London @ Chatham - Jan. 22

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

London @ Chatham - Jan. 22

Post by RocketGirl »

Was quite the 3rd period in Chatham last night. Some suspensions have been handed down this morning.

https://www.gojhl.ca/stats/game-center/12648

https://www.gojhl.ca/discipline-summary

If you haven't found the Fans Facebook page, go check it out. It's a private group, so you have to join it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/252565001936008

Quite the discussion happening last night about what happened and I must say, all is right in the world when Chatham and London's fans are arguing about who is worse.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Re: London @ Chatham - Jan. 22

Post by brad 36 »

rockets fans are worse!! haha jk rocket girl!
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The funniest thing about RG's post is that I didn't realize that London had fans - well passionate fans anyways - followers, but not fans. Watching a game at the Western Fair is like watching a game in church. Everyone is a quiet as church mice. Chatham has phenomenal fans. No contest there. They would crush London's fans.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

brad 36 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:27 pm rockets fans are worse!! haha jk rocket girl!
I meant which team is worse. We all know that Chatham fans are quite passionate about their team.

I see the discussion about Ranger's roughing penalty. Clearly these people weren't around or have forgotten about Beauch vs. Ostro. Five years ago, Ranger wouldn't have received a penalty for that hit, but the game has changed. You can't do sh** like that anymore.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Kurtis Heggle got a 7 game suspension...I didn't hear or see what he did but it must have been serious.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

One man fight. 1 game for fight in the last 10 minutes, 2 games for Aggressor and Instigator was 4 games. To keep Heggie company, Lucas Chard got a kicking match penalty last night in Leamington for 4 games and Nolan Connolly is out for 2 games after receiving unsportsmanlike GM20.
Queen of the GOJHL

ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Thanks for the info^^^...I guess Heggle didn't realize the Chatham player wasn't fighting back and kept pounding on him, pretty stupid.

Lucas Chard getting a match for kicking is a 4 game suspension well deserved...and I don't know what Connolly did, 2 games for being an idiot I guess.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Chatham is in London tonight. Any more suspensions on the horizons for either/both teams?
Queen of the GOJHL

ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

RocketGirl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:41 pm Chatham is in London tonight. Any more suspensions on the horizons for either/both teams?
Doesn't look like anything too stupid happened...although Chatham did score 3 power play goals...London needs to play a smarter game.