Starting Date

Golden Horseshoe Jr B Hockey

Moderator: RocketGirl

BeenThereDoneThat

Starting Date

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Now that the CHL has announced a plan starting date for Major Jr.A, when will the GOJHL announce their planned starting date. I know the situation could change plans daily but it would be nice to know what they are planning.

If the GOJHL remain reluctant on announcing plans, maybe its time for the teams to start speaking out as to what they would like to see as a Return To Play Date
GOJHLfan1

Re: Starting Date

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Gate driven league unfortunately so cant see it starting anytime before December just like most other leagues announcing. Plus Border closure does not help with an American team/players in the league. Sounds like its getting extended another month for sure.
Ron

Post by Ron »

The Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League members have determined Wednesday, Dec 2/20 as
the opening night for the 2020-21 regular season.

The GOJHL will work with the Government and the OHA to be granted approval. Along with our
goal of providing the best junior hockey experience in Ontario, the league is committed to
ensuring the safety of our players, staff, officials, volunteers and fans attending games. In the
coming months the GOJHL will continue to work with government officials, public health units
and arena facilities to ensure a safe return to play for everyone involved.

The 2020/2021 season will include a 40-game regular season schedule and the regular 24 team
playoff format. The regular season is scheduled to end on March 28 th , 2021 and the 87 th
Sutherland Cup is set to be awarded no later than June 7 th , 2021.

Following protocols set out by Hockey Canada in their Return to Play-COVID 19 guidelines,
GOJHL Teams will have the option to hold extended on-ice training from September to
November.

We look forward to our return to hockey and in the interim we wish everyone continued good
health and safety.

Mark Tuck
Ron

Post by Ron »

No Regals I presume!
Ron

Post by Ron »

Officially taking a year off...
Red blacks

Post by Red blacks »

Just checking gojhl twitter. The welland jr. Canadians are taking a leave of absence for the 2020-2021 season, down to seven teams in golden horseshoe division.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Larry DeVuyst

Post by Larry DeVuyst »

Looking at all the Articles about the Hockey Season, does anyone else feel like it's not going to happen? The Numbers don't seem to be going down. I'm honestly hoping for a Season it would be a very disappointing way to end your Overage year like last Season. Thoughts anyone?
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

In my honest opinion. I feel the numbers being reported are inflated and do not show the real picture, especially with the government adding numbers from past months into current daily totals. The biggest stat I feel we need to look at are the hospitalizations, deaths and recoveries. Most of the new cases are under forty and historically should be the healthiest. No increases in under twenty. Also tightening the symptom list is huge. Lets be honest a runny nose doesn't equal covid. A sneeze doesn't equal covid. I feel there will be a season but at what capacity is uncertain at this point. If Health canada approves the rapid tests that Ford is requesting (results in 15min), that will be a game changer. Hockey teams could have these done pror to any games, but at who's expense. Also, we need to look at how the BCHL and all other leagues that are currently playing games. I watched a intersquad game in BC on Hockey TV and they had full 5on5 and moderate hitting in the game. How are the games being played in the CCHL? ALso, I noticed that Pelham and Ft. Erie had an exh game this past weekend. How did that go? And for fans.....If masking is mandatory and with physical distancing in place...I feel that they should be let in.