2022/23 season schedule

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Flyers1

2022/23 season schedule

Post by Flyers1 »

Does anyone have any idea as to when the 2022/23 season schedule will be released?
RocketGirl

Re: 2022/23 season schedule

Post by RocketGirl »

https://www.gojhl.ca/stats/schedule/all ... 7?league=1

Full schedule was released on July 25.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

2022-2023 season is upon us. Lets get the discussion going. Any predictions? It's been a few years since I've done a prediction, but I'll go first.

These are in no particular order

Leamington
London

They're always at the top.

Middle
St. Marys
LaSalle
Komoka

These 3 have consistently been in the middle.

Bottom
St. Thomas
Chatham
Sarnia

Normally I would have Chatham higher, but I've heard they're in a rebuild year, and their Head Coach/GM just fully resigned from the team, so I think they're going to plummet.

9. Strathroy

I am putting Strathroy in 9th because I'm hoping it lights a fire under their ass and they prove me wrong.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

RocketGirl wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:39 pm 2022-2023 season is upon us. Lets get the discussion going. Any predictions? It's been a few years since I've done a prediction, but I'll go first.

These are in no particular order

Leamington
London

They're always at the top.

Middle
St. Marys
LaSalle
Komoka

These 3 have consistently been in the middle.

Bottom
St. Thomas
Chatham
Sarnia

Normally I would have Chatham higher, but I've heard they're in a rebuild year, and their Head Coach/GM just fully resigned from the team, so I think they're going to plummet.

9. Strathroy

I am putting Strathroy in 9th because I'm hoping it lights a fire under their ass and they prove me wrong.
Hearing Leamington has some big things in store and some big moves made for this season. I guess will find out what those moves are very soon.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

I think St. Marys may turn a few heads, some BIG additions so far, and from what I hear, there’s more coming shortly
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

FormerTrainer wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:48 pm I think St. Marys may turn a few heads, some BIG additions so far, and from what I hear, there’s more coming shortly
Yeah definitely can see St.Marys turning heads. Just picked up Chantler from Leamington which Leamington had acquired his rights from London and St.John's. Think Leamington made a mistake but hopefully I'm wrong.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

I've heard that the Flyers owed the Lincs a player for the Walcarius deal. Chantler was the player that the Lincs wanted. Possibly the Nats wouldn't release him to St. Marys.
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

Marcie wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:05 pm I've heard that the Flyers owed the Lincs a player for the Walcarius deal. Chantler was the player that the Lincs wanted. Possibly the Nats wouldn't release him to St. Marys.
Yeah that could very well be. Hearing Leamington and St.Mary's could be the teams to beat this season. Guess will see what happens.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Flyers1 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:28 pm
Marcie wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:05 pm I've heard that the Flyers owed the Lincs a player for the Walcarius deal. Chantler was the player that the Lincs wanted. Possibly the Nats wouldn't release him to St. Marys.
Yeah that could very well be. Hearing Leamington and St.Mary's could be the teams to beat this season. Guess will see what happens.
St Marys adds another well experienced dman…GM Smale is building a pretty strong team…looks like St. Marys may just be the team to beat
Flyers1

Post by Flyers1 »

FormerTrainer wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:52 pm
Flyers1 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:28 pm
St Marys adds another well experienced dman…GM Smale is building a pretty strong team…looks like St. Marys may just be the team to beat
Yeah that very well could be. But apparently Leamington has some big names that they haven't released yet. Guess we just have to wait until the season starts and the rosters are set for each team. But should be a very exciting season for sure
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Just looking at the schedule so far and I am seeing that the Strathroy Rockets will not be playing on Saturday evenings as their home game?
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Unhappy fan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:38 am Just looking at the schedule so far and I am seeing that the Strathroy Rockets will not be playing on Saturday evenings as their home game?
Almost all of Strathroy's home games are on Saturday evenings.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Just looked once again Saturday games commencing inOctober
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

As usual, West Middlesex will not be ready until the end of this month. Rather than booking games at the POS Gemini, Rockets are starting on the road.
Queen of the GOJHL

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

We are in the push for playoffs! Things are looking tight in the West, how will it all shake out over the next 4 weeks?
Attachments
Standings.PNG
Standings.PNG (60.94 KiB) Viewed 11484 times
Queen of the GOJHL

ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Good for St. Mary's to be in contention...I'm disappointed in Komoka, I thought they'd be better.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Sarnia loses tonight 10-3 and Thursday 12-2…are they just packing it in?
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

The kids packed it in at Christmas. Sarnia needs a new direction.
Coach was to be let go in January until the board said no ( (which is why I don’t understand why he just didn’t step down) Recruiting is terrible, Sting will not help this team with players. Politics between Mooretown Jr C and Petrolia Jr C. Do not want to deal with Sarnia. Fans have stopped coming to games and yet their board doesn’t think there’s a problem….
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Leamington
London

Middle
St. Marys
LaSalle
Komoka

Bottom
St. Thomas
Chatham
Sarnia
Strathroy
These were my standings predictions in September and I wasn't that far off, except for Komoka, Chatham and Strathroy. I'm actually quite happy that I was so wrong on the Rockets. They appear to have righted the ship and I'm happy for them.
Queen of the GOJHL

ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

One day before the playoffs to start and the GOJHL still don't have the schedule up on the website.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Queen of the GOJHL