Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BeenThereDoneThat

Brent Resigns (again)

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

And the turmoil continues.
ontariohockey

Re: Brent Resigns (again)

Post by ontariohockey »

They need a guy with real experience in hockey who will do it for the money they pay, which I don't think is a lot...

Just hope Tim Simmons isn't in line for the job, he doesn't have the experience or qualifications to run the league although he would probably do it for the money they pay.
BeenThereDoneThat

The replacement would need a 75% in favour from owners. This would
eliminate Simmons. There's not a lot of owners that think he knows what
hes doing in his current role let alone let him become the commissioner
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Based on the email I got, Simmons is the Interim Commissioner effective March 20. Brent is staying to May 31 on a part-time basis to finish some projects that are on the go.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:37 pm The replacement would need a 75% in favour from owners. This would
eliminate Simmons. There's not a lot of owners that think he knows what
hes doing in his current role let alone let him become the commissioner
The owners don't like the job he's doing? He goes to the games wearing a wardrobe from the 80s that probably would cost $100 today handing out $50 Collins gift certificates...what more do they want?
Goaltender

Post by Goaltender »

Hmmm….. Anything to do with rumour that Leamington is leaving GOJHL ?
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Goaltender wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:12 pm Hmmm….. Anything to do with rumour that Leamington is leaving GOJHL ?
You're the one bringing it up. What reliable source did you hear that from?
Goaltender

Post by Goaltender »

Not sure if it’s reliable at all . Been a long time since I’ve posted here but figured this would be the site to see if anyone else has heard anything
Resignation timing is weird with SC about to start!!
BeenThereDoneThat

Leamington will begin play in the OJHL beginning September, 2023.
Want a reliable source, ask any of the owners or GM's that attended
the last 2 GOJHL meetings.( not sure if its being appealed)
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Has anyone heard the rumour about Brantford leaving as well? I heard it a few weeks ago. That would take the league down to 24 teams, they could do the much talked about realignment of 2 Conferences with 12 teams each, and 2 divisions with 6 teams each.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

I will believe Leamington going to the OJHL when I see it.

I don't know if its a good move...not just all the longer trips to play games, but all the rivalries they have established with LaSalle, Chatham, London etc are gone...
Goaltender

Post by Goaltender »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:20 pm Leamington will begin play in the OJHL beginning September, 2023.
Want a reliable source, ask any of the owners or GM's that attended
the last 2 GOJHL meetings.( not sure if its being appealed)
So if Leamington does in fact move to the OJHL beginning in September 2023 that would mean there is no “ defending “ Western Conference Champion.
Does that mean, that the Chatham Maroons who won the WOC Championship in 2021-2022 would be designate as the defending Champs?
What about the Sutherland Cup Championship if L’ton no longer a member of the GOJHL ?

If you’re not there to defend then what happens? Again , I ask the question does this move by Leamington have something to do with Brent’s resignation?

Almost seems like it’s time for an amalgamation of the GOJHL and the OJHL.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Amalgamation? You do realize that the OJHL put notices of tender to participate in the OJHL right? The asking price then was a mere $800k. Now I hear it is over a million! So you think the OJHL will just amalgamate? What do you think is going to happen when current teams cannot afford that amount? Do you think there is a chance a handpicked owner could be placed in the desired locations? Don't laugh, we have seen the sort of tactics the OJHL has used in the past. They will claim they cannot have inclusivity or equality with organizations who cannot afford the asking price. Player fees are anywhere from $k to $10k a year for players. Do you think the OJHL will open up with the arms out to take in the GOJHL? Not a chance. The OJHL would be as courteous to the GOJHL that they are to the players paying their lofty fees!! This is all about control. This is about money!! Ohhhh GOJHL, you had your own footprint. You neglected to protect it and you have opened up the floodgates to OJHL Carp!

Ohhhh but there is a way out..........