Chris Janzen beats Falcons,Welland ties series 1-1

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Chris Janzen beats Falcons,Welland ties series 1-1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland stormed out to a early 3-0 lead chasing Falcon starter Ben Csiernik after allowing 3 goals on 9 shots. Jon D'Ilario shut the door after coming in making 13 saves.

Falcons got one back late in the period but Chris Janzen shut the door from there. He played amazing hockey making 39 saves. The Falcons dominated the third period but couldn't solve Janzen.

Huge win tonight. Hopefully management realizes Janzen deserves the starts. He got them here, he won them the game tonight. That a boy, way to show management they were wrong to bring in Johnson!!
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Volvoman

Re: Chris Janzen beats Falcons,Welland ties series 1-1

Post by Volvoman »

Well said Port hockey 1! Was at the game last night and thought it was a great game. Janzen was impressive but really shone in those last minutes-made some outstanding saves with St.kitts having a 2 man advantage with the net empty and Welland taking a penalty. (way to go Ruggi-pushing the net off). I thought Welland looked a bit flat in the 3rd, didn't really play the same game as they did in the 1st and part of the 2nd as well. Anyway, here's to hoping they can keep it up!
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

Great game by Welland and Janzen, agreed !!! Well said Port, hit everything on the nose !!!!
Welland looked really strong in the first, but seemed to tire down in the second, then dont know where they were in the third.

Actually a fairly well ref-ed game also in game 2. See what happens when refs call a good game !! The REAL better team wins !! Not to notice from game one that the ref WOLFE happens to have the same last name as the Assistant coach to St. cath WOLFE . !!

Hmmmm, gotta wonder !!
Stkitts

Post by Stkitts »

Re:Wolfman's commnets-refs.
There should never be a relative (or any kind of 'acquaintance') to one team officiating in a game at this level. I will bet there is no conflict of interests involved here with the referee.( 'Wolfe' and the assistant coach for St. Catharine's, Wolfe). Would anyone have a definite answer to this?