Bowen

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Bowen

Post by RocketGirl »

Unless it's an error, how is Bowen playing tonight?

On Fri, he received these penalties in the third period:

Chatham - John Bowen - (Head Contact) (CTH), 2 MIN, 12:25
Chatham - John Bowen - (Head Contact) (Misconduct) (M71), 10 MIN, 12:25
Chatham - John Bowen - (Abuse of Officials) (Misconduct) (M21), 10 MIN, 12:25
Chatham - John Bowen - (Second Misconduct) (Game Misconduct) (GM26), 0 MIN, 12:25

http://ohahockey.ca/files/uploaded_docu ... Poster.pdf

According to the suspension list, a GM26 in the last 10 min. is suspendable for the next game.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Re: Bowen

Post by Port hockey1 »

Can the team buy that game back? If not, I believe a Chatham win could be protested.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

I just noticed the time's off by just over an hour on this forum. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

some how rocket girl i knew you would be the one to raise a stink
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

No stink, just asking a simple question because the rule states that any player that receives a second misconduct in the last 10 min, is out for the next game. And seeing how he received a 2 + 10 for head check on Fri., and then complained about it and VanHeeswyk gave him a 2nd 10 with 7:35 left on the clock in the 3rd period, and you guys didn't play yesterday, I'm not sure how he played the game tonight.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
mrunsfan

Post by mrunsfan »

I think the answer may be in the fact that all penalties occurred at the same time. The rule book is as clear as mud as usual. There is mention that the penalties must be "cumulative" which I don't think is the case here. Bowen's game was over with the M71 and M21 which are both non-suspendable offenses. I could be wrong but that's my guess.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Simple answer, you try and tell Bowen he can't play. :p
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Lilomnivore wrote:Simple answer, you try and tell Bowen he can't play. :p
rotflmfao
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

good luck telling him that haha
End of a era in Leamington
slap-shot

Post by slap-shot »

Separately the M71 & M21 are not suspendable however "cumulative" they equal a GM26 ( in the 10 min of the game) and that is, even though they all happened at the same time it is still cumulative, but it's early in the season and these game really don't mean a lot in the grand scheme of the season so I'm sure nothing will come of it.
Drop the puck, the playoffs are here
Blades

Post by Blades »

slap-shot wrote:Separately the M71 & M21 are not suspendable however "cumulative" they equal a GM26 ( in the 10 min of the game) and that is, even though they all happened at the same time it is still cumulative, but it's early in the season and these game really don't mean a lot in the grand scheme of the season so I'm sure nothing will come of it.
You could be right in your thinking that this non-suspension doesn't mean anything in the long run, but given how things shook out at the end of last season (when Chatham used illegal players), two teams benefited from receiving two points they would otherwise not have had. As a result, one team made the playoffs because of those two points. Pretty sure that the team who didn't make the playoffs because of this ruling were ticked. It may seem like nothing now but it could come into play later in the season.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Blades wrote:
slap-shot wrote:Separately the M71 & M21 are not suspendable however "cumulative" they equal a GM26 ( in the 10 min of the game) and that is, even though they all happened at the same time it is still cumulative, but it's early in the season and these game really don't mean a lot in the grand scheme of the season so I'm sure nothing will come of it.
You could be right in your thinking that this non-suspension doesn't mean anything in the long run, but given how things shook out at the end of last season (when Chatham used illegal players), two teams benefited from receiving two points they would otherwise not have had. As a result, one team made the playoffs because of those two points. Pretty sure that the team who didn't make the playoffs because of this ruling were ticked. It may seem like nothing now but it could come into play later in the season.
Exactly, If Bowen wasn't supposed to play, he shouldn't have played. You'd think managment would learn from last seasons mistakes, mistakes that were very costly.

I'm not sure if he was allowed to play or not, my point is that the team needs to be on top of this stuff. We certainly don't need another sideshow.
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

Port hockey1 wrote:I just noticed the time's off by just over an hour on this forum. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it. :)
Server time is set correctly. Check your profile to make sure you've set the correct time zone. Also keep in mind it's still summer, so EDT still applies.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Administrator wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:I just noticed the time's off by just over an hour on this forum. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it. :)
Server time is set correctly. Check your profile to make sure you've set the correct time zone. Also keep in mind it's still summer, so EDT still applies.
Rocketgirl told me I have to set my time back from daylight savings time. Thanks for the reply. :)