Fort Erie cant stay out of the box in loss to Welland

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

Port hockey1

Fort Erie cant stay out of the box in loss to Welland

Post by Port hockey1 »

Fort Erie imploded in a first round playoff preview Sunday night at Welland arena. The refs were a joke from the start. They called everything, and I mean everything! Probably wasn't a full minute played without a penalty during 10-12 minute stretches of the first two periods.

But Welland adjusted to the no nonsense kind of game being reffed. Fort Erie...Nope, they took penalty after penalty in the 3rd including verbal abuse of officials calls later in the period. The end result, a 6-2 thumping & 50+ shots on their net.

Fort Erie is very easy to agitate, Hubbert likes to play "innocent" but every team deals with agitators. Fort Erie is quite good at dishing it out too. If they don't learn self-control fast...The brooms will be out. :smt003 :smt006
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Re: Fort Erie cant stay out of the box in loss to Welland

Post by Port hockey1 »

Good for Osborne, calling out the Mets for playing goon hockey and letting them know Welland isn't scared.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

Refs did fine for the situation. The win didn't mean a thing for either team, Fort Erie accomplished exactly what they wanted to do last night.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

If they wanted to sit in the box all night, I guess so...Strange way to prepare for the playoffs though.

I guess they think they intimidated Welland...Too funny, we'll take the pp all night. 8)
goalie34

Post by goalie34 »

https://i.imgur.com/I8CZKh.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;