It's a new season

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Port hockey1

It's a new season

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hello everyone, just writing to see how things are shaping up for next season. I'm hearing that Chatham could be a 3-5th place type of team this season. Some were expecting a big rebuilding year, but I'm hearing things will be a bit better than originally expected.

So, how's the rest of the division looking? :)

BTW: Rumors are going around that the Buffalo Blades are interested in moving to Port Colborne to replace the Pirates. The Pirates have moved to Pelham. I'd personally support the Blades, better ownership than the Pirates...Just thought I'd post this here. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Re: It's a new season

Post by brad 36 »

shaping up to be a good year down here in chatham had a good showing at camp and i expect chatham will turn some head through out the year
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Chatham had a good team at camp tonight. If they get the new additions they're going for, they will be a force to reckon with again this year.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

That's good to hear guys. :)
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

Chatham has a new goalie lined up. The timeline of when they can aquire him is the question. I hope sooner than the latter just for the pure fact of what it will stir up. :D
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

Sounds like the Rockets are going to get some bills paid.
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Lilomnivore wrote:Chatham has a new goalie lined up. The timeline of when they can aquire him is the question. I hope sooner than the latter just for the pure fact of what it will stir up. :D
I doubt it stirs anything up. Everyone knows what's going on.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

rhinomark50 wrote:
Lilomnivore wrote:Chatham has a new goalie lined up. The timeline of when they can aquire him is the question. I hope sooner than the latter just for the pure fact of what it will stir up. :D
I don't even know who it is. All I've been told is they're pretty sure they'll have a solid #1 soon...
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Port hockey1 wrote:
rhinomark50 wrote:
I don't even know who it is. All I've been told is they're pretty sure they'll have a solid #1 soon...
as long as the deals that a select few have heard about come thru Chatham will have a solid #1 the big factor is going to be timing on that deal that being said there are some other plans as well in the books and i expect you will see Chatham make a strong run again this year
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

The defending Western Conference Champion Leamington Flyers have lost quite a bit but have done a nice job of recuiting and filling in those holes, I think Leamington will once again be fighting for a top 3 spot. I can see the Maroons and Flyers battling it out again this year. both teams have lost a lot but both sound like they have filled the holes.
End of a era in Leamington
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

Looks like Chatham got their guy. According to Rocket Girl on Twitter Bo Bessette has signed with the team.

Watched him play a few times in the OJHL last season. He's good but I wouldn't be planning the victory parade just yet...
shady

Post by shady »

Nobody said anything about a victory parade ! All that was said was Chatham was looking like a solid team again and signing a good goalie was gonna help !
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

This isn't the move that's been stated is coming. Though it does fill the number one role until they are able to attain the goalies rights they are after. If it takes as long as it has too, look out around Christmas.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Lilomnivore wrote:This isn't the move that's been stated is coming. Though it does fill the number one role until they are able to attain the goalies rights they are after. If it takes as long as it has too, look out around Christmas.
I had a feeling they're after someone better. :)
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

:D
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

Along with my smile, I meant to say "prep the marching band". Trying to get to fancy with technology...
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

CollegeHockey411 wrote:Along with my smile, I meant to say "prep the marching band". Trying to get to fancy with technology...
Um, everyone wants the best for their team. Chatham is included. If acting immature makes you feel like a big boy, I feel sorry for you. Cheers.
GoWest

Post by GoWest »

Lighten up there Port, just trying to have some fun. Sorry if I'm not up to your standards. :(
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

So anybody have thoughts on LaSalle? Did they get a good group back this season? Will they be a top team again?

As of now, my feelings are Strathroy, Chatham & LaSalle will be top teams. Just my early thoughts. :)
rhinomark50

Post by rhinomark50 »

Port hockey1 wrote:So anybody have thoughts on LaSalle? Did they get a good group back this season? Will they be a top team again?

As of now, my feelings are Strathroy, Chatham & LaSalle will be top teams. Just my early thoughts. :)
Strathroy? Why would you feel that? I'm wondering if you meant Sarnia?
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

rhinomark50 wrote:
Port hockey1 wrote:So anybody have thoughts on LaSalle? Did they get a good group back this season? Will they be a top team again?

Strathroy? Why would you feel that? I'm wondering if you meant Sarnia?
I actually did(mean Sarnia), although the Rockets do look decent. I saw the Rockets were playing tonight, must've been on my mind when I posted. lol
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I think you're a closet Rockets fan Port. It's ok. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Bust out of that closet and wear the red white & blue with PRIDE!
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

RocketGirl wrote:I think you're a closet Rockets fan Port. It's ok. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Bust out of that closet and wear the red white & blue with PRIDE!
I do like the Rocket's, I like most of the Western teams. Great hockey, the Rockets also have a great history. It makes it easy to like them. :)

But I did mean Sarnia, I think Strathroy has a shot at 4th or 5th this season. But I know very little about them, just guessing based on where I see some of the other teams being at the end of the season.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Hopefully they're able to get him soon. Late game collapses are getting too familiar. :smt100
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

I think the goalie they got with Bo Bessette is who he meant not sure, Chatham needs to make a change, ive heard from a couple sources in the room that the players are not happy with Davis. With that much talent they should be winning more then they are.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

flyers2011 wrote:I think the goalie they got with Bo Bessette is who he meant not sure, Chatham needs to make a change, ive heard from a couple sources in the room that the players are not happy with Davis. With that much talent they should be winning more then they are.

Bessette is not the goalie they were trying to pick up, They have to wait until he is a free agent as the team who owns his rights wont release them to Chatham and for good reason.

Other than that Bessette did not play terrible tonight, Sure he let in a couple stinkers, but Chatham has a huge problem with their defense. They seem to play good, and as soon as they get more than a 1 goal lead they seem to sh** themselves on the ice and not be able to complete a pass or hold a puck in the zone. The way they run their powerplay is defiantly not helping the cause either i mean, 5 short handers against in last 4 games speaks a lot of words in itself but thats because they run 4 fwds and 1D, and as they get their shots in net the all condense down front and the opposing team grabs the puck and is off on an odd man rush, recently resulting in a goal, as was what decided the game in Chatham tonight.

And to the point if the players not liking Davis, It may be true, But if it was shouldn't have they played a great game without him at the latest practice and game tonight?

In summery, I think unless they figure some of these issues out , they wont be just looking for this goalie, My guess would be a top pair of Dmen as well.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Pretty sure the goalie chatham wants is Kuchmey but that could be difficult.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

flyers2011 wrote:Pretty sure the goalie chatham wants is Kuchmey but that could be difficult.
I've had a feeling about it being him for a while. For the record, it could be anyone, I'm not saying it's him.

If it is the goalie you mention it should be easy to sign him in December. If the Maroons have to wait for the nameless goalie, they have to wait. The post season is all that matters.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

According to my sources, the rumour around Chatham is that the Maroons have signed Jake Patterson, formerly of the London Knights.
Queen of the GOJHL