Maroons with another move

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Lilomnivore

Maroons with another move

Post by Lilomnivore »

Not sure when it will be announced, but the maroons have made a new acquisition. Anyone wanna take a guess? :p
Port hockey1

Re: Maroons with another move

Post by Port hockey1 »

I'd guess Verbeek, but not sure.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Blades

Post by Blades »

Which Verbeek? Sarnia has had two of them -- Pat Verbeek who coached the team for a couple of years including a season when his son Kyle played. I'm guessing you mean a relative of one of them ... or maybe not.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Another 1998, no doubt ;-)
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Verbeek that played in Chatham last season. He's with the Soo in the OHL right now.

Qwerty: What's with the 98 comment? Did you mean 94? :?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

oh no look out. Wonder what the rumors are gonna be for how much we paid for this player this time.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

brad 36 wrote:oh no look out. Wonder what the rumors are gonna be for how much we paid for this player this time.
I'm sure it will be a bit cheaper than the millions that were payed last season. :P

Nobody will say much, other teams have payed for players this season. How much doesn't matter. Spending money to get a player is either black or white, no grey.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
brad 36 wrote:oh no look out. Wonder what the rumors are gonna be for how much we paid for this player this time.
I'm sure it will be a bit cheaper than the millions that were payed last season. :P

Nobody will say much, other teams have payed for players this season. How much doesn't matter. Spending money to get a player is either black or white, no grey.

lmao port just fun to watch all the haters talk numbers they dont know lol
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

I wonder where rocket girl and her "sources" are on this one seeing as how she was at the Chatham game tonight surly she must know something :roll:
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

If anyone guesses correct I will be surprised as its not something i think anyone would be expecting. Should be interesting as news breaks.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Lilomnivore wrote:If anyone guesses correct I will be surprised as its not something i think anyone would be expecting. Should be interesting as news breaks.
now now dont spill no beans mister lmao
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lilomnivore wrote:If anyone guesses correct I will be surprised as its not something i think anyone would be expecting. Should be interesting as news breaks.
Kuchmey?
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I heard Logan Ferrington from London, could be wrong tho
End of a era in Leamington
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
Kuchmey?
:smt018
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

how about Logan Ferrington :wink:
Natrat

Post by Natrat »

How about Jake Patterson asking for a leave of absence from the team until the new year, the soap opera in chatham continues
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Ah, Brad, you saw me there? Why didn't you come say hi?

I heard the leave of absence rumour too, but considering Patterson played last night, how true can that be?

And yes, I heard the rumour about Logan Ferrington as well. Ferrington's a goalie, so which one is on his way out? Considering they just got Patterson, I don't think it's him. So why's Bessette unhappy? I thought he was welcoming the competition with Patterson. And where's Bessette going to end up?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Even if Patterson did ask to go home early for the holidays, he'd only miss two games, so it's not like it'd be a big deal. In my mind anyway. Odds are he'd only play one of them also.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Vipers possibly could be looking for another goalie, so you never know.
Natrat

Post by Natrat »

Why would the Vipers be looking for a goalie?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Where's Dede Cato? You guys touted him as the 2nd coming of Brennan Feasey, saying how great of a 2-way player he is, and the kid never plays. Of 30 games that the Maroons have played, he's been with the team for 27 and has dressed for 15.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

rhinomark50 wrote:Even if Patterson did ask to go home early for the holidays, he'd only miss two games, so it's not like it'd be a big deal. In my mind anyway. Odds are he'd only play one of them also.
I've heard that Patterson has told the Maroons since he came that he's not in game shape and doesn't want to play until the New Year. I heard Sat. night that he's told them he needs a leave of absence until he can get back into game shape.
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Natrat wrote:How about Jake Patterson asking for a leave of absence from the team until the new year, the soap opera in chatham continues
I wouldn't call a rusty goalie that needs time to get into game shape a soap opera...But whatever. :roll:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:Where's Dede Cato? You guys touted him as the 2nd coming of Brennan Feasey, saying how great of a 2-way player he is, and the kid never plays. Of 30 games that the Maroons have played, he's been with the team for 27 and has dressed for 15.
Who said he was the next Feasey? Or are you just exaggerating again? :wink:
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The impression I got when you guys were all talking about him possibly signing with Chatham back in Sept. was that he's this great, fantastic, superb hockey player, and he never plays, that's the point I'm trying to make. So the question is, why doesn't he?

*Line omitted by Admin to avoid inciting*
Queen of the GOJHL

Qwerty

Post by Qwerty »

Port hockey1 wrote:The Verbeek that played in Chatham last season. He's with the Soo in the OHL right now.

Qwerty: What's with the 98 comment? Did you mean 94? :?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:The impression I got when you guys were all talking about him possibly signing with Chatham back in Sept. was that he's this great, fantastic, superb hockey player, and he never plays, that's the point I'm trying to make. So the question is, why doesn't he?

*Line omitted by Admin to avoid inciting*
Probably team depth. The vets should be getting the bulk of ice time. Everyone says he's looked solid.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Any update as to when this move will be announced?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Didn't see anyone new tonight in the lineup. Things still going as planned?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Starting to look like this thread was started a little prematurely.