Strathroy vs LaSalle

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Unhappy fan

Strathroy vs LaSalle

Post by Unhappy fan »

Congratulations and the award for most disgusting display of poor sportsmanship goes to the bench staff of LaSalle Vipers. How any referee allows that behaviour to go on without some appropriate sanction is beyond me. However, good on our Rockets they left it all on the ice last night. Kudos to Vince as a returning netminder, he was awesome.
I know the Gettysburg address of excuses will get posted regarding the coaches poor behaviour, however there is no reason for that to happen especially when there is no retribution. This needs to be dealt with. The other side to this equation is the team of young men who had to listen to it for an entire game. To the coach and the other bench staff “SHAME ON YOU”.
Unhappy fan

Re: Strathroy vs LaSalle

Post by Unhappy fan »

Way to go Mr. referee from last evening! The Karma gods are with us, a one game suspension and rightfully so. Next time zip your lip.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

LaSalle - John Nelson - (Abuse of Officials) (Game Misconduct) (GM21), 0 MIN, 5:00
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Did Nelson pull the goalie in overtime ????
End of a era in Leamington
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Wow! I am shocked to here this about John N. He is one of the more classier coaches I have ever known to be honest.
There has got to be more to this story than is being divulged on the referee side of things?
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

With about 9 seconds left the Vipers made a long stretch pass from deep in their zone (with their goaltender still in the net) up the sideboards to the Rocket blueline. They pulled the goalie then. After an attempt at a goal the puck went to the opposite side of the rink where Fancy managed to get the puck out of the Rockets' defensive zone. Ewart got to it along the sideboards at centre and slid it into the net. It was a calculated risk by the Vipers. They didn't mind giving a point up to the Rockets as it means nothing to them in the standings (although St. Thomas certainly isn't feeling that way). Komoka is getting dangerously close to LaSalle and the Vipers just wanted that extra point. It made for an exciting end to the game.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

As I stated in my previous post the behaviour during the last period and the overtime was disgusting and totally uncalled for under any circumstances. Unfortunately only one referee was on the ice which made it extremely difficult to properly officiate the game. However the language and constant berating of the officials was way over the the top.