Chatham forces game 6

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Chatham forces game 6

Post by Port hockey1 »

Chatham has defeated London 4-2. Bo Bessette continues to be a thorn in London's side.

While London should get some credit for the 3-0 lead they built, no Morgan and L.T. were a big loss. Same as not going with Bessette to begin with. Another reason London isn't getting a lot of credit is their lack of class in the series.

Up 3-0 in the series, Woolley makes a gesture like he won a belt towards the Chatham bench after a fight with Hopkins. Not even going to talk about the kicking of the net, everyone is well aware of that. Then after Chatham ices the game with a empty net goal, Woolley runs Bessette over. No class. Good for Bessette for throwing some punches and showing that wont be tolerated.

2 down, 2 to go, Go Maroons!!! :mrgreen:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
insanity

Re: Chatham forces game 6

Post by insanity »

you are right Port, if they are focused on that sort of crap they aren't focused on the job at hand. Maroons getting stronger every game. Long cold ride back to London tonight...................
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

made the trip to chatham tonight, very entertaining game that could of went either way, the shot by Gus Ford for the 3rd goal that was shorthanded was a beauty shot, didn't have much room to sneak it in. Should be a great Game 6 in London.
End of a era in Leamington
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Agreed. Great game. Hats off to Ford on the shorty. Bessette the better goalie tonight. Whooley, despite his beauty slapper to tie the game, embarrassed himself and the team with his antics in the third. Out of character. Otherwise a great game. Saturday night, here we come.
hockeyfan77

Post by hockeyfan77 »

Attempting to injure 2 top scorers doesn't exactly ooze of class either. Let's hope both teams play a good old (and fair) game of hockey tonight and may the better team win.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

How about the story that broke last night that the Maroons denied access to Rogers London to take video of last night's game for highlights.

http://www.cksn.ca/2015/03/london-telev ... oons-game/
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
hockey3

Post by hockey3 »

it was a good game. however I have to say, I was disgusted with the acts in the stands by the Chatham people. They are not fans, they are disgusting individuals. It is one thing to cheer for your team. It is another to make gestures to the opposing players that you are masturbating. Yes, that is correct. I sat behind a father with 2 young children last night in Chatham and watched this piece of human slime do this after the 3rd Chatham goal. These people should be banned from future games. They are not hockey people. And to see his wife there with a young girl under that age of 3 and the a 1 year old boy laughing, was unbelievable. If this is a true representation of the city of Chatham, then they need to burn this city to the ground and start over. Chatham has a long and distinguished hockey history, last night, this history was completely compromised. If this is what they want to be remembered for, then maybe they should rethink whether Chatham really deserves a hockey franchise. As for the signs and counting of knocking the net off, other rude gestures and taunting of opposing players, get a life, you people are not even watching the game or understanding the position of playing goal in todays game. Goalies are instructed in wrap around situations to push off from one post and push thru the other. What do you want these goalies to do, take their time going from post to post. There would be no chance for them to make the save. The day of the stand up goalie is long gone folks. until the league decides to drill the posts back into the concrete below the ice, nets will come off. deal with it. Funny how no one seems to count the Chatham net coming off. For the record, we are up to 12 times.
finally for the fans of mr. feasey, teach him how to stop diving and laying on the ice like he was shot. On Wednesday he gets hit, rolls around the ice, then when a penalty wasn't coming his way, he gets up, with no signs of an injury, and takes a stupid penalty. Last night, same thing. Gets hit on the boards, lays on the ice. Didn't take a penalty, however did come back 2 shifts later after he made it look like it was a season ending injury. Again, no signs of any injury. It was funny as well to watch the Chatham bench try and decide on who was going to come and help him. I hear that the team is sick of his acts and whining all the time . No one was quick to jump to the help one of their beloved teammates and league scoring champ. It is nothing new. He has been doing this since he was in peewee. He can be a talented player, but the childish acts have got to go. Grow up and act like a 20 year old, not a 5 year old. Earn the respect of your teammates and opposing players. Clearly he has not done that yet.
I think the people from Chatham that go to the games have to remember these are 16,17,18,19 and 20 year old young men. They are not 35 year old men making millions of dollars. They are playing a game they love. We as adults should respect them regardless of the jersey they are wearing. Most of these guys are playing out their time in hockey. Some are going to school, others working. But in the end, they are playing a GAME. If Hockey Canada was to invoke their Code of Conduct, there wouldn't be many people from Chatham in the stands. They should be ashamed.
I have been watching this for 4 seasons and been to all rinks. This last night was by far the most disgusted display of fan support I have witnessed in all my years of watching jr hockey. Most fans cheer their team on and actually even cheer if a good save or play is made. These people are not hockey fans. They are going to the rink with a clear intention of acting like asses. I would be embarrassed to live in this city knowing this is the way they support a team and represent themselves. If that is life in Chatham during hockey season, you can keep it!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

That's up to Chatham, must have had their reasons. Not the first time a team has done this. Not exactly the classy thing to do though.(T.V. thing)
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

hockey3 wrote:it was a good game. however I have to say, I was disgusted with the acts in the stands by the Chatham people. They are not fans, they are disgusting individuals. It is one thing to cheer for your team. It is another to make gestures to the opposing players that you are masturbating. Yes, that is correct. I sat behind a father with 2 young children last night in Chatham and watched this piece of human slime do this after the 3rd Chatham goal. These people should be banned from future games. They are not hockey people. And to see his wife there with a young girl under that age of 3 and the a 1 year old boy laughing, was unbelievable. If this is a true representation of the city of Chatham, then they need to burn this city to the ground and start over. Chatham has a long and distinguished hockey history, last night, this history was completely compromised. If this is what they want to be remembered for, then maybe they should rethink whether Chatham really deserves a hockey franchise. As for the signs and counting of knocking the net off, other rude gestures and taunting of opposing players, get a life, you people are not even watching the game or understanding the position of playing goal in todays game. Goalies are instructed in wrap around situations to push off from one post and push thru the other. What do you want these goalies to do, take their time going from post to post. There would be no chance for them to make the save. The day of the stand up goalie is long gone folks. until the league decides to drill the posts back into the concrete below the ice, nets will come off. deal with it. Funny how no one seems to count the Chatham net coming off. For the record, we are up to 12 times.
finally for the fans of mr. feasey, teach him how to stop diving and laying on the ice like he was shot. On Wednesday he gets hit, rolls around the ice, then when a penalty wasn't coming his way, he gets up, with no signs of an injury, and takes a stupid penalty. Last night, same thing. Gets hit on the boards, lays on the ice. Didn't take a penalty, however did come back 2 shifts later after he made it look like it was a season ending injury. Again, no signs of any injury. It was funny as well to watch the Chatham bench try and decide on who was going to come and help him. I hear that the team is sick of his acts and whining all the time . No one was quick to jump to the help one of their beloved teammates and league scoring champ. It is nothing new. He has been doing this since he was in peewee. He can be a talented player, but the childish acts have got to go. Grow up and act like a 20 year old, not a 5 year old. Earn the respect of your teammates and opposing players. Clearly he has not done that yet.
I think the people from Chatham that go to the games have to remember these are 16,17,18,19 and 20 year old young men. They are not 35 year old men making millions of dollars. They are playing a game they love. We as adults should respect them regardless of the jersey they are wearing. Most of these guys are playing out their time in hockey. Some are going to school, others working. But in the end, they are playing a GAME. If Hockey Canada was to invoke their Code of Conduct, there wouldn't be many people from Chatham in the stands. They should be ashamed.
I have been watching this for 4 seasons and been to all rinks. This last night was by far the most disgusted display of fan support I have witnessed in all my years of watching jr hockey. Most fans cheer their team on and actually even cheer if a good save or play is made. These people are not hockey fans. They are going to the rink with a clear intention of acting like asses. I would be embarrassed to live in this city knowing this is the way they support a team and represent themselves. If that is life in Chatham during hockey season, you can keep it!!
Fans get carried away in every arena, get a grip...Burn this city to the ground...Pot, meet kettle. Too funny.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Funny how you think it's ok for London players to make gestures, but not Chatham fans...It's ok to kick the net off and run the goalie...But you leave our London boys alone. Lmao!!!

Don't worry, two more games and you wont have to deal with us anymore...I hope the people at the golf course act up to your standards. lol

BTW: The Chatham net has been fine, you don't understand how goaltending works, or our net would be off 20 times too.

12 times eh, I've listened to a lot of those games, heard the Chatham net come off once from the goalie.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

And finally, our leading scorer was drilled into the boards, teach your players not to hit the numbers...Then our scorer wouldn't need to lay on the ice in pain. You know, the way players from every team lay there when they're in pain.

Good for him though, coming right back and playing through the pain.

But you're entitled to your one sided rant Mrs.Tugwell.

Funny how you rip Feasey, then say not to do that because they're teens...Hypocrite, for sure. 8)
shady

Post by shady »

I think we have went thru this before about fans , There are idiots at every arena ! I got treated like crap in Strathroy last year in the playoffs by Strathroy fans and never went back ! In game 2 of this series in London after the game some London fans turned around and laughed at us hysterically and couple fans leaving say ha ha go home Chatham , So it is not just Chatham ! Wake up and smell the coffee buddy !
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Play-offs brings the ugly out in people. Just as the teams amp up their play, some fans, not all, up their antics too. But as with the issue of kicking the net off, let's put this one to bed as well. It comes up every season and it's just a back and forth of who's been treated poorly by which team's fans.

No matter who wins tonight, I'm hoping it's a good game. I expect a lot of people at the Western Fair as this is the only series still going on in the GOJHL.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Notwithstanding masturbating fans and the moron in a red jacket and ball cap who sits beside Chatham's owner bellowing like an ape every time a Maroon gets checked (seriously, buddy, you need to know that you look and sound like a fool...), I find Chatham fans merely enthusiastic. They've got a classic rink filled with history that's all proudly on display in the cabinets and banners. Vintage Canadiana. This has been a phenomenal series with two great teams. The drama of the underdogs jumping out to a three-game lead and now the big come-back is the stuff movies are made of. Both teams have scored great goals. All 3 goaltenders have made spectacular saves. Amazing pass plays and thundering hits. Sure, there have been a few ugly bits, but nothing too serious. It's a bloody hockey game, folks... it's going to get emotional and rough, and tempers are going to flair. Missed calls, bad calls, dives, chirping by the players, cat-calls from the fans... all part of the game. A $10 ticket sure buys a lot of entertainment. My money's still on London to emerge victorious, but they're clearly going to have to change something up to shift the momentum that's swung now in favour of the Maroons. These have all been one-goal games and anything can happen.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Great series for sure. If Chatham is able to force, and win a game 7, will it be the first time a team has come back from 3-0 since Port did it to Welland four or five years ago?
Jr_fan

Post by Jr_fan »

RIP Chatham - Karma is a bitch.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Looks SO GOOD on the Chatham owner.
End of a era in Leamington
shady

Post by shady »

WOW you guys are classy !!! NOT !!! Thanks Chatham Maroons for another great regular season , and want to express my greatest wishes to the ten graduating players , may you have success in the future where ever it takes you .
Jr_fan

Post by Jr_fan »

Do the league a favor and sell the team to someone that has some ethics.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Jr_fan wrote:Do the league a favor and sell the team to someone that has some ethics.
Not a fan of the ownership, but they are good people. They've iced some good teams the last few years. Spent some money to go all in. Doesn't always work out, doesn't always fail either.

I just wish they weren't so "hands on". Let the coach do his job. :)
insanity

Post by insanity »

dude, you need to get out a bit to a few more arenas. Arenas are full of dinks all the way from Timbits to Oldtimer hockey. Not wasting my time on you any more with your lopsided comments
BLACKHAWKDOWN

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

[quote="Port hockey1"]Funny how you think it's ok for London players to make gestures, but not Chatham fans...It's ok to kick the net off and run the goalie...But you leave our London boys alone. Lmao!!!

Don't worry, two more games and you wont have to deal with us anymore...I hope the people at the golf course act up to your standards. lol[quote]

So.....how silly does those "2 more games" and "golf course" statements look now??
Oh the irony...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BLACKHAWKDOWN wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Funny how you think it's ok for London players to make gestures, but not Chatham fans...It's ok to kick the net off and run the goalie...But you leave our London boys alone. Lmao!!!

Don't worry, two more games and you wont have to deal with us anymore...I hope the people at the golf course act up to your standards. lol

So.....how silly does those "2 more games" and "golf course" statements look now??
Oh the irony...
I thought you used your control panel to hide my posts. You even said how great it was that it worked and you didn't see my posts anymore.

Yet, here you are, responding to a post I made, Ohhhh, the irony. :lol: :oops:
BLACKHAWKDOWN

Post by BLACKHAWKDOWN »

I was getting bored not engaging in a battle of wits with someone so ill-equipped to do so. But I will admit you do have at least half a wit....