GOJHL Board

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Letterkenny68

GOJHL Board

Post by Letterkenny68 »

I understand a new board has formed to oversee the GOJHL. Also heard the new board is actively looking for a new commissioner. Hopefully this is all for the best.
RocketGirl

Re: GOJHL Board

Post by RocketGirl »

What's wrong with the current Commissioners? I don't know Greg Best, but Mark Tuck does a good job.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Letterkenny68

Post by Letterkenny68 »

I am not passing judgement on anything or anyone. It's just news I had heard. I have no idea what it all means. Just hope nothing but good comes from the change.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Someone has to protect the players from a few of these self serving owners hope meaningful changes are made?
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

The floor has been mopped with the GOJHL the past few months! There are more important things than "protecting" the players.

Blow this thing up, and replace the decision-makers within the GOJHL as it appears they continue to make head-scratching decisions!!
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Please explain ”Head scratching decisions”not sure what they are.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Head-scratching decisions....

1.) Website..still waiting for something...ANYTHING that does this league, it's players and it's fans justice
2.) Decision to look towards the GTA to expand...rather than in an area void of "B" or "A" hockey! Opportunity was there for 5-6 teams at potentially 50k apiece..instead...offered up a $150k pricetag as a fee! Now...they are out a critical 4th conference AND they have allowed the OJHL to establish the footprint!
3.) Decision to allow Executive of the OHA to make decisions not in the best interests of the game, but for others members of the OHA Boards best interests. Executive are supposed to be impartial decision-makers and not throw support behind one member and not the other!

Time has come for this league to decide what they want to be. Do they want to make decisions that will benefit this league and its participants or do they want to just continue to be dunked and rinsed like a good mop should! Once upon a time, this league was good....VERY good! It provided players with opportunities to excel to the next level. Now, it seems that they have been relegated to ugly step-person (being politically correct for once and not using specific pronouns). Sometimes decisions need to be made. Some of those decisions may seem uncomfortable or, more importantly, unorthodox, but nevertheless, those decisions need to be made to send a clear message!

And no...my name is not Joe Daniels! :P
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Sorry...that would be Joe Machado! Apologies to Mr. Daniels for the typo!
OutsideLookingIn

Post by OutsideLookingIn »

Thanks. I had no idea. I found it interesting about the 4-5 locations to expand to. I figured Collingwood, but what other locations would be a good spot for JR B teams.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Collingwood...Orillia...heard interest from a Private School....Fergus possible...Orangeville possible...Alliston possible...Shelburne possible

All that was needed was to set aside a $150k pricetag! When Collingwod jumped at the $150k offered by the GOJHL, it effectively killed it! The league could have had a critical 4th Conference, established the footprint, and had an extra $300k in the bank! The league should not determine what the value of a franchise is...that should be supply and demand. I go back to Cambridge and the OHA looking to sell after Machado was gone...were there any takers?

You need people in these positions with a clear vision for the league. I just don't see it with anyone in a leadership role within the GOJHL.
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

You are dead right. Instead of pursuing teams to create a badly needed 4th conference, the decision to chase after the Collingwood location was a selfish decision by the GOJHL Board in hopes of establishing a ridiculous cost for a Jr.B franchise. Team owners, led by a poorly advised board had many opportunities to establish themselves as a top junior league over the last 12 months (outside of the OHL) but failed miserably in most cases and have taken the league back 10 years.
While all of this was happening, the OJ has secured a franchise in Collingwood and have established a franchise in the GOJHL footprint.It also appears now, after the restructuring that the GO has now turned into a feeder league for the OJ
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Here is a simple question for the new GOJHL board. When will Southwestern Ontario be represented at the A level? As noted numerous players depart every season for the OJ and many of the other A leagues that cover all other populated regions of Canada except Newfoundland. I trust there is a better plan coming forth than simply be a feeder league for the OJ
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Marty Bettman and the OJ will continue to play the GO like a puppet! Now you also have an OHA Board controlled by the OJ.

There is only 1 solution....blow it up! Get rid of these individuals who continuously want pats on the back for doing nothing!!!

Protect your assets!!! Be prepared for the OJ to implement "divide and conquer" tactics!!
cchlounger

Post by cchlounger »

As an OJHL guy, I truly believe you are giving Marty Savoy (Bettman) way too much legitimacy and credit.
Believe me.....the OJHL is a mess and widely regarded as a rudderless ship by people in the know.
Historically, Savoy's tenure as Commissioner of the OJ has been one bad decision and stubbed toe after another.
It'd be laughable if it wasn't so damn sad!
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

What does that say about the Captains of the GO ship...if the OJ is rudderless than the GO is a ship with a thousand holes and this bunch is using nothing but fingers to quell the flow of water into it! :lol: :|