Chatham Maroons 1 Win in last 6 ??

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Love our game

Chatham Maroons 1 Win in last 6 ??

Post by Love our game »

Need better Defense, Goaltending? Setting up for 3rd place to play Komoka instead of Rockets?
ydnarhabs

Re: Chatham Maroons 1 Win in last 6 ??

Post by ydnarhabs »

The goaltending has been pretty decent so I don’t think that is the problem. From what I remember it was stated that the Maroons would depend on offense this season from the defense on out. It looked early on like that strategy might work but as other teams improved and quite frankly figured us out it’s time to change things up a bit. Maybe we are to predictable. I still think there is a wide array of talent on this team snd I expect them to be a serious contender to win it all. We need to work on a defense first with a much quicker transition game. The power play personnel need to move the puck much quicker. Finally if something isn’t working ( power play ) shake it up, try some different combo’s...keep the other coaches wondering what to expect.
Go Maroons!
PAL

Post by PAL »

2 wins ,2 ties 2 losses not as bad as it seems goal tending never was the problem the odd bad goal happens to every team.Coach seems to have changed his style after trade dead line passed. Effort and defense should be the priority. We were short handed against Lasalle however not much of an excuse as all the top players were on hand .There are players on this team that could go to the front of the net on the power play or play the point with a good shot which seems to be lacking 16 year old scored twice for Lasalle in last game develop talent and reward effort play the players who want to win we have the team in Chatham to go all the way.Lets go Maroons
Jrhockeytalk

Post by Jrhockeytalk »

A tough loss last night against LaSalle for sure. Would have been worse if London lost but they didnt however they widen the gap to 8 now. Chatham needs a big run down the stretch here.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

They are a puzzling team. In their second last trip in Strathroy just before Christmas they played great in a 4-1 win. They appeared to come in wth a plan. They were structured, employed an aggressive forecheck, attacked the puck carrier and utilized a neutral zone trap that the Rockets couldn't crack. They then show up a couple of weeks ago and all structure was gone. It was all run-and-gun. Everyone ran around everywhere and they had to setlle for a 5-5 draw after having a 3-0 lead after 11 minutes. I fully expected to see the trap again and a blanket over the Rockets. Perhaps they got away from their game plan with the early 3-0 lead. If so, it was a valuable lesson learned. Better to have a game like that in the regular season, than the playoffs.
Allegoryofthecave

Post by Allegoryofthecave »

Sounds like you should have kept Horvat for one more year. He has changed that K kings team around ASAP. Sleeper if you read this board. look at the last 10 games.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Chatham still puts too much emphasis on goal scoring relies on goal tending to save their bacon.They give up the puck .Way too many odd man rushes and turn overs.Every time I think the coach has figured it out the team takes a step backwards.Big game against London coming up lets hope puck support and control are in the plan .We need to establish more consistent play it is nice to see the effort but London is not St. THOMAS.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

I tend to agree with Allegoryofthecave on that one!