News story about Maroons signing Patterson

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

News story about Maroons signing Patterson

Post by flyers2011 »

Former London Knights goaltender Jake Patterson has signed with the GOJHL’s Chatham Maroons to close out the 2014-2015 season.

Jake Patterson played 71 games in the OHL between 2011 and 2014, including 39 last season.

The 20-year-old netminder is in his final season of Junior eligibility. Patterson finished the 2013-2014 season with a 22-9-3 record, 3.15 GAA and 0.897 save percentage.

The veteran goaltender, who hails from Sault Ste. Marie, will join Bo Bessette to form one of the most experienced goaltending tandems in the GOJHL. Bessette has 2 OHL games to his resume, and spent the last three seasons playing Junior A hockey in the OJHL.

Patterson, who has not played this season, left the London Knights this season prior to training camp after the team acquired goalie Michael Giugovaz from Belleville. Patterson has backed up star goalies Michael Houser and Anthony Stolarz in London the past two seasons, and was expected by many to be London’s starting goaltender this season.

Patterson was a part of London’s Memorial Cup teams, which made the annual Major Junior tournament three straight seasons.

Leaving the Chatham Maroons is Jacob Lucier, who has played in only 3 games this season with Chatham, collecting 1 win and a shootout loss.
End of a era in Leamington
Port hockey1

Re: News story about Maroons signing Patterson

Post by Port hockey1 »

Jake hasn't been the rock most thought he would be. Not bad for a kid that hasn't played all season, but I think more was expected. He's had games where he's been great...But a lot of adjusting seems to be still going on.

But it has certainly helped push Bo Bessette. He's played great down the stretch. Hopefully Patterson can get some playoff playing time & play the way he did for the Knights the last few years. I know he's giving it his all, not knocking him at all.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I actually agree Port, his problem is he has been inconsistent, the game he beat Leamington he was lights out, only gave up a goal, then theres nights where he gives up 7. But any goalie at this level that can happen to. Bo Bessette has been very strong though.
End of a era in Leamington
Dr. Pepper

Post by Dr. Pepper »

flyers2011 wrote:I actually agree Port,
You two need to get a room :lol:
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Dr. Pepper wrote:
flyers2011 wrote:I actually agree Port,
You two need to get a room :lol:
They are like a bad couple arnt they? One day they hate each other the next day they love eachother :wink:
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Too much hate on these forums. I'm done with it. Life's too short to be mad or care what others think of personal opinions. :smt073 :smt059
Last edited by Port hockey1 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102