Kudos to the Falcons coaching staff

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

goalie34

Kudos to the Falcons coaching staff

Post by goalie34 »

Unlike the Corvairs who had no problem using a technical rule that had no effect on actual game play, the Falcons just keep to hockey and filled Chris Janzen's net 6 times. Instead of pointing out the obvious infraction with Janzen game in and game out (and I'm not talking about knocking the net off), they simply stick to hockey.

Rule infractions that have no bearing on the actual game should not be used to gain an advantage, so kudos the the Falcons for simply looking the other way and letting the games play out the way they will.
Port hockey1

Re: Kudos to the Falcons coaching staff

Post by Port hockey1 »

Could write a novel about the whining that goes on about Caledonia. Not sure about the rule in question, but every team is always looking for a advantage. That's sports, its obvious.

Last season Caledonia reported St.Catharines for dressing too many imports. Every other team, Caledonia included has no problem abiding by the rules. Two teams in the West reported Chatham last season as well. They lost 2 games to protest...they lost yet another game this season to protest.

I've followed this league for over 15 years. I've seen a lot of teams play under protest in the past. Hubbert has done it numerous times in his career. If Caledonia dressed too many imports in a game vs the Falcons...there would be a protest, you can take that to the bank!

Back to the complaining, I've heard it all this season. "they go get all the talent" "they should be moved to Jr.A" "they have no integrity" "its not fair that they have all that talent" on and on it goes....

Fact: They follow the same rules as the rest of the GOJHL. They treat their players like they're a part of a family. They take good care of their players. They are the team everyone wants to play for.

They traded a goalie that had the best numbers stats wise in the league...Because he would have been their third goalie! They have fourth line forwards that put up more than 40 points in the regular season.

Treat your players right and word will spread. Have Bullard coaching your team and...You get the picture.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote: Not sure about the rule in question, but every team is always looking for a advantage. That's sports, its obvious.
Not surprised. Apparently the Falcons aren't.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Also funny how most of the whining comes from Falcon fans. Didn't hear any complaints when the Falcons dominated the league every season. A bunch of hypocrites!!

No whining early last season either. I had a Falcon fan say not to jump on that bandwagon too early. In fact, all I heard was how the Falcons would take care of them in the playoffs.

Funny how fast people's feelings change...Isn't it! Caledonia doesn't even ice a team loaded with 20 year olds like the Falcons do most seasons. They got over half their team back from last season. They stand to get another great core back next season.

And their deal(Caledonia) is with a Jr.A team.(Hamilton Red Wings) They picked up two great forwards from them around the deadline, added Tanev too. Both goalies had great numbers in Jr.A.

They come for the chance to win a title. They don't have that chance on a rebuilding Jr.A team. For too long the Falcons have been the best at attracting players...while not anymore. :lol:

And if anyone wants to get technical...De Sousa, Manns, Doucette, Morrisson ext. were all imported with the hopes of winning a cup.

I guess the Falcons are the only team allowed to do that. :roll:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Except, that's not what the thread is about, but keep singing the praises of your, what, now second adopted Jr B team in this conference alone.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:Except, that's not what the thread is about, but keep singing the praises of your, what, now second adopted Jr B team in this conference alone.
Then what is this thread about? Looks like its a jab at the Corvairs to me. So I thought I'd post some facts.

Your last comment...Yes, I'm a big hockey fan. I follow four Jr.B teams, two Jr.C teams, two OHL teams & 5 NHL teams.

Some of us are hockey fans, others just follow one team.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Oops, follow the Brock hockey team too.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

If Janzen had a rule infraction, Falcons would point it out. Please prove your point and post this phantom infraction...Just had a text conversation...Buddy was like huh?
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

It's a technical rule, you follow enough hockey, surprised you don't know.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:It's a technical rule, you follow enough hockey, surprised you don't know.
A guy on the inside for Welland doesn't seem to know either. So either you know the rules very well, or could you be wrong?

I know what the Falcons coach is like, he'd point it out. Probably be better to tell the Falcons, because now that its on here...If its true, you can bet it will be corrected.

I have a good understanding of the rules, but they have changed over the years(small changes)...Nothing that I've noticed about him.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

i have found a NHL rulebook online that shows it, an OHL rulebook on line that shows it, but haven't been able to find an OHA online yet.but it's there.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

LOL. omg. Hey Port, why you letting this person get under your skin. LOL.. He knows crap. He would have posted or said what the infraction is if its ohhh so wrong. blowin smoke.
Stkitts

Post by Stkitts »

There is no 'obvious' rule that the Welland goalie is in infraction of. Goalie34, why would you say 'obvious' when none exists? If it was 'obvious' everyone would know! You loose a great deal of validity when you make such statements.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

wolfman wrote:LOL. omg. Hey Port, why you letting this person get under your skin. LOL.. He knows crap. He would have posted or said what the infraction is if its ohhh so wrong. blowin smoke.
I was having fun, even text a buddy...Nobody knows what he's talking about. I was very curious as to what he thought was a infraction.

But nobody seems to know anything, kind of what I figured.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

...and you guys call yourself hockey fans LOL.

It's an infraction that a referee will not call on his own, but must look into it if it brought to his attention, kind of the same way playing with an illegal stick works.

Edit--- And since your Welland friend doesn't have a clue, it's safe to say he didn't get league approval first.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Now I know why they are taking advantage of this rule, they want Janzen in there........ :lol:

No need to upset him and actually give him a reason to play......... :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:i have found a NHL rulebook online that shows it, an OHL rulebook on line that shows it, but haven't been able to find an OHA online yet.but it's there.
Well until you mention this rule...I'm assuming you're wrong. :oops:
goldenhorseshoefan

Post by goldenhorseshoefan »

Port hockey1 wrote:Also funny how most of the whining comes from Falcon fans. Didn't hear any complaints when the Falcons dominated the league every season. A bunch of hypocrites!!

No whining early last season either. I had a Falcon fan say not to jump on that bandwagon too early. In fact, all I heard was how the Falcons would take care of them in the playoffs.

Funny how fast people's feelings change...Isn't it! Caledonia doesn't even ice a team loaded with 20 year olds like the Falcons do most seasons. They got over half their team back from last season. They stand to get another great core back next season.

And their deal(Caledonia) is with a Jr.A team.(Hamilton Red Wings) They picked up two great forwards from them around the deadline, added Tanev too. Both goalies had great numbers in Jr.A.

They come for the chance to win a title. They don't have that chance on a rebuilding Jr.A team. For too long the Falcons have been the best at attracting players...while not anymore. :lol:

And if anyone wants to get technical...De Sousa, Manns, Doucette, Morrisson ext. were all imported with the hopes of winning a cup.

What are you even talking about haah. Falcons have had A LOT of local players in the past on their teams, yes they attract players why wouldnt they? great track record close to Brock and have a lot of success in the past with their players moving on. just like Thorold once did and Niagara Falls, yet they both ahve new owners now and things ahve changed. and getting technical yes they were brought in, allwoed 7 imports, yet Doucette was an import last year..
Caledonia has a great TEAM, last year they had dominanting ahndful of players but this year they play well as a team adn that makes them great. Not sure how the falcons dont attractthe best players too, seems like they do a good job, tough to compete with Caledonia but when yyou have two power houses what do you expect
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goldenhorseshoefan wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Also funny how most of the whining comes from Falcon fans. Didn't hear any complaints when the Falcons dominated the league every season. A bunch of hypocrites!!

What are you even talking about haah. Falcons have had A LOT of local players in the past on their teams, yes they attract players why wouldnt they? great track record close to Brock and have a lot of success in the past with their players moving on. just like Thorold once did and Niagara Falls, yet they both ahve new owners now and things ahve changed. and getting technical yes they were brought in, allwoed 7 imports, yet Doucette was an import last year..
Caledonia has a great TEAM, last year they had dominanting ahndful of players but this year they play well as a team adn that makes them great. Not sure how the falcons dont attractthe best players too, seems like they do a good job, tough to compete with Caledonia but when yyou have two power houses what do you expect
Falcons do a great job, just sick of people saying Caledonia shouldn't be here, or that they should move up a level. They follow the same rules as everyone else. Only allowed the same 7 imports.

Falcons fans have had a lot of reason to brag for a long time. Can't blame them after what a old owner put them through. But it would be nice if those same fans that bragged all these years would stop making up excuses about Caledonia.

They treat their players right. They have a great coach, how about some credit...I don't mean you. Great well written comment from you.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
goalie34 wrote:i have found a NHL rulebook online that shows it, an OHL rulebook on line that shows it, but haven't been able to find an OHA online yet.but it's there.

.... and I'll just assume you aren't smart enough to figure it out. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

.... and I'll just assume you aren't smart enough to figure it out. :lol:
Impossible to figure it out if you're wrong. Since you're the only one who seems to know, enlighten us. If you don't post the rule that you think is being broken...Going to have to figure you're wrong. No other reason to not post it.

Either say it or get over it. I'm not going to make a guessing game over something that hasn't even been established to exist.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Port hockey1 wrote:

Falcons do a great job, just sick of people saying Caledonia shouldn't be here, or that they should move up a level. They follow the same rules as everyone else. Only allowed the same 7 imports.

Falcons fans have had a lot of reason to brag for a long time. Can't blame them after what a old owner put them through. But it would be nice if those same fans that bragged all these years would stop making up excuses about Caledonia.

They treat their players right. They have a great coach, how about some credit...I don't mean you. Great well written comment from you.

Google this and read the news story from the St Catharines Standard.
Back in June 2013.

HERE COME THE CORVAIRS By Bill Protrecz
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Google this and read the news story from the St Catharines Standard.
Back in June 2013.

HERE COME THE CORVAIRS By Bill Protrecz
Just went back and read it again. Funny how the Falcons were completely in favor of the Corvairs coming...But now all I hear from their fans is whining, priceless! Corvairs made great comments to those that voted against it too.

First they want another team...Buffalo isn't good enough, Caledonia is too good. :lol:
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Just went back and read it again. Funny how the Falcons were completely in favor of the Corvairs coming...But now all I hear from their fans is whining, priceless! Corvairs made great comments to those that voted against it too.

First they want another team...Buffalo isn't good enough, Caledonia is too good. :lol:

Yeah it's hilarious, it's also hilarious how you made this whole thing up. Never said anything bad about Caledonia ability, or about their ability to recruit. Simply stated that they should be above running to the rulebook for any and every advantage. Reminds me of a 12 year old girl running to Mommy because big brother swore.

Oh and by the way, it's not just Janzen, Hunter is illegal too........
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

goalie34 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:

Yeah it's hilarious, it's also hilarious how you made this whole thing up. Never said anything bad about Caledonia ability, or about their ability to recruit. Simply stated that they should be above running to the rulebook for any and every advantage. Reminds me of a 12 year old girl running to Mommy because big brother swore.

Oh and by the way, it's not just Janzen, Hunter is illegal too........
Did I say you? I said Falcon fans...Did I say all of their fans? No. Maybe read more carefully...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I see you have a PM conversation going...People asking about this phantom rule? lol
goldenhorseshoefan

Post by goldenhorseshoefan »

Port hockey1 wrote:

Yeah I agree, there are loop holes that teams find and able to use but at the end of the day the OHA governs us and if they see no rules broken then none are broken. I personally like that Caledonia is in, Falcons dominated before but St. Catharines, specifically, Frank Girhiny voted and approved to allow Caledonia to come in. Thought it was better for the conference i beleive it is too. Like your opinions, allows for critical thinking and engagement!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Port hockey1 wrote:I see you have a PM conversation going...People asking about this phantom rule? lol
And he won't answer me, but I think I figured out what he's talking about.

And the reason you can't find an OHA rule book is because there isn't one. You have to look up the Hockey Canada rule book.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Did I say you? I said Falcon fans...Did I say all of their fans? No. Maybe read more carefully...
Are you serious? Your first rant was an answer to my thread, not sure how anyone could see that as anything but directed at me. :lol:
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Big clue right here.