St Thomas solves Patterson

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

St Thomas solves Patterson

Post by flyers2011 »

looks like All star goalie Jake Patterson had a rough night, 3 goals on 13 shots according to pointstreak.
End of a era in Leamington
flyers2011

Re: St Thomas solves Patterson

Post by flyers2011 »

make that 20 shots, still not a great night for the all star.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

jake played well the guys in front of him didnt all 3 goals he was left to dry and one of them was 15ft offside.
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:make that 20 shots, still not a great night for the all star.
I'm starting to see why brad talks to you the way he does. If you're going to start a topic it would be nice if you covered it without so much bias. You must work for Sun media.

The "all star" was making his second appearance and first start of the season. The "all star" hadn't played a game all season and was supposed to be eased into action after a couple of weeks. When Davis left a new coach made a rookie mistake. Or Chatham management made a mistake dressing him so soon. Either way he needs time to get into shape before he gets starts. Risking points while he's rusty is not wise in my opinion. But that's just my opinion.

Obviously he's going to say he's ready. Who wouldn't? It's up to management to know when the time is right. Like I said, you come on here and start a topic trying to embarrass Maroons nation. Is it really that hard to write with minimal or without bias?
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

thank you port.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

just from the stats looks like he had a rough night that's all, and he is an allstar isn't he ? he played in the O did very good so too me that makes him an all star, should take my all star comment as a compliment :wink:
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Port hit the nail on the head. He was not supposed to play until the 11th of December at the earliest. Thursday when he was forced into the net after Bessette letting in 5 easy ones, management was not happy at all with the decision to put Patterson in, even though he ended up playing well. That being said I dont know why he was started tonight with how upset management was after coming in relief after 5 goals.

That aside tonight had nothing to do with Pattersons performance. I've said it before and ill say it again, Chathams defense is their weakness. The first two goals were on break aways and the third was caused by three stars being left alone in front of the Chatham net while Chatham puck watched in the corners.

Hopefully their new defense man they are looking at will solve or at least help with some of these problems... Oops did I spill some beans? Oh wait I'm sure that Rocket Girls "Sources" already have informed her of this which in turn means Flyers knows everything about it as well so I guess I'm okay ;) *picks up the beans*
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Glad to hear D help is on the way. :D
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

maybe they should also try new ownership :p need more then a D man
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My source, who is a real person, hasn't heard anything about that. But I was informed last night that Bowen quit.

You people like to imply that I'm not that important and I don't matter, but you all seem concerned about what I've heard or haven't heard.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

RocketGirl wrote:My source, who is a real person, hasn't heard anything about that. But I was informed last night that Bowen quit.

You people like to imply that I'm not that important and I don't matter, but you all seem concerned about what I've heard or haven't heard.

Where did you hear this from because Bowen as of the weekend hadnt quit he was gone home for thanksgiving with his family since he is from new jersey
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

C'mon Brad, I'm not foolish enough to name my source. How am I gonna get info if I say, 'oh, I hear everything from Joe'?

But Sun. night I received information that he'd quit. Perhaps he was home for Thanksgiving, but my source is always very reliable.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

brad 36 wrote:Where did you hear this from because Bowen as of the weekend hadnt quit he was gone home for thanksgiving with his family since he is from new jersey
I see he didn't play tonight, so is he still home for Thanksgiving that was last week?
Queen of the GOJHL

Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Maroons fire 68 shots on goal and lose 5-3. Bessette is probably tired from being overworked early in the season.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

RocketGirl wrote:
brad 36 wrote:Where did you hear this from because Bowen as of the weekend hadnt quit he was gone home for thanksgiving with his family since he is from new jersey
I see he didn't play tonight, so is he still home for Thanksgiving that was last week?
Bowen was at the areana tonight and is still a full member of the maroons. ps hows darryl doing even tho he font know sh** like you apparently seem to think.
but if your going to spread rumors maybe you should talk to the people involved or the ownership.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port hockey1 wrote:Maroons fire 68 shots on goal and lose 5-3. Bessette is probably tired from being overworked early in the season.
the only thing that kept this game close was chathams lack of defence and lohnsons steller goaltending tonight i do have to give him credit he made some real nice saves
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

hey brad I think Rocketgirl was asking you a question about bowen ?
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

flyers2011 wrote:hey brad I think Rocketgirl was asking you a question about bowen ?
and i answered that question.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

so why wasn't bowen playing then if hes still a full member of the maroons ? doesn't make sense
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

thats not for me to say or start anything all im saying is he was at the game in his maroons stuff.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

wouldn't hurt my feelings if hes still on the maroons, he don't help them that's for sure.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

dont help them my ass he is a big help but its easy for someone who doesnt travel to say what you did
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

what do u mean someone who doesn't travel
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

if your implying I don't travel and go to road games your insane, ive missed maybe 2 flyer road games and go to the majority of the viper away games as well, get a grip
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

It's laughable to say a guy like Bowen doesn't help them. He's big and creates space. He also dishes out some of the bggest checks in the league. That gets into people's heads.

I'd say he's very valuable, not to mention his OHL past. I've seen plenty of footage of him to know he makes an impact.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

hes also very slow, and gets caught a lot and takes stupid penalties.
shady

Post by shady »

Looks like your reliable sources aren't so reliable Rocketgirl ! Bowen mysteriously showed up on the ice in your barn !
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:hes also very slow, and gets caught a lot and takes stupid penalties.
He has 88 penalty minutes...Mostly misconducts. You say it like he takes 2's every game.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like Sarnia is solving our defense...Or lack of. Down 5-1 in the second to a team you're tied for second place with in the standings is very uneasy at this point in the season.