Leamington Flyers

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

ontariohockey

Leamington Flyers

Post by ontariohockey »

They are 7-4-2, middle of the pack in the OJHL, their attendance is higher than any GOJHL team...looks like the move is showing positive results early into the season.
FrozenPonds

Re: Leamington Flyers

Post by FrozenPonds »

Attendance was never going to be the issue especially when you consider my son's Atom AAA team averages more fans per game than all OJHL teams.....and its better hockey!!

The issue is going to be the budget and financials. The travel budget is going to be lofty and the players consistently making 3 hour plus trips will wear them down until players just don't see the merit. Then again, the GOJHL is a league fraught with dummy decision-makers who seem to want to do Marty Savoy's favor!

What are those 12-16 teams thinking? Get out...explore opportunities and protect your turf!! Either by standing up to the OJHL and the OHA or telling them to go F*CK themselves. Or...you can continue to do what you have done for the past 7 years and get walked all over, get spanked with PDFs, and continue to get raided by the OJHL teams with regards to player poaching!

Get out and stand on your own two feet...or skates!!
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

FrozenPonds wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:00 pm Attendance was never going to be the issue especially when you consider my son's Atom AAA team averages more fans per game than all OJHL teams.....and its better hockey!!

The issue is going to be the budget and financials. The travel budget is going to be lofty and the players consistently making 3 hour plus trips will wear them down until players just don't see the merit. Then again, the GOJHL is a league fraught with dummy decision-makers who seem to want to do Marty Savoy's favor!

What are those 12-16 teams thinking? Get out...explore opportunities and protect your turf!! Either by standing up to the OJHL and the OHA or telling them to go F*CK themselves. Or...you can continue to do what you have done for the past 7 years and get walked all over, get spanked with PDFs, and continue to get raided by the OJHL teams with regards to player poaching!

Get out and stand on your own two feet...or skates!!
When Leamington factored in the travel budget and decided to change leagues anyway it showed what they thought of the GOJHL.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

I agree 100%!

They have continuously made bad choices in their leadership decisions.

Like I said..get out of the GOJHL AND the OHA. There is life outside of Hockey Canada and the BCHL has proven that!! Nothing would be more glorious than standing up at the OHG AGM and saying a good 'ole F**k You to the OHA and the OJHL!! I mean, you just couldn't put a price on that!!
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Leamington is 3rd in the division playing at a .660 clip, I guess the top GOJHL teams could compete in the OJHL...I'm sure they realize that too.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

No surprise there..

What is that Bob Dylan song? Oh ya...the "Times they are a changin"