Strathroy

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RagingBS

Strathroy

Post by RagingBS »

Just when things have turned around for the Strathroy Rockets the London Knights deal Emmett Pierce to the Flint Firebirds at the trade deadline. Pierce was Strathroy leading scorer and has been added to Flints 23 man roster.
Unhappy fan

Re: Strathroy

Post by Unhappy fan »

Losing Emmet Pierce leaves a big hole in the Rocket’s forward lineup, especially given the fact they are finally gaining some ground in their division. Oh well, for the London Knights just the cost of doing business I guess.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

We have picked up Branden Speziale from St Thomas.

It's not ideal that Emmett got traded, but he wants to be in the OHL, and we're a development league, so good on him to reach his goal. He'll be missed, he scored at the most opportune times, but he wasn't the reason for our recent success and we'll find a way to continue without him.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
RagingBS

Post by RagingBS »

Also of note he got his 1st OHL goal last night in Windsor
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

1 goal, 2 shots and a +1, pretty good start in a 4-3 loss. The Rockets will miss his shots in particular but everyone else will have to dig a little deaper. He averaged 4 shots a game with the Rockets. Harris, who has been out for a while averages almost 5. That is close to 10 shots a game that needs to be made up. The only other players on the team with 3 or more shots a game are Mairs and Ewart. They have won as a team, it is time to continue to do so.
Unhappy fan

Post by Unhappy fan »

You definitely needed your heart medication last night in Strathroy. The Rockets threw everything they had and then some at Chatham. What I find very difficult to comprehend is how the referees tolerate the Chatham coach. His behaviour is disgusting, he should be tossed.
Marcie

Post by Marcie »

For some odd reason the refs have given coaches way too much leeway. It has been getting progressively worse every year. No way would the on-ice officials allow the bench staff to get away with this sort of behaviour years ago - and I'm not picking on the Chatham staff. I didn't see their behaviour any different than many other coaches I have seen this year, in fact it was not as demonstrative as many others.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Was definitely a great game to watch. I was a little concerned when we gave up those 2 quick goals to go down 3 0, but we fought back.

Anyone know why Chatham changed goalies after their 3rd goal?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

I love to hear when a team like the Rockets just keep getting stronger and stronger as the year progresses.
Says a lot for the Team staff and players uniting! Go Rockets!!!
Lilomnivore

Post by Lilomnivore »

RocketGirl wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 pm Was definitely a great game to watch. I was a little concerned when we gave up those 2 quick goals to go down 3 0, but we fought back.

Anyone know why Chatham changed goalies after their 3rd goal?
Got injured in practice, tried to play through it and it was a no go. However Lewis played through the Injury tonight, as Harris was injured in the game in Strathroy as well even though he finished the game.