Maroons coming alive lately!

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Love our game

Maroons coming alive lately!

Post by Love our game »

Starting to show their ability to pack an offense punch I'd say!
RagingBS

Re: Maroons coming alive lately!

Post by RagingBS »

Yes, 0 for 11 on the powerplay speaks volumes
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

0-11 powerplay but this coach has blinders on. He won’t try anything or any personnel beyond his “ select “ few. Leamington goaltending was stellar but quite frankly they weren’t tested all that much. Chatham has some talent but coach has them gasping for air by third period. Just not impressed with his use of players.
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

Chathams power play yesterday was absolutely awful. Never really got anything going.
End of a era in Leamington
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

So far its looking like the Flyers are on best side of the Chat/Flyers trade made this season! Having a good secondary PP is definitely a good thing to have moving forward.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Love our game wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:48 pm So far its looking like the Flyers are on best side of the Chat/Flyers trade made this season! Having a good secondary PP is definitely a good thing to have moving forward.
Boy was I wrong. Was under the impression that Leamington was calling it a season when they traded Robinson and Ryckel. They must have seen something they didn’t like. Still think adding a guy with Robinson’s skill to that lineup would be huge, but I can see why they would trade Ryckel. Watching him in Chatham, he just doesn’t seem to fit with what the Flyers are about.
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

I think Chatham got the better players in this trade. A lot of harping about Rychel but he plays well with Robinson and his puck luck is amazing. He can't skate but he uses his stick skills and hockey knowledge to make up for that and he's not selfish with the puck. The difference as mentioned is the " Team " concept that Leamington's coaching staff has promoted and the players have bought into. Chatham coach depends on 7 or 8 guys to do the lions share and hasn't shown enough confidence in his younger players. You can't have guys on the ice for 30 minutes and other guys on the bench for 55. Eventually that erodes the concept of team. He starts out using everyone but god help us if we get a PP or a PK situation he totally forgets who has played. I've seen kids wait 15-20 shifts before getting a 10 second shift. In a close, high intensity game you need to have some reserve for a strong finish but I'm seeing guys who are just out of gas.
Not sure I'd want my kid playing in this situation. At the JrB level you still want first , second and even third year guys improving their skating and puck skills like taking passes off the boards. I just don't see how they can develop here unless they are skating somewhere else with a personal coach to work on their hockey skills.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Chatham fans will have to get used to his coaching way or its no way! Unless your Daddy is a billionaire of course!