Post by brad 36 »

Welcome Gus Ford and Luc Knight to the Chatham Maroons! :D
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
RocketGirl

Re: welcome to the maroons

Post by RocketGirl »

I hear you've lost your captain.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

Gus Ford from Brantford 99ers?
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

RocketGirl wrote:I hear you've lost your captain.
Yep... And it looks like it sure hurt our offence ;p
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like me source was right after all...Must be why everyone clammed up when I started the thread. :D
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Where did Verboom land...the 99ers? :lol: Was a great player for a long time. Hoping he's not on a contender in the West.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

no verboom has gone to school on a hockey scholarship was what i was told tonight. That being said i hope it works out for him and he has a successful time playing college hockey.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Both gus and luc played very well tonight and i think they are going to be big additions for the chatham maroons hockey club.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Verboom had been talking about leaving chatham for quite sometime, definatley was not happy, Good for him, Huge loss for Chatham
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

brad 36 wrote:no verboom has gone to school on a hockey scholarship was what i was told tonight. That being said i hope it works out for him and he has a successful time playing college hockey.
Good for him, a great hockey player & a great person from what I hear.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Verboom had been talking about leaving chatham for quite sometime, definatley was not happy, Good for him, Huge loss for Chatham
Not really. Gus Ford will fill most of the void, Knight will help with the rest. :smt002
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Verboom is a great kid, its a great opportunity for him. I believe he is playing with Kyle Brothers and Austin Roudebush on the same team.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

HAHAHA ok Port.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Port hockey1 wrote: Not really. Gus Ford will fill most of the void, Knight will help with the rest. :smt002
flyers2011 wrote:HAHAHA ok Port.
Actually flyers, Port is correct. The line tonight of Feasey - Ford - Richardson had a jump to them that has been missing for quite some time. Give them a couple games to get comfortable and they will be quite the line.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

just remind yourself they played a team that has won 2 games this season. If you don't think there captain who has 54 points in 33 games will hurt them, well good luck to you lol
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Ford also had 50 points with a team that didnt have a much better record than st marys i think that he will do well in chatham aswell
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

time will tell, pretty sad though when someone as classy as Verboom and good kid, cant stand playing for you, says a lot about the staff and ownership in Chatham. But time will tell how good the Maroons are with there new additions :D
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

flyers2011 wrote:just remind yourself they played a team that has won 2 games this season. If you don't think there captain who has 54 points in 33 games will hurt them, well good luck to you lol
and Ford played for a bottom feeder team and had 51 points in 34 games with the next closest only having 34 points. He kept that team afloat. He also had 11 more points that anyone on your precious Flyers. Im sure he will fit the role just fine.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

my precious Flyers have 4 lines that can score and do score. Instead of playing the hell out of 1 line, if you remember correctly that's what the difference was last season and why we are the defending champions and in First Place.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

first place in the WEST not first over all
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

which is more then can be said about the Maroons
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

flyers2011 wrote:my precious Flyers have 4 lines that can score and do score. Instead of playing the hell out of 1 line, if you remember correctly that's what the difference was last season and why we are the defending champions and in First Place.
Okay then, lets look at the top 10 point totals for both teams forwards *calculating*

Chatham has 289 points from their top 10 forwards and that's if you don't count Ford.

Leamington has 267 points from their top 10 forwards.

Doesnt seem that far off for me, no?
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

the difference last year was the 2 games via protest flyers and you know it and i belive the year before last chatham was the champions so dont get up on your high horse anything can happen and the game you guys protested this year you had to have the league give you 3 goals to win that one. IT AINT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

what exactly was Chatham the champions of the year before that ? The regular season ? haha
hockeyfan77

Post by hockeyfan77 »

flyers2011 wrote:Verboom is a great kid, its a great opportunity for him. I believe he is playing with Kyle Brothers and Austin Roudebush on the same team.
You are incorrect. He is not playing on the same team as Brothers.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

where did he go ?
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

still another banner in the barn. something chatham has lots of.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

and i was informed tonight that verbooms decision was not pollitical bull sh** it was a matter of doing what needed to be done to better his hockey career. micheal was at the game tonight in the stands
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

yeah that's why he asked for a trade before that lol but I honestly don't care about the Chatham drama.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

flyers2011 wrote:yeah that's why he asked for a trade before that lol but I honestly don't care about the Chatham drama.
when you talk to verboom then you can run your mouth until then sit down and shut up.