An Open Letter Regarding The London Nationals

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

GoNatsGo

An Open Letter Regarding The London Nationals

Post by GoNatsGo »

What a wild ride the last few years as a season ticket holder has been. We've been robbed of a championship (that goal was good in the 3rd I don't care what anyone says), lost out on our chance for a revenge tour, undergone an ownership change where we were promised continuity only to have the most turbulent coaching and front office situation I think I have ever seen. Pat Powers leaving was just circumstance but I can't help but wonder if he didn't take the Kingston job to get away from Duarte. After losing Pat we were able to keep the rest of the staff together under Colin Martin until around the trade deadline when the floor fell away. The entire staff left, Adam McKee is now on the bench for an emerging rival in the St Marys Lincolns and 8 players requested trades all but one of which were granted, 6 of the 7 going to in conference opponents. One with playoff ambitions. I haven't missed a single game all season. I bought HockeyTV just to watch the road games and I can tell you without a doubt there is a huge difference in the way some of the guys are playing. There was a rumor that team captain Jeff Burridge also requested a trade but was denied. His play has suffered since the deadline. He's been slower and less physically engaged in the play. He still leads the league in points but there has been a significant drop off in his play. I am not optimistic at this point going into the playoffs. For the first time in a very long time there is a chance we may finish as low as third in the conference and after watching the games the last few weeks we do not look playoff ready while the rest of the top 5 in the west look hungry and ready for war. If this wasn't bad enough our team has to burn a roster spot that could have gone to a more talented player for the owner's son. Who is projected by elite prospects to have 0 goals and 5 assists in 48 games on the season. This would be something i could stomach if he could just keep his mouth shut and stop instigating after the whistle, or acting like he's Sydney Crosby when he mistakenly thinks he got a point. This isn't even all for this season, unbelievably it gets worse. We now have to address the elephant in the room. The owner allegedly offering payment to injure a Komoka Kings player earlier in the season and the league doing absolutely nothing about it because Paul Duarte is on the league's board of directors. I'd love to think this is going to get better but we still have at least 4 more years of Carter and who knows how long Paul will be around. I'll continue to support this team through all of this but the ownership has really managed to alienate some of the long time fans with the way this season has gone.

As I sit here watching the game against Lasalle on TV (and very happy about the free beer those cans are cool though) I can't help but notice the complete lack of effort by the players or passion from the coaches. I don't even blame them at this point. The whole organization is in disarray and for what? So a wealthy man's son can take a roster spot from a kid who actually deserves it? I've heard allegedly that he went up and down this region looking for a junior team to purchase for a kid who never cracked at AAA roster. I'm begging you, on behalf of all of the London Nationals fans. Sell. The. Team. Send your kid to intermediate where he belongs and walk away while the franchise is still salvageable and before The Nats are a shell of their former self.
GOJHL Sleuth

Re: An Open Letter Regarding The London Nationals

Post by GOJHL Sleuth »

The Owner and the GM's ego could not stand to walk away.
Ron

Post by Ron »

Burridge would have looked good back in a Burlington Cougar uniform.
GoNatsGo

Post by GoNatsGo »

Ron wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:02 pm Burridge would have looked good back in a Burlington Cougar uniform.
He certainly hasn't looked good in Blue, Black, and White. Like he's leading the league in points but that's mostly from Power feeding him early in the season. His hustle game has suffered considerably and I don't think he really cares anymore. I don't blame him though, it's hard to care even as a fan with all the garbage surrounding this team right now. I could seriously do without Bounty boy at this point. He has to go man.
Tony Espisto

Post by Tony Espisto »

What's the story on the Nats Fb page about a season ticket holder not being allowed in because they brought the wrong ticket for rescheduled game? If true they nust not think highly of people who support the team .
GoNatsGo

Post by GoNatsGo »

Tony Espisto wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:06 pm What's the story on the Nats Fb page about a season ticket holder not being allowed in because they brought the wrong ticket for rescheduled game? If true they nust not think highly of people who support the team .
Yeah, I actually know the guy who saw it really really well. It's true, he messaged the team about it and was told the door guy has been there a long time and it "doesn't sound like him" but for real John has been there as long as I've supported the team and he's always kind of been know by both staff and fans as a bit of a dick. Neither of us were very impressed by the situation to be honest. It's really a sad situation because it used to be that we could bring any unused game tickets to the end of season games and use them. I was planning on bringing like 9 people from my neighborhood (just post the tickets in the community group and give them away) but it seems like this isn't going to be possible this year. I know multiple season ticket holders who are considering not renewing and making the drive up to Komoka for games. I'm sure they'd be happy to have the fans that decide to walk away from bounty boys shenanigans.
GoNatsGo

Post by GoNatsGo »

On that note check out this meme I made. https://ibb.co/8gCVnZy