Leamington Goaltending

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

rhinomark50

Leamington Goaltending

Post by rhinomark50 »

With Sun County getting beat out last night by Waterloo, Leamington has added goalie Michael DiPietro to their roster, and I would expect he'll start the two games while Wheaton and Barrett are suspended. DiPietro is widely considered one of if not the top goalie available in the upcoming OHL draft, so it will be interesting to see how he plays against the top teams in the Jr B loop. He looked extremely good in the Red/White game, out playing every other goalie in the game, including Barrett.

They also added Jim McClellan from the Southpoint system, whom I will cringe if he touches the ice outside of warm-ups. Maybe he steps up, but the Southpoint system has not been very good the last 5-10 years.

Will make for some interesting games.
flyers2011

Re: Leamington Goaltending

Post by flyers2011 »

Actually Sun County won last night 3-0 and play today in Essex at 2:30.
End of a era in Leamington
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Guess that's what I get for assuming since Sun County seems to be the only team that doesn't update their pointstreak the day of games. Guess it all depends on a variety of factors who plays tonight, but obviously if DiPietro starts for Sun County this afternoon, he'll be cemented to the bench tonight and for the first time in years a Southpoint goalie will get a start for the Flyers.

I don't think there is any other goalies in the equation for tonight, will still be a fun game to see how the team responds to having a young goalie in net. Look forward to seeing the results regardless. Leamington needs 3 points to clinch first place. Hopefully the team responds well to getting ripped into after the game Thursday.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Tyler Wall is starting in goal tonight I heard, one of the ones that needs to be ripped into is Trevor Wheaton, should not of fought since there was already one goalie suspended.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Don't know anything about Tyler Wall...But he has solid numbers on elite prospects.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102