Costly penalties costing Flyers

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

Costly penalties costing Flyers

Post by Port hockey1 »

Leamington is losing to struggling LaSalle 5-3 in the third period. The Flyers have been outscored 5-1 since the first period came to an end. They've been heavily outshot to this point(28-18), and they have key forwards dropping the gloves.

Amante is gone(fighting), Quick took a charging penalty, that was followed by goalie interference on Allen. Looks like the Flyers are having trouble sticking to hockey tonight. Better learn to keep their composure or teams will use their tempers to their advantage come playoffs.

3 fights in the game so far. Looks like a LaSalle spear triggered at least one fight.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Re: Costly penalties costing Flyers

Post by brad 36 »

according to pointstreak lassale actually had more penalty minutes but leamington just couldnt keep there heads. lasalle had a big second period and i think that was the difference maker tonight. looks like leamington really struggled in there own end as well or just didnt get shots but either way CONGRATS LASALLE nice to see leamington get beat
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

first off penalties had NOTHING to do with the outcome. Both teams were 0 for 7 on the power play haha, get your facts straight boys, the reason for the outcome was that Lasalle outworked Leamington and earned the win. Very good effort for the Vipers. Flyers looked like they were thinking about there cruise Friday
End of a era in Leamington
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

i didnt say it did flyers read the second sentence in my post.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I was referring to Port's comments not you.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

good stuff the way you worded it made it sound like it was addressed to me and port
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

just re-read what I wrote and I did say get your facts straight boys, so my bad, its other individual who posts comments that make no sense, my apology.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

So you are saying losing your temper isn't costly in the playoffs...Got it. :wink:
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

nobody lost there temper and what are you even talking about lol atleast Brad is making sense.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

flyers2011 wrote:Flyers looked like they were thinking about there cruise Friday
This crap should never happen during the season, it's a big distraction. Want to do it after the season is done, great, but while they should be focussing on hockey is a terrible time to do it. They just had 2.5 weeks off, do it then. It's great that the owners treat their players to the trip every year but the timing should be better thought out.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I think the cruise is a great thing for the team. however perhaps having it during the 2 and a half weeks they had off would of been better but its hard to say if they could get it then, either way the players should be able to still play good hockey no excuses.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Either way it is a great idea. Maybe the timing is a little off, but doing things as a group as the playoffs approach will only make them stronger as a unit.

Very smart ownership for sure.