Beer league reffing

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Beer league reffing

Post by Port hockey1 »

This has been a ongoing issue for most of the season. The Caledonia Corvairs always seem to get the short end of the stick.

Tonight, in game 3 it has been pathetic at times. This isn't 12 year old kids playing hockey, but you'd never know it some nights in Caledonia. I'm watching Ancaster try to take Caledonia players down every time they have the puck in the Ancaster zone. Some of the non-calls are so obvious that its embarrassing to the GOJHL.

If this league is trying to attract players this isn't going to help. One play the Ancaster player puts his stick in the opponents skate as a shot was coming from the point. It took him a couple of seconds to get his blade back out of the skate yet still no call. Ref was looking at the play as it happened and didn't look away until they were back in the play. Many other instances
where Ancaster hooks the opponent repeatedly on the rush, also tripping every chance they get.

If they're going to let all that go they should be doing so for both teams. But every time a Corvair obviously trips a guy he's in the box. A total disgrace. These games are supposed to be called evenly. Instead we see refs trying to keep the other team in the game.

Ancaster still manages to hang themselves. Getting lippy with refs that are letting you get away with everything isn't going to do you any favors.

Wake up GOJHL, the reffing in this series is a total disgrace!!! :x
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Beer league reffing

Post by Port hockey1 »

Anyone disagree, look at the games on youtube. This is why I rarely get out to the arena anymore. Can't be bothered to support these refs.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

Most times the reffing is SO bad, it makes one wonder where they come from! I do understand that it is a very tough job to do. But where is the training? Where is the accountability? At the Welland vs St.Kitts game on Friday night, the refs blew the game big time. SO many 'no calls' with sticks being slashed and knocked out of players hands (no call), cross checked from behind, (no call), holding the stick (no call) - time after time- no calls!
And then...last nights game, was very well refereed! So, it can be done!
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Oh, Welland must have won last night LOL
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Volvoman wrote:Most times the reffing is SO bad, it makes one wonder where they come from! I do understand that it is a very tough job to do. But where is the training? Where is the accountability? At the Welland vs St.Kitts game on Friday night, the refs blew the game big time. SO many 'no calls' with sticks being slashed and knocked out of players hands (no call), cross checked from behind, (no call), holding the stick (no call) - time after time- no calls!
And then...last nights game, was very well refereed! So, it can be done!
It drives me crazy when you see a kid get his stick chopped out of his hands, or a kid gets hauled down and the ref is looking right at the play, but no call. Seconds later you see the guys hand go up for something the other team does that was a fluke.

Example: It is pretty obvious when a kid chops at his opponents stick or sticks his stick into his opponents arms...You see the ref looking the entire time, but no call. A few seconds later, a kid chops at the puck, misses and gets the opponents skate, opponent falls, refs hand goes up.

Mind boggling.