USPHL

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

ICE Chips

USPHL

Post by ICE Chips »

I'm hearing players are leaving for the USPHL, players want to play instead of sitting until Jan 26 start up, which very well could be extended, Rumor
has it over 40 Players from OJHL have left and GOJHL is loosing players also,
MR. Ford school is starting up, let these Teams in the GO and OJ back on the ice, Players are fully vaccinated, Team have invested money in safety and cleanness
Back on the ice is good for the players mental and physical health
ontariohockey

Re: USPHL

Post by ontariohockey »

I doubt many if any would leave for that league...they're going to school here.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Most teams wouldn't be able to survive long with no revenue coming in unfortunately. Also arenas closed in a lot of communities because of the restrictions.
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Other than playing ncdc. Most of the USPHL except a handful of teams are Jr C level
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Agreed! NCDC is om par with the NAHL...maybe 1/2 a step behind but they are sending tons of kids to the NCAA.

They applied to USA Hockey to be classified as Tier 2 but the NAHL put the brakes on that. The NCDC decided to take their show and play outside USA Hockey,

See.....it can work!
ICE Chips

Post by ICE Chips »

ontariohockey wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:14 am I doubt many if any would leave for that league...they're going to school here.

Most of these player are 18yr old, finished High School and taking on line courses, so its easy to play in the USPHL
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

ICE Chips wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:46 am
ontariohockey wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:14 am I doubt many if any would leave for that league...they're going to school here.

Most of these player are 18yr old, finished High School and taking on line courses, so its easy to play in the USPHL
Has anybody moved down yet?