Cat is out of the bag...

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

FrozenPonds

Cat is out of the bag...

Post by FrozenPonds »

Well the worst kept secret out there is now..out there!!! Leamington is joining the OJHL!

So next question GOJHL...what are you going to do about it?? I said this was going to happen 3 years ago when the idiotic, dumbfounded, lack of any thought capabilities presented itself when you allowed Brantford to relocate in your footprint!

This league has done absolutely nothing over the course of the last 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or so years. So what is the price tag for the OJHL? Newsflash...Leamington's closest game is Brantford..a mere 3 hours away. What do you think the next move is going to be? Unless you really put the thinking caps on...the OJHL is coming into your footprint with or without you and with or without your blessing. So what are you going to do?

I hear that there are "two" groups of teams who want different things. That is an easy fix. Forget the June AGM and forget waiting until that time. You need to make decisions now. Well, actually, they should have been made a few years ago but again..idiotic, dumbfounded and lack of any thought capacity. What are you going to do??

The time for tough talk is over. The time for action is upon you! For once, look at being PROACTIVE rather than REACTIVE!!

So...what are you going to do??
phillipdh

Re: Cat is out of the bag...

Post by phillipdh »

Sir, please go outside and touch grass
I make hockey teams look good
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

How do you know I am a sir?? So much for inclusivity!!!
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

I’m surprised they actually did it…long road trips, building new rivalries, but I’m sure the Leamington management thought of all that and made the move anyway.

Doesn’t look good on the GOJHL, your league champions leave for another league.

GOJHL needs to re-tool…first move would be too get rid of Tim Simmons, he’s not a league commissioner guy, he’s the guy that brings the tImbits to the meetings…
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

ontariohockey wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:24 pm I’m surprised they actually did it…long road trips, building new rivalries, but I’m sure the Leamington management thought of all that and made the move anyway.

Doesn’t look good on the GOJHL, your league champions leave for another league.

GOJHL needs to re-tool…first move would be too get rid of Tim Simmons, he’s not a league commissioner guy, he’s the guy that brings the tImbits to the meetings…
Rumors are more GOJHL teams could be leaving and joining the OJHL as well. I guess time will tell
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Not likely and if so...L'il Bettman will want his 800k per team. Though I wouldnt be surprised in Leamington got a bit of a break to try and bring others in.

GOJHL doesn't need a re-tool....They need a complete overhaul! There are some things in the works...but I can't say anything right now...want to keep that cat in the bag!
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

I was told from a very solid source, Lasalle has made application to move to A