OHA Board

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

FrozenPonds

OHA Board

Post by FrozenPonds »

Quick question..or two..

1.) How is it that the Nats owner is STILL on the BofD with this "bounty" thing going on. At the very least, he should step down until this issue concludes.

2.) Is it coincidence that the last two hires in the GOJHL are both ex-London guys??

Time to get your hands dirty Phil!!
phillipdh

Re: OHA Board

Post by phillipdh »

FrozenPonds wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:27 am
My hands are quite clean, I use Purell
I make hockey teams look good
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

FrozenPonds wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:27 am Quick question..or two..

1.) How is it that the Nats owner is STILL on the BofD with this "bounty" thing going on. At the very least, he should step down until this issue concludes.

2.) Is it coincidence that the last two hires in the GOJHL are both ex-London guys??

Here’s another question…what is taking so long to make a decision on the bounty issue, didn’t it happen in November?
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

phillipdh wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:02 pm
FrozenPonds wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:27 am
My hands are quite clean, I use Purell
Hahahaha...i got myself in trouble the other day calling out Jesus H Christ...an low and behold!!
Onetimer

Post by Onetimer »

My FIRST post. Interesting that the GOJHL has swept (completely dropped) the actions of the London National's owner under the rug. This 'bounty' issue occurred MONTHS ago. Interesting that the GOJHL has posted (in early April) 4 team's of 2021-2022 'Future Stars' and "Top Prospects' rosters of players, coaches, athletic trainers and equipment managers on the GOJHL website.

Most interesting is that the London National's owner's son is one of the 'Future Stars'. He had a total of 4 points (assists) and made this roster. Many other 16 year olds playing with much more impact are NOT on this list.

Also interesting is that the Western Division had the London National's equipment manager AWARDED to 1 of these 4 GOJHL teams.

Also interesting is that the Western division had 2 of the London National's athletic trainers (one is an assistant) AWARDED to these 4 GPJHL teams.

My question to the commissioner would be, "Who votes for the players, coaches and staff 'AWARDED' to these 4 teams?

Seems to me that the London Nationals have tremendous influence in this league. Especially in their conference.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

It gets worse....last two league hires.....tadaaaa...from....London Nats!!

I cannot believe the kid made the Future Stars list. If that is indicative of the talent in this league, then my support for the calibre of play has taken a hit!!

As for the bounty....what else would you expect when the Board is comprised of...tadaaa London Nats owner!

Well, I really hope that this league figures it out sooner but I am still of the belief that things were better off when each conference was responsible for themselves! Too many teams equals an inability to get ANYTHING done!! This league proves that every, single time!
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

Hahaha…sure it’s a London Nationals conspiracy!

-16 years old and playing in the league, were there any 16 year olds who weren’t APs that weren’t selected?
-are the equipment manager and trainer not deserving of being named? Was there anybody else that deserved to be named?
-was the website admin guy a bad choice? Does it pay anything? Did anybody want to do it?

I guess when you win four conferences in a row there is a thought that the organization might have some good people involved…we’ll see what it’s like moving forward.

Maybe the bounty issue was investigated and was found to be nothing…
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Yes, they were a great organization with a winning formula , thats before the present ownership took over. That's when the circus came to town. Tell me again, how many coaching changes happened this year. How did this happen with all of the great people you believe are part of this group ?

As I have stated in the past, the current owner should be forced to sell and take his puppet GM with him. This type of ownership is whats making the GOJHL look like an inferior, misguided league without any planned direction (eg Failure to properly plan for Jr.A status as one example )

Lets drop conversation on the Nationals and concentrate on the 6 great team battling for the Sutherland Cup.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

So he should be forced to sell because he is making the GOJHL look like an inferior league?

So what should be done about the year after year dismal teams... Strathroy, are they making the league awesome? How about St Thomas, is their leadership group 100% outstanding with no faults? Check out some of the other conferences...you can almost predict who's going to finish where, year after year.

There are bigger problem teams in league than the London Nationals...

Now some people are being critical that the equipment manager and trainer got named to a team that won't happen...seriously.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

We are not talking about year-after-year abysmal performances. We are talking about a bounty placed on a player! You are a member in good standing with HC, its branches and member partners until you bring the game into ill-repute! Having crappy season after crappy season is not ill-repute! May be a question for the league in general regarding competitiveness but a bounty is a totally different scenario. So the answer to the question is...yes, he should be forced to sell. But first things first...he should vacate his board position without a shadow of a doubt
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

FrozenPonds wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:20 pm We are not talking about year-after-year abysmal performances. We are talking about a bounty placed on a player! You are a member in good standing with HC, its branches and member partners until you bring the game into ill-repute! Having crappy season after crappy season is not ill-repute! May be a question for the league in general regarding competitiveness but a bounty is a totally different scenario. So the answer to the question is...yes, he should be forced to sell. But first things first...he should vacate his board position without a shadow of a doubt
Did I miss some sort of decision? Was it determined there was a bounty?

Sell the team to who? You think there is a lot of people lined up to buy a Junior B team…the team is not cheap.

But, I don’t know how he got on the board…you got me on that one…
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Well boys, your discussion here has ruffled a few feathers.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

That is good news!! This group needs more than a few ruffled feathers! The players and the fans deserve so much more than what this crew provides.

But first things first...to restore an ounce of credibility...PD should remove himself from the BofD for the OHA immediately. For optics if for nothing more!

As for if there was a bounty or not...check your local newspaper or just google it! Its right there.
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

RocketGirl wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:35 pm Well boys, your discussion here has ruffled a few feathers.
Who's feathers did they actually ruffle??

Post by 1212 »

folks the ignorance is nauseating. The bounty owned the Nats in 2019! Fact. Had not been for Covid Bounty would have won 1st, 2nd and had 18 stuck around I believe 3 yrs in a row but them the breaks. Vipers were the best team after the pause but suffered major injuries. So don’t keyboard on here like you guys know anything but HATE especially who the Female Elton John is that promotes this HATE! As a Legal Professional it’s nauseating but like Bounty I’m sure justice will prevail. Lastly for you trashy trailer park keyboard warriors what about Chatham fans spitting on the king and Nats players? The Gojhl did nothing about? I’m sure that’s acceptable you all. LMAO!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Well being compared to Elton John is definitely a step up from a North Korean dictator.

I'd like to point out that I haven't said anything about Carter. I could care less if he's in the league or not. He is not a concern of mine.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
hockeyismyheartbeat

Post by hockeyismyheartbeat »

1212 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:46 am folks the ignorance is nauseating. The bounty owned the Nats in 2019! Fact. Had not been for Covid Bounty would have won 1st, 2nd and had 18 stuck around I believe 3 yrs in a row but them the breaks. Vipers were the best team after the pause but suffered major injuries. So don’t keyboard on here like you guys know anything but HATE especially who the Female Elton John is that promotes this HATE! As a Legal Professional it’s nauseating but like Bounty I’m sure justice will prevail. Lastly for you trashy trailer park keyboard warriors what about Chatham fans spitting on the king and Nats players? The Gojhl did nothing about? I’m sure that’s acceptable you all. LMAO!
Pretty hypocritical calling out "trashy trailer park keyboard warriors" while calling other people names like "Female Elton John" with your keyboard! hahaha seems to me that you're the one on here that likes to stir the pot. Not a good look for a legal professional (allegedly), in my opinion.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

hockeyismyheartbeat wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:51 am
1212 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:46 am folks the ignorance is nauseating. The bounty owned the Nats in 2019! Fact. Had not been for Covid Bounty would have won 1st, 2nd and had 18 stuck around I believe 3 yrs in a row but them the breaks. Vipers were the best team after the pause but suffered major injuries. So don’t keyboard on here like you guys know anything but HATE especially who the Female Elton John is that promotes this HATE! As a Legal Professional it’s nauseating but like Bounty I’m sure justice will prevail. Lastly for you trashy trailer park keyboard warriors what about Chatham fans spitting on the king and Nats players? The Gojhl did nothing about? I’m sure that’s acceptable you all. LMAO!
Pretty hypocritical calling out "trashy trailer park keyboard warriors" while calling other people names like "Female Elton John" with your keyboard! hahaha seems to me that you're the one on here that likes to stir the pot. Not a good look for a legal professional (allegedly), in my opinion.
What is it with "legal professionals" in SWO!! Man I think we need to raise the "bar" a little!
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

funny you mention chatham on a thread that had nothing to do with them as for the kings deal there were kings players spitting at chatham fans as well and that was dealt with. if it happened again with the Nats why was nothing brought forward to the staff of either team to give them a chance to deal with it?
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!

Post by 1212 »

Oh strike a nerve? Lol!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

OutsideLookingIn wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:03 am
RocketGirl wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:35 pm Well boys, your discussion here has ruffled a few feathers.
Who's feathers did they actually ruffle??
Based on today's activity, I'll let you determine that for yourself. :lol:
Queen of the GOJHL

FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Ruffled? These guys need to be "plucked"!!
GOJHL Sleuth

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

"Legal Professional" is that like being the tallest midget?
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

RocketGirl wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:11 am Well being compared to Elton John is definitely a step up from a North Korean dictator.

I'd like to point out that I haven't said anything about Carter. I could care less if he's in the league or not. He is not a concern of mine.
Being called a “Female Elton John” is a compliment…everybody likes Goodbye Yellow Brick Road…