Congrats Strathroy

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

shady

Congrats Strathroy

Post by shady »

Congrats Strathroy the new Dragon Slayers !
brad 36

Re: Congrats Strathroy

Post by brad 36 »

WOOOOHOOOO as big of a chatham person as i am congrats to the rockets on there big win tonight
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Super team Sarnia, defeated by the bottom-feeder Rockets. Didnt see them as the ones to defeat them but good job!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Good job strathroy, Sarnia will now have 2 very tough games coming up, with the Maroons and Flyers, hopefully there 13-3 after that.
End of a era in Leamington
Blades

Post by Blades »

Strathroy has been "the thorn in Sarnia's side" for a number of years. I kind of wondered if they would be the team to give Sarnia their first loss of the season. The Rockets always play hard at home and they make it very difficult for other teams to win there -- especially for Sarnia, or so it has seemed to me.

Kudos on the win, Rockets. I imagine RG was there and enjoyed the game immensely.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Blades wrote:Kudos on the win, Rockets. I imagine RG was there and enjoyed the game immensely.
Wouldnt be surprised if her cowbell was broken after that win 8)
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Recap and video available on the GOJHL Blog:

http://localsportsreport.com/gojhl/2014 ... y-rockets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It's a real cowbell, not 1 of those cheap ones with a paperclip. It's survived the last 7 years, and it survived last night.

It was 1 of the most intense games I've been to in a while, and it was a typical Strathroy Sarnia game. Our teams just eminate pure hatred towards each other. Best rivalry in the league.

With the way we've been playing lately, that was a different Rockets team last night. I'm hoping the boys have figured things out and have finally gelled together and are playing the way I know they can. I said weeks ago that we were at the bottom and the only place to go was up.

I wasn't sure going into that game that we would end the streak, but my boys proved me wrong. Just like we ended Chatham's last year.
:)
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
slap-shot

Post by slap-shot »

It is simple, the Rocket were ready to play hockey and Sarnia wasn't, the score should have been much more lopsided in favor of Strathroy, they out shot, out played, out hit Sarnia, the penalties were a little one sided but I'm not sure that there were not deserved by Sarnia
My big question is why did Rosie start his backup goalie in a "big" game like last night. I understand where the Rockets are in the standings but they ALWAYS play extra hard against Sarnia, they really do hate each other.
Drop the puck, the playoffs are here
Blades

Post by Blades »

My guess is Rosie used his "backup" because he was saving his #1 tender for Chatham tonight. As tough as it is to play in Strathroy, it is just as tough in Chatham - at least that has been my experience in both barns.

Sarnia had a 7-day layoff before they were scheduled for 4 games in 6 days beginning with that one in Strathroy last night. After tonight's game in Chatham they host the 2nd place Flyers on Tuesday and then the Stars visit the Brock Street Barn on Thursday. Seems like a feast/famine schedule for the Legionnaires in the last half of October.

Oh yeah, seems like Sarnia might be without the services of four of the boys -- 2 serving suspensions and 2 who are apparently injured according to this article http://www.sarniasports.com/News/2014/Oct/92.html
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:My guess is Rosie used his "backup" because he was saving his #1 tender for Chatham tonight. As tough as it is to play in Strathroy, it is just as tough in Chatham - at least that has been my experience in both barns.

Sarnia had a 7-day layoff before they were scheduled for 4 games in 6 days beginning with that one in Strathroy last night. After tonight's game in Chatham they host the 2nd place Flyers on Tuesday and then the Stars visit the Brock Street Barn on Thursday. Seems like a feast/famine schedule for the Legionnaires in the last half of October.

Oh yeah, seems like Sarnia might be without the services of four of the boys -- 2 serving suspensions and 2 who are apparently injured according to this article http://www.sarniasports.com/News/2014/Oct/92.html
Ouch for Sarnia, lucky for Chatham.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102