Flyers might be in trouble

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Flyers might be in trouble

Post by Port hockey1 »

One word, Tugwell...the kid is playing amazing. Flyers dominated the first period tonight firing more than 20 shots on goal, yet they trail 1-0 after the first.

London then out shoots Leamington considerably in the second, they lead 2-0 heading into the third.

You know, call it whatever you want...I wasn't convinced London stood a fighting chance. Beating the Maroons was impressive. But with the Maroons situation away from the ice the last two years, had to figure it was a fluke.

But it was obviously a lot more than that. London has a lot of chemistry, the outstanding play of their goalie has their confidence through the roof. If they win this game the Flyers are in a lot of trouble.

This London team has heart, they remind me of a Port Colborne team that finished at the bottom but made their way to the league finals a few years ago.

This series will be great, whoever gets the bounces wins it.
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Flyers might be in trouble

Post by Port hockey1 »

3-0 London, final. Looks like they have the momentum.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

That's quite the 180 there Port. Weren't you on here a matter of days ago basically saying that Tugwell isn't that great of a goalie and just kicks the net off?

And I get called a hypocrite.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

All I'm going to say is what I said before: tonight would be different than Thursday night. The first period is the worst I've seen the Nats play all year. When your goalie is great, you can get away with it, apparently. The second was better and the buzzer beater broke their back. The Flyers now understand the Nats are for real. Bring on Sunday.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:That's quite the 180 there Port. Weren't you on here a matter of days ago basically saying that Tugwell isn't that great of a goalie and just kicks the net off?

And I get called a hypocrite.
What are you talking about?? I said he's only human and facing 50 shots a game doesn't really go in his favor. When did I say he basically isn't that great of a goalie and just kicks the net off???

I said he kicks the net off a lot, I said that helps him win. Do you not agree that having goals waved off due to the kicking of the net helps him?

But where did I say he's not that great? Can't seem to find it in my posting history. You've twisted my words a few times on here. Read my thread...I clearly said I thought beating Chatham was a fluke. I admitted that I was wrong.

Doing your homework before putting words in others mouth is always a good thing. I've confused people on here with others before and admitted I was wrong. I try to be a little more careful now.

In my opinion, me mentioning the Rocket's problems on the Jr.C forum got you a little peeved.(only reason I can think of) Oh well :D :smt003
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Qwerty wrote:All I'm going to say is what I said before: tonight would be different than Thursday night. The first period is the worst I've seen the Nats play all year. When your goalie is great, you can get away with it, apparently. The second was better and the buzzer beater broke their back. The Flyers now understand the Nats are for real. Bring on Sunday.
You were right on the money my friend. You called it, good call. I've seen what chemistry, heart and a rock solid goalie can do for a team before.

London is in full control, even if they lose game 3, pressure is still all on the Flyers.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Don't remember Port saying anything about Tugwell not being a good goalie. Tugwell is a very good goalie. First and Third period Flyers dominated. 2nd period was controlled by London. Flyers are in trouble for sure. Need to get there crap together or fast or they wont win a game. Hopefully the Flyers can come back and disappoint the newest Nats fan RG :d. Well deserved win by London tonight though.
End of a era in Leamington
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

Again a great performance by Tugwell. Just was wondering where the boost of offence was as stated by Port ( the insertion of suspended players ) .Like I said in my previous post .It really doesn't matter who the shooters are , If Tugwell sees it, it gets stopped .Plus the Nats are throwing their bodies out there as well .You have to get bodies in front of this goalie or he stops the puck all day long and it appears they( Flyers ) aren't interested in this strategy .Getting guys in the dirty areas is a must with this goalie or this series is going to be over fairly quickly .
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Tell Carey Price to take the Tugwell mask off. :P
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

Coach Piroski on ctv news after game one basically said London was lucky to win the game and he " guaranteed " a different outcome for game two, not sure he meant his team would be shutout but he was right, it was a different outcome.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Re: Maroons one loss away from elimination
Postby Port hockey1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Tugwell has kicked the net off 16 times now. People have been counting. Bessette in goal, winning four straight will feel great(if it happens) after all the London showboating.

Tugwell = scared, lol.
I used to have Dissociative Identity Disorder, but we're fine now. :smt014

There's your proof. You called Tugwell scared, implying that's why he kicked the net off in the first round, implying that he doesn't have the confidence in himself or his team to get it done without 'cheating'.

That's how I read that. If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry.

And my issue with you is that you annoy the crap out of me. You said last year that it's because you're a Chatham fan. That's wrong because I'm friends with mrunsfan, talk to them every time I'm in Chatham. Now you're saying it's because you brought up the former Rockets on the C board. Guess what, they're former Rockets, I don't care about them any more. Yes, congrats to Chase and Tyler and Max and Dylan and Brett and Kettsy on their season in Exeter, but once you've left my team, I don't really care about you any more. I have opinions on them being in Exeter, but I choose not to make them public.

But these are the reasons why I'm not a big fan of yours. You called me a dictator last year, which I did not appreciate in the least. You've called me a hypocrite numerous times, and I find many of your posts rather hypocritical at times. And you've made posts questioning the moderators, saying that we're not doing our jobs. I'm the only moderator, Blades is an Admin just like Admin is.

And to Flyers2011, I know that it annoys you that I'm going for London, specifically due to the reasons why, and that's why you're bitter, but does it really matter who I'm cheering for? The Nationals aren't winning because RG is on their side. I know that I have more power than most realize, but I don't think I'm that powerful. If that were the case, my boys would still be playing, and they'd win a championship every year.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

We all know this series is a looong way from over. Setting aside the best outcome (i.e., shut out) the Nats have had in post-season, I was more impressed (in a bad way) at how poorly they played at times, particularly in the first when they were absolutely horrible. Obviously their PK did the job last night, but the pp was anemic; at times they struggled to even get out of their own end. If they continue to rely strictly on Tugwell, that will eventually fail. I expect to see some more physical play this afternoon by the Nats. They will have to do so if they want to keep this train rolling because, as northofusa points out, the Flyers need to do something different to get some pucks by Tugwell and that means getting some dirty goals with shots from the point and bodies in front of the net.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Being down two games to nothing is a big hole for any team to crawl out of. There is little room for error now when the Flyers must win 4 of the next 5 to advance.
Wardsville

Post by Wardsville »

I wouldn't worry about port too much RG. ..last season when I didn't agree with what he was saying he started blabbing on about my personal like NOTE I've never met port let alone who he is...but he got pretty ridiculous considering this is a hockey forum and it's about hockey..not attempts at taking hacks on individuals personal lives
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

its just funny before the London Nationals were the worst bunch of jerks in Ontario and Kelly tomson wasn't a good coach and blah blah. Now there the greatest. it just seems humerous to me. As for the game today, the Flyers season is on the line, they find a way to win I think they have a great chance to come back and win this series. Lose today and get the golf clubs out.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Oh I know. They've just made a few comments in their time here as to why I don't really like them, so I'm setting the record straight.

And for the record, there's a lot of people that don't like me, or my opinions, but I don't get all bent out of shape about it. I have my opinions and they tend to not be well received because I'm rather blunt and tell you the way it is. But I also hear from others that they appreciate my bluntness. If my boys are playing like crap, or anyone else, I don't hold back and I let them know.

As for last night's game, I only caught the 3rd period, but according to my Dad, the bounces were all going in London's favour all game long. I witnessed a few times in the 3rd where the Flyers SHOULD have scored and they waited too long to shoot the puck, or it hit the post, or Tugwell just put out the pad and it bounced off, or he just stood up tall and it went off the chest.

We'll see what this afternoon's game has to bring, but I'm heading down the 402 to catch my other team.
Queen of the GOJHL

BLACKHAWKDOWN

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

Been on this forum for many years...decided to join in on the conversations 11 years ago...seen some great intelligent posters come & go...seen some real unintelligent posters come & go....I enjoy the contributions of many here these days such as Flyers2011, RG, Marcie, Qwerty, & others. I have to agree with some in that Port irks me often too with his unintelligent diatribes, personal battles, ridiculous opinions, 180's, bold predictions/statements that go awry with no further mention, etc. etc. I've never blocked a poster before in 11 years....that tells you something. IMO I would not miss his garbage posts one bit were he to go elsewhere & this forum would be better off for it. Others, please keep your contributions coming!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:
Re: Maroons one loss away from elimination
Postby Port hockey1 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Tugwell has kicked the net off 16 times now. People have been counting. Bessette in goal, winning four straight will feel great(if it happens) after all the London showboating.

Tugwell = scared, lol.
I used to have Dissociative Identity Disorder, but we're fine now. :smt014

There's your proof. You called Tugwell scared, implying that's why he kicked the net off in the first round, implying that he doesn't have the confidence in himself or his team to get it done without 'cheating'.

That's how I read that. If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry.

And my issue with you is that you annoy the crap out of me. You said last year that it's because you're a Chatham fan. That's wrong because I'm friends with mrunsfan, talk to them every time I'm in Chatham. Now you're saying it's because you brought up the former Rockets on the C board. Guess what, they're former Rockets, I don't care about them any more. Yes, congrats to Chase and Tyler and Max and Dylan and Brett and Kettsy on their season in Exeter, but once you've left my team, I don't really care about you any more. I have opinions on them being in Exeter, but I choose not to make them public.

But these are the reasons why I'm not a big fan of yours. You called me a dictator last year, which I did not appreciate in the least. You've called me a hypocrite numerous times, and I find many of your posts rather hypocritical at times. And you've made posts questioning the moderators, saying that we're not doing our jobs. I'm the only moderator, Blades is an Admin just like Admin is.

And to Flyers2011, I know that it annoys you that I'm going for London, specifically due to the reasons why, and that's why you're bitter, but does it really matter who I'm cheering for? The Nationals aren't winning because RG is on their side. I know that I have more power than most realize, but I don't think I'm that powerful. If that were the case, my boys would still be playing, and they'd win a championship every year.
I called him scared. He's the underdog in round 1 against a very good team. Where did I say he's not that good???

I didn't, like shut up already, if I had said it, fine, but I didn't. You're too much sometimes, think you don't annoy the crap out of people. Yeah I've called you out before, didn't make up bs and say you said it though. Get it??? You post your opinions and I do the same, get off your high horse.

Again, quote me right or shut up!!!
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Wardsville wrote:I wouldn't worry about port too much RG. ..last season when I didn't agree with what he was saying he started blabbing on about my personal like NOTE I've never met port let alone who he is...but he got pretty ridiculous considering this is a hockey forum and it's about hockey..not attempts at taking hacks on individuals personal lives
RG said I said something that I didn't say. Damn right I'm going to call her out. She's made a living out of calling everyone else out.

She says she calls it how she see's it, well so do I, don't like it? Then don't misquote me, simple.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:its just funny before the London Nationals were the worst bunch of jerks in Ontario and Kelly tomson wasn't a good coach and blah blah. Now there the greatest. it just seems humerous to me. As for the game today, the Flyers season is on the line, they find a way to win I think they have a great chance to come back and win this series. Lose today and get the golf clubs out.
Bingo! She gets caught being a hypocrite, gets mad and misquotes others. When the misquoted calls her on it, I get a rambling reply saying how my completely different words were taken as "Tugwell isn't that good".

Priceless!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

"but once you've left my team, I don't really care about you any more." kind of a ruthless thing to say RG. sometimes people need to take a step back and realize these are still 16-20 year olds. Obviously there are major problems in rocketland and that's why these guys left.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Oh I know. They've just made a few comments in their time here as to why I don't really like them, so I'm setting the record straight.

And for the record, there's a lot of people that don't like me, or my opinions, but I don't get all bent out of shape about it. I have my opinions and they tend to not be well received because I'm rather blunt and tell you the way it is. But I also hear from others that they appreciate my bluntness. If my boys are playing like crap, or anyone else, I don't hold back and I let them know.

As for last night's game, I only caught the 3rd period, but according to my Dad, the bounces were all going in London's favour all game long. I witnessed a few times in the 3rd where the Flyers SHOULD have scored and they waited too long to shoot the puck, or it hit the post, or Tugwell just put out the pad and it bounced off, or he just stood up tall and it went off the chest.

We'll see what this afternoon's game has to bring, but I'm heading down the 402 to catch my other team.
I'd rather you get bent out of shape than bold face lie on here. Saying "you" said this or that...But it was never said.

You see the difference is, you make things up when you get painted into a corner. I've called you on things you've said,
I don't lie and say RG said this and that.

If your ranting replies aren't you getting bent out of shape, I'm not sure what they are. :lol:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BLACKHAWKDOWN wrote:Been on this forum for many years...decided to join in on the conversations 11 years ago...seen some great intelligent posters come & go...seen some real unintelligent posters come & go....I enjoy the contributions of many here these days such as Flyers2011, RG, Marcie, Qwerty, & others. I have to agree with some in that Port irks me often too with his unintelligent diatribes, personal battles, ridiculous opinions, 180's, bold predictions/statements that go awry with no further mention, etc. etc. I've never blocked a poster before in 11 years....that tells you something. IMO I would not miss his garbage posts one bit were he to go elsewhere & this forum would be better off for it. Others, please keep your contributions coming!
Bold predictions...lol, Isn't that what this forum is for? Thought it was to talk hockey. I've made many contributions here. I talk to people around the league, some like a lot of what I say, others have told me I go overboard at times.

You coming on here to complain about me and praise the rest isn't really a contribution, so...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:"but once you've left my team, I don't really care about you any more." kind of a ruthless thing to say RG. sometimes people need to take a step back and realize these are still 16-20 year olds. Obviously there are major problems in rocketland and that's why these guys left.
I know eh, was a little mad when Palazzolo left Chatham, but I'm still hoping he wins a championship in Elmira. Guess some people have no use for players that leave.

With fans like that...
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

i'm the same way with Brett Langlois. When he left Leamington I still cheer for him in Lasalle all the time.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You're a lot closer with the LaSalle guys than I am with Leamington or London. Yes, I wish Tyler Duarte and Trevor Dulong well with their teams, but I don't keep up with them. Same with the boys that are now in the OHL or playing college hockey in the states, I wish them well, but I don't follow up with them. During the season, the Rockets keep me busy enough, plus the blog and my job, so I don't have time to keep track of what every Rocket in the last 21 seasons have been doing.

And clearly I read your 'Tugwell = scared' wrong, and you didn't specifically say that Tugwell isn't a great goalie, so I'm sorry for putting words in your mouth. But you spent the entire first round complaining about Tugwell and him kicking the net off, and now you're praising him. I don't know what you call it, but that's a 180.

And I'm sorry about my 'ranting replies', but I don't like double posts, so I fit everything all in one and I get rather wordy, which makes them long. And when I feel attacked, I get defensive and the claws come out.

But how about we get back to the topic at hand, which is Leamington and London.
Queen of the GOJHL

insanity

Post by insanity »

good call RG. Lol. Teams are lucky to have fans that passionate.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:

But how about we get back to the topic at hand, which is Leamington and London.
Good idea, I know we both get defensive at times on here. I was convinced Tugwell was the reason London won the 1st round...with some help from the net of course. But after last night it looks like the Nat's have a lot of heart. I had to admit I was wrong.

I never thought Tugwell was a bad goalie, but I didn't know he was capable of playing at the level he is either.

He's played the best in the West in these playoffs, so I have to give the kid a lot of credit.
insanity

Post by insanity »

kid is on a roll ain't he??????????frustration is his best friend right now I would imagine................