Leamington to take the Division?

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Allegoryofthecave

Leamington to take the Division?

Post by Allegoryofthecave »

Watch these boys tonight against Komoka. A very mature team and outstanding goaltender. Hit hard, skate fast. Thoughts?
ydnarhabs

Re: Leamington to take the Division?

Post by ydnarhabs »

They didn’t look like much Sunday vs the Maroons. Mind you hadChatham goalie not made some outstanding saves it may have gone the other way. Leamington goaltending wasn’t to stellar that night and Rychel was skating circles around their D.
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

No matter who wins the division, London, Leamington, and Chatham have all proved they can be dominant over each other, while they've each also proved submissive against each other on other occasions. All depends who's going to go in hot and who's going to show up ready to play. Should be interesting how events unfold towards the cup.
Jrhockeytalk

Post by Jrhockeytalk »

Leamington struggles badly on the road it has puzzled me all year as to why. They are the best team in the league on home ice but struggle so bad on the road. They are a talented team and fun to watch!
Allegoryofthecave

Post by Allegoryofthecave »

I don't want to spread rumours, but I hear that London has a goalie issue? This could shake things up, no? They have had solid pipes all year. Helps to explain there last outing. Leamington has zero issue with their tender. Solid.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

It's not a rumour when it was in the paper today that Springer has been out since getting run over in Sarnia, that's why they got Schneider.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

Leamington came within a whisker of having their hat handed to them last night in Strathroy. I don’t think they are a lock on the division title by a long ways. Strathroy needs their #1 goal tender back between the pipes ASAP.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

The Flyers have been a strong third period team all season. Need to play a full 60 come playoff time. The Rockets' injured keeper Michelizzi was dressed as back up last night but took zero shots in warmup. Rockets don't play for a week. Maybe he will be ready by next Saturday.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

After losing many players for whatever reasons, the Flyers have done a good job filling the holes. Key to their success going forward will be goaltending
Borgiel is very solid between the pipes. Leamington also uses that big ice to their advantage at home.
End of a era in Leamington
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

flyers2011 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:23 am After losing many players for whatever reasons, the Flyers have done a good job filling the holes. Key to their success going forward will be goaltending
Borgiel is very solid between the pipes. Leamington also uses that big ice to their advantage at home.
Very surprised how well the Flyers are doing considering their scoring and stats. IMO, that’s a team that buys into the TEAM aspect of it, and can now see why they traded away their two top scorers. I couldn’t see Ryckel play with this team. They skate hard and care about wins over points. To me, the MVP is easily Borgiel. Unfortunately I don’t get to watch them as much as I’d like, other than when they travel our way. Looking through games, they seem to get outshot a lot but Borgiel is keeping them in it. Remaining schedule looks tough, especially with most on the road where they aren’t as successful. Leamington at London will be a huge game for both teams. Flyers in the drivers seat but strength of schedule favours the Nats. Should be an exciting finish, two team race.