Most historic organization

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Most historic organization

Post by Port hockey1 »

A lot of history involved with most of the teams in the GOJHL.

Anyone wan't to give their opinions on who the top 3 or top 5 are?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Marcie

Re: Most historic organization

Post by Marcie »

Off the top of my head I would say Waterloo and Stratford in the Midwest. Waterloo is the longest running Junior B team in the province starting in 1937. Their 11 Sutherland Cups is more than most teams can ever dream about. Stratford is one of the most recognizable hockey names in the entire country.

In the West I would say St. Marys and Sarnia. Although the Lincolns have fallen on rough times in recent memory, they have endured. They are the second oldest Junior B team in all of Ontario. Sarnia's legacy is large. They are the most successful franchise in the West winning the most cups.

In the Golden Horseshoe, I might look to Niagara Falls. A charter member of the Golden Horseshoe, the dedication that the Masterson family put into that organization is legendary.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

im not a chatham fan at all but you have to add the Maroons in there, they have won a lot of League Champions.
End of a era in Leamington
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

And St. Catherines of the Golden Horseshoe