blah, blah, blah. Stick to the topic smart one. 8) :smt024
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Based on Port's timely game reports I would bet that he very rarely has seen the Corvairs or anyone live.

Except why Janzen's illegal every time he steps on the ice, but that a rule only someone who's played the game, and more specifically the position would know, and that's another thread.

Maybe Port will come out to St Catharines tonight and watch the Falcons get their last win of the season.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

I don't know what Caledonia team hurricane 73 is watching.
I haven't missed a game in 3 years accept for a few away games.
Caledonia a Dump & Chase team.Are you kidding me?
Next time I talk to Bullard I will have to tell him about that one.
Goals are not particularly pretty.It's obvious you haven't seen Caledonia play.
I agree with Port 100%.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Finishing checks late,obstructing players, sounds like every team in hockey.
I think you'd better check out a Caledonia game on Youtube.
You will see for yourself everything Port said is true it's all on film.
Anyone that's been to a Caledonia game knows they score most there goals on the rush.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia Fan wrote:I don't know what Caledonia team hurricane 73 is watching.
I haven't missed a game in 3 years accept for a few away games.
Caledonia a Dump & Chase team.Are you kidding me?
Next time I talk to Bullard I will have to tell him about that one.
Goals are not particularly pretty.It's obvious you haven't seen Caledonia play.
I agree with Port 100%.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Finishing checks late,obstructing players, sounds like every team in hockey.
I think you'd better check out a Caledonia game on Youtube.
You will see for yourself everything Port said is true it's all on film.
Anyone that's been to a Caledonia game knows they score most there goals on the rush.
A great big thank you!

It seems people who haven't even seen them play knows more about them than those that see them all the time. :P :oops:
BeenThereDoneThat

Happy for you that your wife agrees with your narrow minded thoughts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Happy for you that your wife agrees with your narrow minded thoughts. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, my "wife" lives in Caledonia and is a fan of theirs. I stay here in Port and cheer for Welland. :P