Anybody out there????

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

oldtymer

Anybody out there????

Post by oldtymer »

Wow the playoffs are in full swing and no comments ??? How about Fort Erie giving Hamilton a run for their money. Not really a surprise as they have a pretty good team this year. I think that the winner of this series will win it all. What about St Catharines / Caledonia .. talk about a reversal of the past .. usually it was Caledonia players and coaches being suspended but not this year. The referees appear to be seeing RED as the Falcons have two players suspended for multiple games and their coach gets 3 games and the Corvairs get nothing. I saw the replay of the ending in Caledonia and my eyes must be going on me as I saw two teams involved in that skirmish. I guess the old commish is back and is afraid of pissing off bully? This league has really gone downhill in my opinion this year given the COVID confusion and the quality of referring this year. I find it very difficult to watch Junior B anymore and would rather spend some extra money watching Junior A. Go bulldogs !
CC1

Re: Anybody out there????

Post by CC1 »

Great to see Fort Erie giving Hamilton a run for their money!

Caledonia did a good job of getting under the skin of the Falcons which led to them taking bad penalties. There was a lot of bad reffing in there too, especially when things got out of control last Saturday night. Bully is making a fool out of himself, tossing the sticks on the ice. Deserved more than 2 games.

Will be interesting to see who joins the Falcons in the finals. Passero has his boys fired up and they could take the game from Hamilton tonight. Whoever wins, it will be an exciting final.

oldtymer, your comment about preferring to watch Junior A rather than Junior B because of the bad officiating is funny. I saw a few Ice Dog games this year and the refs were the same guys.
oldtymer

Re: Anybody out there????

Post by oldtymer »

CC1 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:49 pm Great to see Fort Erie giving Hamilton a run for their money!

Caledonia did a good job of getting under the skin of the Falcons which led to them taking bad penalties. There was a lot of bad reffing in there too, especially when things got out of control last Saturday night. Bully is making a fool out of himself, tossing the sticks on the ice. Deserved more than 2 games.

Will be interesting to see who joins the Falcons in the finals. Passero has his boys fired up and they could take the game from Hamilton tonight. Whoever wins, it will be an exciting final.

oldtymer, your comment about preferring to watch Junior A rather than Junior B because of the bad officiating is funny. I saw a few Ice Dog games this year and the refs were the same guys.
The last game in Caledonia, I think it was the other way around as the ref's finally got around to calling running the goalie. They got away with it in the past 3 games but not this time and they paid for it.

In terms of the quality of Junior A versus Junior B reffing, it is hard to tell in that you can't really consider any game involving this years Icedogs a Junior A game. They were horrible this year. I think that two of their best players are in Junior B this year.