Leamington Komoka series

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Allegoryofthecave

Leamington Komoka series

Post by Allegoryofthecave »

Wanna give a shout out to the Man from Chatham that continues to give Komoka a cheer at the end of the anthem. Apparently its a tradition to cheer on the the team that defeats you and this man has done it in spades. A classy organization breeds Classy fans.
SugarKing

Re: Leamington Komoka series

Post by SugarKing »

Allegoryofthecave wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:22 pm Wanna give a shout out to the Man from Chatham that continues to give Komoka a cheer at the end of the anthem. Apparently its a tradition to cheer on the the team that defeats you and this man has done it in spades. A classy organization breeds Classy fans.
Ive heard Chatham called a lotta things, but can’t remeber classy being one of em
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Well you have to give credit where credit is due. Horvat and his Boys are having a great run, that series is far from over!
Great to see passionate hockey being played! I still think Flyers will prevail, but desire can be a very powerful thing!
Lets see which team has it most?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The Flyers don't have a lot of offensive punch. They certainly miss regular season scoring leader Adam Jeffery who has yet to play in this series. Ryan Gagnier, who was a 20-goal scorer in the regular season, has just 1 goal in 8 playoff games. Others need to pick up the slack or they could be on the outside looking in very soon.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

You bring a very valid point there Marcie! Adam is that good! They are definitely missing his all around presence.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

I think you're missing the coaching aspect here. Horvat is an experienced coach, he took a 7th place St Thomas Stars to the finals. On the other bench, Crowder is in a bit over his head and it shows.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Allegoryofthecave

Well now it's 3-1 and a 5-2 loss. Not to mention two goals called back? What in heaven is going on? Chatham and now Leamington. What is Komoka doing that has us confused? I wonder why the conversation goes to one player that could, what, save the day? Komoka is a very young team. Never seen this level of playoffs. Could it be that what we see as a valued player isn't the case? offensive defense over stay at home physical players?
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Well Rocket Girl that is a good point that you bring up here! Crowder is new to Junior B and its Palyoffs.
Experienced coaching really comes out when pressure is on. The wiser usually have that way of calming things down
with a few simple words of direction. Thus keeping the train on its tracks!
PAL

Post by PAL »

Leamington & Komoka both young teams giving maximum effort the difference being LEAMINGTON put winning especially at home ahead of developing younger talent. Komoka balanced well coached team .Leamington & Chatham lose one player and the teams in disarray Chatham totally offense. Neither team physical enough, you win championships with defense and team effort.One player can make the difference although you do need the rest of the team to win consistently.
Blank1234

Post by Blank1234 »

Say what you want about Leamington and why they are down 3-1 , but NOT developing young talent is not one of the reasons why.

4 of the top 5 goal scorers on Leamington on Rookies, and the top 5 scorers are all under 17.
jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

Report
Quote

Unread post by RocketGirl » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:29 pm

I think you're missing the coaching aspect here. Horvat is an experienced coach, he took a 7th place St Thomas Stars to the finals. On the other bench, Crowder is in a bit over his head and it shows

Totally agree with you on this one RG. RH reputation speaks for itself. Just a couple years ago he had inquired about the Rockets head position but they went with JG and the father son package deal that speaks for itself also. Can't help but think of what could have been.
PAL

Post by PAL »

I did not say they were not good players that produced .I said that winning streaks were put ahead of the teams development and Komoka is playing as a team.Chatham made the same mistake trying to rely on scoring shortening the bench whenever the other team scored .I wish Leamington all the best and hope they can rebound.Chatham had all that talent but no team.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

jimmorrison wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:06 pmTotally agree with you on this one RG. RH reputation speaks for itself. Just a couple years ago he had inquired about the Rockets head position but they went with JG and the father son package deal that speaks for itself also. Can't help but think of what could have been.
Thanks for acknowledging that I'm correct, some people have issues with that, but we don't do the initial thing here, so just say Horvat and Glover.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Allegoryofthecave

Not to switch subjects too quickly, but two questions. Any thoughts on the officiating in this series? Also, predictions for game 5? I still think the Flyers have a solid chance to come back. I mean number one seed and all. Thoughts?
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

The Game 3 theory says Komoka is moving to the finals against London, but we'll see this weekend.
Queen of the GOJHL

SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Love our game wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 am Well Rocket Girl that is a good point that you bring up here! Crowder is new to Junior B and its Palyoffs.
Experienced coaching really comes out when pressure is on. The wiser usually have that way of calming things down
with a few simple words of direction. Thus keeping the train on its tracks!
If this is so, and I’m not sayin otherwise, why do team’s with the coach of the year get beaut out early every year? J.Brooksy has won 3 years in listy and has two Cherries. Showing he deserved in the playoffs
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Who's going to Komoka tonight? And what's gonna happen? Komoka series win or Leamington force Game 7?
Queen of the GOJHL

Marcie

Post by Marcie »

As a hockey fan, I'd love to see the Flyers win tonight so I can see a game seven. There's nothing like a game 7! The Flyers have played quite poorly on the road this season and have had problems holding onto leads in this series. Regardless who wins tonight, the game should be a dandy!
Last edited by Marcie on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Congrats to the Flyers 3 goals for 0 against sounds like a team effort to me.You don't hear anyone asking who scored they all just want to see game seven.Two great coaches!!!Now the teams will decide who wins the series,GOOD LUCK EVERYONE THIS IS GREAT HOCKEY.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Love our game wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 am Well you have to give credit where credit is due. Horvat and his Boys are having a great run, that series is far from over!
Great to see passionate hockey being played! I still think Flyers will prevail, but desire can be a very powerful thing!
Flyers prevail with a big come back! Good stuff. Both teams battled hard, hats off to Komoka. London will have its hands full against Flyers, should be a dandy!
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Love our game wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:44 pm
Love our game wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:41 am Well you have to give credit where credit is due. Horvat and his Boys are having a great run, that series is far from over!
Flyers prevail with a big come back! Good stuff. Both teams battled hard, hats off to Komoka. London will have its hands full against Flyers, should be a dandy!
Maybe you didn’t mean it like this, and I’m takin it a different way. But sayin London will have there hands full makes it feel like The Nationals are the favored. Would be more apropriate to say the flyers will have there hands full, since they are the 1seed. We forget that Komoka was the 6th place team. Shouldnt have been a 7 game series against a 1.
PAL

Post by PAL »

London a little more talent ,Leamington great goal tending full of young talent playing two way hockey experience or youth hard to bet against.One team will probably dominate but which one over in six.Good luck boys lets play HOCKEY!!!!!