The Round Robin

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BeenThereDoneThat

The Round Robin

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Listowel and St.Mary's game tonight, "WOW" I watched it on Flo, what a game.
Two great teams battle right down to the final buzzer.
Absolutely the best game I've seen this year.

Three real good teams battling for the finals, too bad only two will make it.
RocketGirl

Re: The Round Robin

Post by RocketGirl »

Since I know you're in the Shoe, were you at the game in Fort Erie Sat. night? Just wondered your thoughts on the refs and if it was 'the worst officiated game'. Big debate about that on the Facebook forum.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
zantimisfit

Post by zantimisfit »

I don't think it was terrible. I thought Walls and Donaldson did a pretty good job of "letting them play hockey", not that the players were getting away with anything. Fort Erie fans obviously weren't happy with a disallowed goal in the second period for the net being off before the puck went in. I personally (neutral fan here) thought it was a good goal. St. Marys fans probably weren't happy with the tripping call in overtime that led to the winning goal but I thought it was a deserved call because it possibly could have been a scoring play. Trust me it was nowhere near "the worst officiated game". I've seen lots of those in my day.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Oh I heard the complaints from Fort Erie fans after the 2nd period, and then read all about how a select few from St. Marys felt the refs were terrible and that they missed so many calls, including icings and off-sides, and 'it was the worse officiating they had ever seen'. I still don't get how you can call a game with 4 penalties the worst reffing you've seen, but I digress.

I agree that they did a good job, let them play, called what they had to.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

RocketGirl, no, I was not able to make that game or even see it on Flo.