Quarter Final Matchups

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Blades

Quarter Final Matchups

Post by Blades »

It appears that we've played enough games to declare who is finishing in which place and who meets who in the quarter finals. It took an overtime goal to determine spots 5 and 6 between Strathroy and St. Thomas. The Rockets clinched 5th with an OT win at home tonight.

This year it's the Lincs who miss the playoffs. Wishing you better results next season.

#1 Leamington vs. #8 Lambton Shores

#2 Chatham vs. #7 London

#3 Sarnia vs. #6 St. Thomas

#4 - LaSalle vs. #5 Strathroy

So, any thoughts on how any/each of these series might go?
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Re: Quarter Final Matchups

Post by Port hockey1 »

Leamington in 5

Chatham in 5

Sarnia in 5

LaSalle in 6
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Just a guess above...But these series will be great...Some teams are very unpredictable this season.
I look forward to RG's playoff preview.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

#1 Leamington vs. #8 Lambton Shores - Flyers in 5

#2 Chatham vs. #7 London - Maroons in 5

#3 Sarnia vs. #6 St. Thomas - Sarnia in 6

#4 - LaSalle vs. #5 Strathroy - LaSalle in 7
End of a era in Leamington
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I'm saying 4-game sweeps for the top four clubs. The top four are very strong. I can't see any of them losing a series, or even a game.
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

No Brainers:

#1 Leamington vs. #8 Lambton Shores = Leamington in 4

#2 Chatham vs. #7 London = Chatham in 4 or 5

Out On A Limb:

#3 Sarnia vs. #6 St. Thomas = St. Thomas in 7

#4 - LaSalle vs. #5 Strathroy = Strathroy in 6
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

could very well happen go west, those 3-6 and 4-5 series are tough to pick. If Lasalle falls at home early in the series I think they will be trouble, that should be a great series.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Port hockey1 wrote:I look forward to RG's playoff preview.
I should have them posted tomorrow. I'm mostly waiting for the schedules to be finalized and posted, which I'm told they have to done tonight, but I also have to finish writing my MW Preview.

Please note that I'm not doing a preview for the Shoe. I'm not prepared to start covering them at this stage in the season, plus I don't know them well enough to be able to accurately write a preview or make predictions.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

RocketGirl wrote: I'm not doing a preview for the Shoe. I don't know them well enough to be able to accurately make predictions.[/color]
Unlike last year when you said Caledonia and St. Catharines couldn't possibly be the best two teams in Ontario because they both came from a "weak" conference.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It says something to the caliber of your Conference when your top team is 44-3-2.

And it doesn't mean I won't be making predictions when we get to the Sutherland Cup, I'm just not doing it now with the Conference play-offs. I have enough on my plate covering 8 series, I'm not adding another 4.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

RocketGirl wrote:It says something to the caliber of your Conference when your top team is 44-3-2.

See, here is where you are wrong again. It has nothing to do with the calibre of the Conference. Caledonia was that good this year. Teams 2 thru 7 were similarily competitive to the other two conferences.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Was hoping for a Shoe preview, but I'll live. :) Can't wait for the West & Mid-West previews...Always good reads. :)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

There's just not enough hours in the day for me to try and put together 1 for the Shoe. I've already been working on the MW one since Wed. or Thurs. last week, and I'm not done it yet. That's tonight's project.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:There's just not enough hours in the day for me to try and put together 1 for the Shoe. I've already been working on the MW one since Wed. or Thurs. last week, and I'm not done it yet. That's tonight's project.
Thanks for putting in the hard work it takes to do these things. Always appreciated. :)
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

well done RG, see ya on Wednesday
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

binder

Post by binder »

Great Job RG.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Thanks binder!
Queen of the GOJHL

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm slowly but surely making my blog pages for the 8 play-off series. I have 3 pages so far, Elmira vs. Brampton, Kitchener vs. Listowel, LaSalle vs. Strathroy. I'll post more tomorrow after tonight's games.
Queen of the GOJHL

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I'd heard about the league meeting that they had a few weeks ago and was told that they had a social media 'expert' there. One of the things that was discussed was having official hashtags for things. I noticed last night on Twitter, which I think they have them on Facebook too, but I'm not into that, anyways, they have official hashtags for all the play-off series.

#LSPvsLEA
#LONvsCHA
#STTvsSAR
#STYvsLAS

#BRAMvsELM
#KITvsLIS
#WATvsGUE

#CALvsPEL
#ANCvsNFC
#FEMvsWEC

I have not seen one for Stratford and Cambridge or St. Catharines and Thorold. If and when I do, which will probably be tomorrow, I will pass them along.
Queen of the GOJHL

flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

there goes your all sweeps Marcie, and I think u could be wrong on the other ones too, Lasalle and Strathroy were very evenly played last night. could of went either way, even Lambton Shores held the flyers 0-0 midway through the third, Playoffs are a totally different game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like Lambton hung themselves with a 4 minute penalty.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

the Lambton player just wouldn't stop chirping at the ref, stupid penalty on his part. Preds goalie played awesome.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I was pretty surprised to see the game 0-0 in the third. I wasn't expecting a huge blowout, but was surprised both teams hadn't put a couple goals on the board.

Should be a pretty good series...It's looking like they all will be at this point.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

makes for a lot better game when its close.
Northofusa19

Post by Northofusa19 »

Regarding the Flyers game . It was a gallant effort by the Predators .They figured out a pretty sound defensive zone coverage against a fairly potent offense .I was thinking the game could have gone either way .A show of depth by the Flyers by healthy scratching one of their players that is nearly a fourty point man . Looks like they will continue to shuttle them in and out of the lineup .Predators goalie was rock solid , when he could make the save he made it as there were no bad goals scored against him .If it wasn't for the four minute penalty things could have been different but the kid wouldn't shut up and eventually hurt his team .Wheaton woke up after they rung one of the post and shortly after made a couple of key saves .I think the Predators made a statement that they shouldn't be taken too lightly.