London Nationals Fire Coach

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

ontariohockey

London Nationals Fire Coach

Post by ontariohockey »

The owners kid isn't on the team so that wasn't the problem...what could it be now?

https://lfpress.com/sports/local-sports ... r-b-season
RocketGirl

Re: London Nationals Fire Coach

Post by RocketGirl »

That sucks for Mike since he just got named to the St Andrews team and the Prospects team.

He shoulda stayed with St Thomas.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

RocketGirl wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:00 am That sucks for Mike since he just got named to the St Andrews team and the Prospects team.

He shoulda stayed with St Thomas.
I didn't know Mike McIlveen was with St Thomas.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Well, back in the summer, St. Thomas announced their coaches for this season and Mike was listed as an assistant coach. A few weeks later, London announced him as head coach, and I went back because I thought he was with St. Thomas, and they had updated their post to remove him from the announcement. Yes you can question it, there's no proof to back it up because they edited the post, but I saw it.

I heard a month ago talking to someone that London was in talks this summer with a former National about being head coach, he told them he just needed a few days to sort out his new job and before he got back to them, they hired Mike.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Would be a fun exercise to see how many coaches that have been through there since bounty boy took over. Has to be a good dozen. the ambulance chaser is suspended but you know he’s still pulling on tony the hair dressers strings
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

RocketGirl wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:08 pm Well, back in the summer, St. Thomas announced their coaches for this season and Mike was listed as an assistant coach. A few weeks later, London announced him as head coach, and I went back because I thought he was with St. Thomas, and they had updated their post to remove him from the announcement. Yes you can question it, there's no proof to back it up because they edited the post, but I saw it.

I heard a month ago talking to someone that London was in talks this summer with a former National about being head coach, he told them he just needed a few days to sort out his new job and before he got back to them, they hired Mike.
I believe you, I didn’t know that.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

SugarKing wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:16 pm Would be a fun exercise to see how many coaches that have been through there since bounty boy took over. Has to be a good dozen. the ambulance chaser is suspended but you know he’s still pulling on tony the hair dressers strings
Pat Powers, Jeff Bradley, Adam McKee, Colin Martin, David Matsos, Dennis Maruk, Ruman Ndur, Andrew Power, Bill Dark, Mike McIlveen…plus the current 3 gives the total to 13.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

ontariohockey wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:16 pm
SugarKing wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:16 pm Would be a fun exercise to see how many coaches that have been through there since bounty boy took over. Has to be a good dozen. the ambulance chaser is suspended but you know he’s still pulling on tony the hair dressers strings
Pat Powers, Jeff Bradley, Adam McKee, Colin Martin, David Matsos, Dennis Maruk, Ruman Ndur, Andrew Power, Bill Dark, Mike McIlveen…plus the current 3 gives the total to 13.
Thanks for that! 3 of them are actual head coaches right now and a gm. Were they not good enough to coach there?