not about hockey at all

A discussion area for things not hockey related.

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

tinyman71

not about hockey at all

Post by tinyman71 »

Heres hoping young tori Stafford gets home safe
mrst

Re: not about hockey at all

Post by mrst »

Tinyman... I think this is one of the best posts I have read in a while.
Everyday, someone says "gee, small world huh" . Someone HAS to know something. Speak up and bring this little girl back to her family.
Gotta Love it when someone steals your tag. Some people just have no imagination of their own I guess
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Personally, there's something fishy going on with that situation. I can't quite place it, which it'll probably come together when she's found, but there's something not right with everything that's been put in the papers.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
sam

Post by sam »

The mother is just too cool ,Every woman I know if their eight year old daughter was missing they would be so up set ,they would never be able to go on TV with so much cool. She seems to know the girl is not hurt but how does she know ,She keeps denying that drugs are involved but if there is ,they are mean people .Another bit of dirt is her boyfreind is in court for posession of stolen property.,Sure hope the little girl is not suffering and returns real soon
sam
FiveHole

Post by FiveHole »

I agree with Sam and understood his post well doen Sam....... she is way too cool for the situation I have seen her on TV and only broke down once when she talked about her son missing her......but then I think why would she want the daughter taken when she has an older son? Is the older son not from the same father?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

My first thought was why wasn't the older brother, who's 10, walking home from school with her, or at least somewhere near her where he could see her. Know what I mean? I know that when I was growing up and my brother still went to the same school, which wasn't very long, he walked home with me or was somewhere close.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
THINK POSITIVE

Post by THINK POSITIVE »

When you live a "SKETCHY" lifestyle! A lifestyle where you take a lot of chances and often live on the edge! Eventually something BAD will happen! I hope the kid is found safely, it is not THEIR fault that they have to grow up in that environment!
Chemo

Post by Chemo »

THINK POSITIVE wrote:When you live a "SKETCHY" lifestyle! A lifestyle where you take a lot of chances and often live on the edge! Eventually something BAD will happen! I hope the kid is found safely, it is not THEIR fault that they have to grow up in that environment!

and what kinda lifestyle are you hinting at??

someone could be a bible thumper and something bad could still happen to them, dont assume that cuz someone lives a "sketchy" lifestyle something bad will always come from it.

you could be a dr,lawyer and still something bad could happen to you/your family
Junior Fan

Post by Junior Fan »

RocketGirl wrote:My first thought was why wasn't the older brother, who's 10, walking home from school with her, or at least somewhere near her where he could see her. Know what I mean? I know that when I was growing up and my brother still went to the same school, which wasn't very long, he walked home with me or was somewhere close.
Her brother was helping out another kid after school that day.

sam wrote:The mother is just too cool ,Every woman I know if their eight year old daughter was missing they would be so up set ,they would never be able to go on TV with so much cool. She seems to know the girl is not hurt but how does she know ,She keeps denying that drugs are involved but if there is ,they are mean people .Another bit of dirt is her boyfreind is in court for posession of stolen property.,Sure hope the little girl is not suffering and returns real soon
sam
I do agree that the story does seem a little sketchy, but there is no textbook on how to act when someone is missing. Again, I do agree she is acting a little strange.
sam

Post by sam »

I do beleive now that the mother is starting to realize her daughter is in extreme danger,it is finnaly sinking in that she may well be gone and never found ,she is still trying to put on a good front for the cameras ,but some strange things are still going on ,the new donner from Toronto,seems to be on the up and up . .
digger
sam

Post by sam »

They have arrested a couple from Guelph and charged them with murder ,this is sure a let down ,makes one wonder what kind of police action would have resulted if the Stafford kid and her parrents were from the upper side of the tracks .
The Amber alert should have been out with in an hour ,all highways with check points ,but it is too late now ,I hope one old police cheif is taken down by this .
d
sam
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

sam wrote:They have arrested a couple from Guelph....
sam
Again sam, you are wrong. You really should read the paper more closely. They were both from Woodstock. Actually lived a matter of blocks away from Tara McDonald. The guy briefly lived in Guelph, but moved back to Woodstock just over a year ago.
Queen of the GOJHL

sam

Post by sam »

yes you are so smart ,we have all read the news papers since ,and it is old news.
I would like to compare the reaction in London Sun night with helicopters and every police officer available joining in the search with in an hour and half.of a little boy who wandered off.Poor Tori was abducted at 3.30 ,by the time her mother got home and checked with freinds and family ,it was 6 oclock by the time she reported the little girl missing ,that is two and one half hours ,there could still have been time to rescue her from the brutality she must have encountered ,and how long it went on ,untill they killed her,but there was nothing done by the old police cheif untill morning ,he says 6 oclock ,more likely after he had a sufficient breakfast at T.H. and a few doughnuts. When something really crucial comes up our police are not there.This old Cheif should be highly reprimanded and fired without compansation.
digger
Dan Murrell

Post by Dan Murrell »

Hello,

I am an occassional reader of this forum for a time now, and have never really felt like posting until now.

This topic of Victoria Stafford hits very close to home for me. My wife was the classroom teacher of Victoria, and she has been going through a tough time since this occurred. She was the last known friendly adult to talk to her. I also have a couple of close friends who work for the Oxford Community Police, and they are not doing too well either.

I just wanted to have a comment for sam. I just want to say that please get your facts straight before posting ridiculous comments. To say that the police chief did nothing until the morning is so far from the truth. My phone rang at home from the police before seven o'clock the evening Victoria disappeared asking questions. The disappearance did not get reported until 6 o'clock, so the police would have had no idea that she was missing. To say an Amber Alert should have been sent out, what would it have said? That an eight year old girl was missing. She has blond hair. Amber Alerts have protocol for a reason, and if they deviate from those, Amber Alerts would be commonplace, and people would just start ignoring them if they heard too many.

The police should be commended for the job they have done. Many of the officers have put their personal lives on hold to ensure that they are helping out with this case. Please do not question the police. There are reasons why they are doing things the way they are. Yes, many people will second guess them, but hindsight is 20/20. Do you not think that the police would have been right there on Fyfe Ave if they knew that she would have been abducted? Do you not think that my wife would have not let Victoria leave the school that day if she knew what was going to happen? That is what she is dealing with. I cannot even imagine how Victoria's family is dealing with this.

For you to come on here and say if she was from the other side of the tracks, the police reaction would have been different, that is a load of crap. Whatever way this whole story does play out, the police have given everything they have. And to compare it with the missing child from a few nights ago is a crock. I wont even comment on it.

From reading some of your previous posts about hockey, I have come to the conclusion that you reside in St. Marys. I also am from there. I invite you to give me a call sometime and we can talk further if you want. My number is in the phone book.

The greatest tragedy here is that an eight year old is gone. I just hope that everyone responsible is brought to justice.

Dan Murrell
Blades

Post by Blades »

Dan Murrell wrote:Hello,

I am an occassional reader of this forum for a time now, and have never really felt like posting until now.

This topic of Victoria Stafford hits very close to home for me. My wife was the classroom teacher of Victoria, and she has been going through a tough time since this occurred. She was the last known friendly adult to talk to her. I also have a couple of close friends who work for the Oxford Community Police, and they are not doing too well either.

I just wanted to have a comment for sam. I just want to say that please get your facts straight before posting ridiculous comments. To say that the police chief did nothing until the morning is so far from the truth. My phone rang at home from the police before seven o'clock the evening Victoria disappeared asking questions. The disappearance did not get reported until 6 o'clock, so the police would have had no idea that she was missing. To say an Amber Alert should have been sent out, what would it have said? That an eight year old girl was missing. She has blond hair. Amber Alerts have protocol for a reason, and if they deviate from those, Amber Alerts would be commonplace, and people would just start ignoring them if they heard too many.

The police should be commended for the job they have done. Many of the officers have put their personal lives on hold to ensure that they are helping out with this case. Please do not question the police. There are reasons why they are doing things the way they are. Yes, many people will second guess them, but hindsight is 20/20. Do you not think that the police would have been right there on Fyfe Ave if they knew that she would have been abducted? Do you not think that my wife would have not let Victoria leave the school that day if she knew what was going to happen? That is what she is dealing with. I cannot even imagine how Victoria's family is dealing with this.

For you to come on here and say if she was from the other side of the tracks, the police reaction would have been different, that is a load of crap. Whatever way this whole story does play out, the police have given everything they have. And to compare it with the missing child from a few nights ago is a crock. I wont even comment on it.

From reading some of your previous posts about hockey, I have come to the conclusion that you reside in St. Marys. I also am from there. I invite you to give me a call sometime and we can talk further if you want. My number is in the phone book.

The greatest tragedy here is that an eight year old is gone. I just hope that everyone responsible is brought to justice.

Dan Murrell
Dan,
Thanks so much for such a thoughtful posting. I cannot even fathom what many of these people are feeling and the grief they must now deal with, including your wife. Most of us only know what comes out in the media, and even that can be slanted as well as interpreted in many ways. The only thing I can think of in times and cases like this is "I grieve for thee".

As for sam ... well most of the time we take what he says with a very large grain of salt.
Volunteers built Noah's Ark, professionals built the Titanic
sam

Post by sam »

Mr Murel
The information we get from the bits of news released is the police did nothing untill the next morning.The missing child in London was not even an Amber alert ,yet there was helicopters in the air and everyone was out looking with in a short time .Why can we not compare .with a missing little girl .
I apoligize for talking out about something that we are not much informed about .You seem to be far better informed than we are .
sam
sam

Post by sam »

Dan
Not that it would have made a difference or saved the little girl ,but there was nothing on the news that night ,and in the morning when I picked up the news paper ,all the base ball scores and hockey scores were in it but nothing about a missing girl .I ask you ,had that been the chiefs Grand daughter, or close freind would the blank on news have been the same .
sam