When will they pull the plug on this season?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

OutsideLookingIn

When will they pull the plug on this season?

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

As the title states?
HockeyFan35

Re: When will they pull the plug on this season?

Post by HockeyFan35 »

Hopefully soon. Time to regroup for 2021-22. Get it over with and focus on the future.
I’ve always been a fan of junior hockey at all levels. It’s about the kids. Cheers.
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

Why would they?

As soon as they do -- the players become free agents and can go where seasons are still going without teams being compensated for the move. Also would mean teams couldn't continue to practice as insurance wouldn't cover team skates that are going on (even if no games).
OutsideLookingIn

Very good point. Never thought of that ... thanks
CC1

Post by CC1 »

Why would they?

As soon as they do -- the players become free agents and can go where seasons are still going without teams being compensated for the move. Also would mean teams couldn't continue to practice as insurance wouldn't cover team skates that are going on (even if no games).
What he said
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

What other league's are operating?
ILuvHackey

Post by ILuvHackey »

ontariohockey wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:32 pm What other league's are operating?
Every junior league in the States. (USHL, NAHL, USPHL, etc.)

The CCHL is playing games right now up in Ottawa area. Out West the AJHL is starting back up, as is out east in the Maritimes with the MJAHL.

Many OJHL and GOJHL have been dealing players to these various leagues because they seem to be the only ones not going other than the CHL and Jr. C.
ontariohockey

Post by ontariohockey »

ILuvHackey wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:34 am
ontariohockey wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:32 pm What other league's are operating?
Every junior league in the States. (USHL, NAHL, USPHL, etc.)

The CCHL is playing games right now up in Ottawa area. Out West the AJHL is starting back up, as is out east in the Maritimes with the MJAHL.

Many OJHL and GOJHL have been dealing players to these various leagues because they seem to be the only ones not going other than the CHL and Jr. C.
I guess the point I wanted to make is there is not going to be much of an opportunity for GOJHL players to play elsewhere.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

My guess, the plug will be pulled sometime this week.
OutsideLookingIn

Well this message board is pretty much dead..... any other Jr B message boards? Oh ya. Has there been any mention about who will steer this ship?
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Yeah, come on GOJHL Board, tell us who the new commish is. We know he was selected last week. Why the delay in announcing who he is ? Was he one of the three candidates submitted by the special committee that were assigned the task of selecting the top three candidates ? Or was he slipped in through the back door ? We were all hoping that when a new Board was formed we would see some real positive changes. The problem is, is that there are too many of the old Board on the new Board and positive changes have failed to surface so far . However I'm hearing some encouraging and positive news coming from a group of owners that are making progress with changing the status of the league. Good luck to the group of owners who have taken on the task of moving the GOJHL in a positive direction. And finally, I don't believe this board is dead. I believe the lack of chatter is a result of the lack of play in the league that this board is built on. Meanwhile the 3 or 4 of us can still pass on information to each others as we hear if. One day soon this board will light up again, be patient.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:14 pm And finally, I don't believe this board is dead. I believe the lack of chatter is a result of the lack of play in the league that this board is built on. Meanwhile the 3 or 4 of us can still pass on information to each others as we hear if. One day soon this board will light up again, be patient.
I believe you are correct. There's not much to comment on where there's nothing happening, and no news coming out.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Here's the announcement you've been asking for.

https://www.gojhl.ca/gojhl-announces-th ... season
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
OutsideLookingIn

Should of been done awhile back.....IMO,
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

There's reasons why it wasn't until now. The seasons go until the first week of May, so they could have potentially gotten something done, but with this latest lockdown, that goes to the first week of May, there's no way anything could have been played.
Queen of the GOJHL