Trade Alert

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

LancerNation

Trade Alert

Post by LancerNation »

St. Marys trades goalie Andrew Masters and defensemen Mitch Read to Sarnia for cash. Masters and Read both improve the Legionaries line up. Masters also is a huge upgrade in net for Sarnia. Good luck to both players in Sarnia
JuniorBFan007

Re: Trade Alert

Post by JuniorBFan007 »

when is this to occur?
LancerNation

Post by LancerNation »

I believe on the weekend...Masters will be in the lineup tomorrow in London...and my source is Masters himself
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

picture on the Sarnia facebook with him in a Sarnia uniform, also heard Hunter Johnson is no long with Sarnia.
End of a era in Leamington
Blades

Post by Blades »

That photo on FB has a link to where it is located online at http://www.theobserver.ca/2015/01/06/le ... the-crease
From the article it says the Masters is replacing Hunter Johnson and that Rose expects the team to trade Johnson by the end of the week.
Apparently he also wowed former Chatham Maroons coach Mark Davis earlier this season who marveled "Their goalie stood on his head. He was amazing".

Nothing about Read ... yet.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
JuniorBFan007

Post by JuniorBFan007 »

when is GOJHL trade deadline?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Sarnia is now legit. They weren't with Johnson, but they sure are now.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
LancerNation

Post by LancerNation »

JuniorBFan007 wrote:when is GOJHL trade deadline?
Jan. 10
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I've read that St. Thomas is looking for another goalie, as Dampier is injured right now. What are the chances Hunter could end up in St. Thomas?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
LancerNation

Post by LancerNation »

Very likely. Dampier broke his hand in a "bar fight" and required surgery I was told
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Lasalle possibly could be looking for a goalie as well.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

the thing that will make it difficult for hunter to find another team of that kinda caliber will be that he is way to much of a hot/cold player. All players have there days we all no that but with hunter it seems very unpredictable and when hes bad hes terrible that will be his biggest issue and all of the western teams are smart enough to realize this i hope
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Mark Manchurek will be re-joining the Lasalle Vipers after getting cut from the Windsor Spitfires, big addition for the Vipers.
Blades

Post by Blades »

From the PS transaction page, a couple of moves by Sarnia

Brampton 01/08/15 DEL Andersen, Connor (D) traded to Sarnia
Sarnia 01/08/15 ADD Andersen, Connor (D) acquired in trade from Brampton
Sarnia 01/08/15 ADD Masters, Andrew (G) acquired in trade from St. Marys
Welland 01/08/15 ADD Johnson, Hunter (G) acquired in trade from Sarnia
Sarnia 01/07/15 DEL Johnson, Hunter (G) traded to Welland

So it seems Hunter is now playing in the GH. Wishing him all the best with his new team.
A warm welcome to Masters and Andersen.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I don't know why Welland wanted Johnson. They have two outstanding goalies now. Johnson isn't better than either of them.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

St. Thomas has picked up Caledonia's goalie, Branden Polasek. He's leading the goalies in the leagues. We'll see how he transitions to the West, but perhaps the Stars are looking at making a run this year.

Gotta love trade deadline day!
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Caledonia Fan

Post by Caledonia Fan »

Good Luck Branden Polasek
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Polasek is a good goalie. But don't let his numbers fool you. He played in front of the best team in the province.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

the best team in there conference, you cant say there the best team in the province since they have only played teams in the golden horseshoe.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:the best team in there conference, you cant say there the best team in the province since they have only played teams in the golden horseshoe.
Yes I can, and I stand behind that comment. They're the defending Cup champions. Best in the province...Best record in the province too.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

If you really think anyone can beat them in a series...Well you'll see. lol
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

If they win the Sutherland Cup this season then yeah, until then there best team in the Golden Horseshoe. Looks like St Catharines look care of them last night.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

lol, Yes they're the best in the Shoe, Leamington best in the West ext. But then there's the best overall. And that is clearly Caledonia. You know, kinda like the way they rank the CHL...But whatever. :roll:
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Official: The St. Thomas Stars have acquired forward Ryan Valentini from the London Knights (OHL).

The Stars have also acquired defenceman James Newland from the Mt. Brydges Bulldogs (Jr. C).

The Stars will have to give up forward Zach Grzelewski to the London Knights for the rest of the season. We wish Zach luck in the OHL!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Rumor has it John warren has been signed by the Knights.
LancerNation

Post by LancerNation »

Ya I heard him and the kid from st t are both staying up with the Knights
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The Rockets sent Nick Whitworth to St. Marys for Ocean Check and have picked up Marcus Baird from Ancaster.

The trades have been pretty quiet this year.

This is a story from Steve Rice at the Stratford Beacon Herald on all the moves leading up to trade deadline day.

http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/20 ... line-deals
Queen of the GOJHL

Oglethorp

Post by Oglethorp »

The St Thomas kid will be staying with the Knights. The Knights gave up a lot of size and grit at the trade deadline. That was evident when they played Erie Friday night. The knights need find a solid defenceman that can take charge in their own end more than anything now.
The Simon Cowell of the GOJHL.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

John Warren is remaining on a B card, and will stay with the Nationals, he along with Valentini and Henderson were removed from the Knights roster.
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

Part of a Press release from the Knights:

Jan 11, 2015 - 15:17 EST

In other roster news, forwards Zach Grzelewski and John Warren have earned permanent spots with the London Knights this season. Both started 2014-15 as members of the St. Thomas Stars with Warren also having played with the London Nationals before being called up to the Knights. London Knights General Manager Basil McRae also announced that the team has assigned Kelly and Kevin Klima to Springfield Junior Blues of the North American Hockey League for the remainder of the season.