Big Sunday Night

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

shady

Big Sunday Night

Post by shady »

Big Sunday in the West as all 4 series go today ! Any predictions for tonights games ?
Port hockey1

Re: Big Sunday Night

Post by Port hockey1 »

I predict the Chatham coach finally grows a pair and starts Bessette...But I'm not holding my breath.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Bessette will start and play well. Maroons will come out hard and punish the Nats in the first. If Nats keep it close, they'll win the second period. Third period is anyone's guess. Tonight could be the first OT. If Nats prevail, the whining from certain Maroon fans on this forum will be high-pitched. Good luck to both teams... should be a great game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Any video of the Leamington, Lambton Shores blow-ups tonight?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Wardsville

Post by Wardsville »

The sarnia - st. Thomas series is going to come down to whose got the better goalie...In that case st.thomas is going to come out on top. Masters is giving up huge rebounds that are therefore turning into easy goals for st.thomas. Simple saves aren't being made when need be
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Port hockey1 wrote:Any video of the Leamington, Lambton Shores blow-ups tonight?
Ask and you shall receive, credit to the uploader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouca_LBmTnw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6Qr00R4fY

All suspensions that'd come from these besides the cross check major, I'd assume will be bought back. Though in any other league the Lambton Shores player that jumped Amante would be gone for a fair number of games considering it was clearly a mugging and not a fight.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

There is no buy backs anymore I don't think. Players have to serve there suspensions.
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

You can't buy back suspensions anymore. Over the last few years they've decreased which suspensions you could buy back and last year they took the option away completely.

http://www.oha.pointstreaksites.com/fil ... 3-2014.pdf
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

RocketGirl wrote:You can't buy back suspensions anymore. Over the last few years they've decreased which suspensions you could buy back and last year they took the option away completely.

http://www.oha.pointstreaksites.com/fil ... 3-2014.pdf
So from reading this it seems that everything is reviewed in the playoffs as opposed to automatic suspensions? I'm not up to snuff on the new systems I guess but it reads that everything is reviewed as opposed to automatics?
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Lambton Shores 03/02/15 DEL Fetterly, Austin (F) placed on league suspension for 1 games
Lambton Shores 03/02/15 DEL Mini, Gino (D) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Lambton Shores 03/02/15 DEL Hammett, Brent (D) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Lambton Shores 03/02/15 DEL Sarfati, Ethan (F) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Leamington 03/02/15 DEL Shipley, Ryan (D) placed on league suspension for 1 games
Leamington 03/02/15 DEL McGhee, Jacob (D) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Leamington 03/02/15 DEL Parlette, Zak (D) placed on league suspension for 2 games
Leamington 03/02/15 DEL Amante, Mitchell (F) placed on league suspension for 2 games
End of a era in Leamington
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

rhinomark50 wrote:So from reading this it seems that everything is reviewed in the playoffs as opposed to automatic suspensions? I'm not up to snuff on the new systems I guess but it reads that everything is reviewed as opposed to automatics?
I'm not sure what reading to get that they're reviewed.
Fine Options
As communicated earlier the fine option regulation J5 has been removed for the 2013-2014 Playoff
season and moving forward. All suspensions must be served.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Pre & Post Altercations & Multiple Fight Situation
Any player(s) involved in a pre or post game or post period fight or Multiple Fight Situation (line brawl)
will be ejected from the current game and further games pending an investigation of the incident.
Coaches for the teams involved will be held responsible. Player(s) involved in a pre or post game/period
altercation will also be placed on a special report.

That is where it sounds like they're all reviewed before suspensions are given, but the suspensions given have already proven that they're just going off the game sheet. Not that it really matters at the end of the day, as Perkowski and Campbell will just slide into the lineup and a little line juggling. Wont hurt at all in the game tomorrow, or at all if Lambton some how pulls out a win tomorrow, but being without 2/3rds of arguably your number one line certainly isn't ideal potentially heading into a game one with a London.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

rhinomark50 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:Any video of the Leamington, Lambton Shores blow-ups tonight?
Ask and you shall receive, credit to the uploader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouca_LBmTnw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd6Qr00R4fY

All suspensions that'd come from these besides the cross check major, I'd assume will be bought back. Though in any other league the Lambton Shores player that jumped Amante would be gone for a fair number of games considering it was clearly a mugging and not a fight.
Wow, any class in Lambton Shores these days...