Player Trade Deadline

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

OutsideLookingIn

Player Trade Deadline

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Any info on teams leading up to the 10th?
FormerTrainer

Re: Player Trade Deadline

Post by FormerTrainer »

Heard the Nats got former Listowel goalie Brock Baier from the BCHL
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

FormerTrainer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:42 pm Heard the Nats got former Listowel goalie Brock Baier from the BCHL
Has this been confirmed 100 percent! So far London hasn't posted anything on their transactions page.
Aaron Wiebe

Post by Aaron Wiebe »

The Leamington Flyers just added Dynamic Forward Nick Smith from the Soo Thunderbirds of the Nojhl. Sounds like might add a couple more pieces before Friday's deadline.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Aaron Wiebe wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:00 am
FormerTrainer wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:42 pm Heard the Nats got former Listowel goalie Brock Baier from the BCHL
Has this been confirmed 100 percent! So far London hasn't posted anything on their transactions page.
Yes it’s on Pointstreak now, they also picked up another guy from Welland
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

FormerTrainer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm
Welland guy is a typo hes going to Hamilton
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 pm
FormerTrainer wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm

Welland guy is a typo hes going to Hamilton
You know this for sure?
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Yes. Hamilton just announced it on twitter as well.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

GOJHLfan1 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:26 pm Yes. Hamilton just announced it on twitter as well.
👍🏼
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Word around the rinks is St Mary’s is on the brink of making a pretty big deal to get even stronger...more to come
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

St Mary’s gets:

Jake Robinson
Brock Trichello

St Thomas gets:

Quinton Pepper
Ethan Lamoureux
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I think St Thomas has given up on the season.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

Caledonia has acquired OHL Dman Anthony Aguanno.

According to "OHL Insiders" on Twitter, the alleged cost......$28,000
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Welland Cougars wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:38 am Caledonia has acquired OHL Dman Anthony Aguanno.

According to "OHL Insiders" on Twitter, the alleged cost......$28,000
That’s pocket change to them lol
HockeyJrB

Post by HockeyJrB »

If this alleged 28K is true then the gojhl need to put a stop to this! Buying championships should not happen in amateur sports.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

HockeyJrB wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:57 am If this alleged 28K is true then the gojhl need to put a stop to this! Buying championships should not happen in amateur sports.
Its been done for years. NIagara Falls bought a lot of championships in the 90's/early 2000's. Pretty sure London is paying for players as well.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
phillipdh

Post by phillipdh »

Apparently Cole Tymkin is headed to Caledonia from the London Knights

https://twitter.com/stubbs980/status/12 ... 32352?s=21
I make hockey teams look good
Larry DeVuyst

Post by Larry DeVuyst »

Just a quick note, the OHL Insider is still mad at us because we made him look like the fool he is when he reported that Ryan Merkley was going to sign with us. He is a Legend in his own Mind!! IT IS TOO BAD PEOPLE jUDGE US WITHOUT GETTING TO KNOW US, WE ARE NOT COCKY AND WE DON,T TOOT OUR OWN HORNS. WE JUST MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS AND DO OUR jOBS. I think our gate girls are the best and we have the Best Concession Booth in the GOJHL. Have a Happy New Year and I am sure I will see you around the Rinks. PS I am the ASST. GM and I am not hiding behind my Keyboard.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Larry I have to disagree about the canteen. It might be great food, but I don't like waiting for food, max. 5 minutes, and when I've been at your arena it's double or even triple that, so it looses points for me.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

Larry DeVuyst wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:41 pm Just a quick note, the OHL Insider is still mad at us because we made him look like the fool he is when he reported that Ryan Merkley was going to sign with us. He is a Legend in his own Mind!! IT IS TOO BAD PEOPLE jUDGE US WITHOUT GETTING TO KNOW US, WE ARE NOT COCKY AND WE DON,T TOOT OUR OWN HORNS. WE JUST MIND OUR OWN BUSINESS AND DO OUR jOBS. I think our gate girls are the best and we have the Best Concession Booth in the GOJHL. Have a Happy New Year and I am sure I will see you around the Rinks. PS I am the ASST. GM and I am not hiding behind my Keyboard.
Maybe you can tell us what the payroll is???? And please don’t try and tell me you don’t pay your players...
jfvoll

Post by jfvoll »

phillipdh wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:30 pm Apparently Cole Tymkin is headed to Caledonia from the London Knights

https://twitter.com/stubbs980/status/12 ... 32352?s=21
And suspended

Imagehttps://imgur.com/a/mjHeXY4
drafty

Post by drafty »

And suspended
Why? A carryover from London?
Welland Cougars

drafty wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:54 am
And suspended
Why? A carryover from London?
He was suspended Dec 28th in the OHL for 8 games, so I assume it's a carry over.
drafty

Post by drafty »

Looks like he'll fit nicely in Caledonia.
FYI

Post by FYI »

This is my first post. I moved to London from Toronto in November. Have been attending London National home games with my brother. He is a huge National's fan. A VERY good Jr.B hockey club. I see this 'trade deadline' has come and gone.

My brother and I are constantly arguing about Jr.B hockey and player development. I tell him that with the amount of 'import players' that London has on it's roster, they should not lose a home game in this GOJHL circuit. They should not lose many on the road either. My definition of an 'import' is a player who lives so far away that he is billeted in the team's area. Yes......some players would be attending university in a city as large as London. But, high school billets are an 'import' to me.

I see the Leamington Flyer roster and the amount of 'import players' that they sign. They have quite a few American players rostered. This has to be very expensive, with billeting and whatever financial support entices players to leave home and 'billet' to play Jr. B hockey.

Considerable sums of money are paid to some premium 'import players' to relocate and play Jr.B hockey in this league. Of course, its totally against the rules, secretive and unfair. But, it occurs and cannot be recognized by the league and offending teams.

I see teams like St. Marys and LaSalle come into London and compete. The standings show St. Marys in 3rd place and LaSalle in 4th.

There are very FEW imports on these teams. LaSalle especially, seems to promote local talent from their town and their Essex County area.

Not looking for an argument, but KUDOS to the Jr, B and Jr. C teams who do so well developing LOCAL talent with minimum 'imports' and no 'paying' their players.
Welland Cougars

Nothing will change until it's looked into (they wont) and major sanctions are handed down, like what happened to the Windsor Spitfires.

Although, that being said, nothing much has changed in the OHL as a result. Big market teams (financial advantage) will always rule the day.

You will always have your haves and have nots, just like the OHL. It's no surprise it's the same teams year after year....Caledonia, St. Kitts, London, Leamington, Niagara Falls etc.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Ass;t GM,
I agree your gate staff is very courteous and friendly and your concession stand is good, I don't know if its the best in the GOJHL because I haven't been to all GOJHL locations.

I'm surprised you don't mention your faithful fan base. Those 60 or so people should be on the top of your list for people you may want recognized. I'm also surprised you don't mention your great financial sponsor. Without his generosity you would not be able to purchase all the high price OHL'ers that you do.

One more question for you, when London or maybe even Leamington hand you your ass on a platter, are you guys going to take another year off.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm Ass;t GM,
I agree your gate staff is very courteous and friendly and your concession stand is good, I don't know if its the best in the GOJHL because I haven't been to all GOJHL locations.

I'm surprised you don't mention your faithful fan base. Those 60 or so people should be on the top of your list for people you may want recognized. I'm also surprised you don't mention your great financial sponsor. Without his generosity you would not be able to purchase all the high price OHL'ers that you do.

One more question for you, when London or maybe even Leamington hand you your ass on a platter, are you guys going to take another year off.
Don’t distract him! I wanna see what he says about paying players or if he denies. I kno a players dad who plays in the north A league who said a number when he played in Cali. I wanna see if this “gm” will flat out lie to all of us. If you pay, you pay. Happens all the time. but if you lie, your a liar. Shows more about character and the way they think
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

And...... BOOM!!!!! There it is!!! Ha. This is great! Yes all 60-100 fans. Exactly! Bet that’s what drew all these “OHL’rs” to come and play in front of those massive crowds. Hahahahhaha
FormerTrainer

Post by FormerTrainer »

SugarKing wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Don’t distract him! I wanna see what he says about paying players or if he denies. I kno a players dad who plays in the north A league who said a number when he played in Cali. I wanna see if this “gm” will flat out lie to all of us. If you pay, you pay. Happens all the time. but if you lie, your a liar. Shows more about character and the way they think
It’s weird how no one ever replies when they get called out on there payroll.