The race for first

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

The race for first

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looking at the standings, it looks like Chatham still has a slim chance at first place. Two games in hand, plus a meeting with Leamington. The Flyers and Maroons both face the bottom teams a few more times but it looks like Leamington has a slightly easier schedule.

But you never know. If the better teams pull out wins over the Flyers, and Chatham wins the rest of their games...It could be close. Those two points lost to protest just might decide the final standings.

What is everyone thinking? Does Sarnia still have a chance? Masters looks to be still getting used to his new surroundings, but I think he'll get better as the season winds down.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Qwerty

Re: The race for first

Post by Qwerty »

Maroons looking good right now. Handed out a shellacking the last couple evenings to the Nats and Rockets (125 shots for in two games!). Coin toss between them and Leamington, but I'd give the edge to Chatham due to their mix of skill, experience and size. On big ice, Leamington has a chance. In a smaller box up, against the big boys in Chatham, I'd put my money on the M's. Sarnia is too inconsistent, even if Masters steals a few games for them, which he is capable of doing.
Wardsville

Post by Wardsville »

Looks like the legionnaires made a mistake getting rid of Johnston. Masters hasn't looked comfortable since he got there. I understand the kid is new to the team but there comes a time when he needs to start saving basic shots. Once again this is my opinion no need to start a bitch fest
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I've had the same thought, but I read that Hunter wanted out, so why keep someone that doesn't want to be there?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Wardsville

Post by Wardsville »

I'm not quite sure why someone who wanted out would be attending the last few games watching as a spectator..you'd think if someone wanted out that bad they wouldn't want to go watch a game. I could be wrong but hunter has been at the last couple of games
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hunter can't even get into the lineup in Welland. We all have our thoughts, mine is he hasn't been the same since he left for Niagara falls a couple of years ago. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Volvoman

Post by Volvoman »

Well, throw my 2 cents worth in here, Hunter is a great kid and a good goalie. Problem is, there are lots of 'good' goalies. Not going to make a starting role in Welland, starter there is just too good (lowest save % and low, low GAA) and too much of a future with the team. I'm really hoping that we didn't make a mistake in letting him go!