Last 10 Games

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

RocketGirl

Last 10 Games

Post by RocketGirl »

Because I like trends, I've gone through each team's last 10 games.

London - 4-5-1
Leamington - 8-2
Chatham - 4-5-1
Sarnia - 4-3-3
LaSalle - 5-3-1-1
St Thomas - 4-4-1-1
Strathroy - 6-4
Komoka - 3-6-0-1
St Marys - 1-7-1-1

Anyone surprised by anything?
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
ydnarhabs

Re: Last 10 Games

Post by ydnarhabs »

Chatham just smoked London tonight. If Chatham makes better use of all their players and perhaps makes an acquisition of at least 1 top defenceman they could be very tough to compete with. They need to look at Leamington and their use of all their players versus the top 7 or 8. Can’t just play your 8th to 12th forwards when you have a 4 goal lead. Mix them up, 16 yr old hard working energetic left winger who hits and has good playmaking ability plus speed needs to be teamed up with a centre like Robinson or Johnstone. Mix and match now for benefits later in the season. Team has good goaltending, decent offence and not bad puck moving D. A good stay at home D and an improved PP would put this team over the edge.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Strathroy and Leamington 2 top teams in last ten. Good stuff!
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Love our game wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:57 am Strathroy and Leamington 2 top teams in last ten. Good stuff!
It’s awesome to see. That’s why the West is My favourite league. No nights off. Great job by leamington to stick it to the guys who left, and great job by Strath’s coaching staff and players. 1-8, very competitive teams. Sorry St.Marys, but It might be time to build for the future. 5 points isn’t a lot, but with the way the Rockets are playing, I don’t think that 5 point gap will get any smaller.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Strathroy looks great this season. They can realistically still finish as high as 4th place. Only 4 games below .500, not bad for a team that had a rough start to their season.

After a few bad years it looks like the Rocket's are well on their way to becoming a top team in the West again.

I've been a little surprised by St.Marys. I just thought they would be better than they have been so far this season. I don't think they're as bad as their record indicates, they've come up with a few big wins this season.

That Buchart kid has had an incredible start to his season, he looks like an assist machine. He was multi point per game kind of player in Mount Forest, but I didn't think he'd be this good in Jr.B.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Some kids excel/perform even better in Junior B than Junior C. I find the wider, spread out, positional, puck moving
play of Junior B fits some kids better than if they play Junior C! Junior C is different which fits some of the rougher, less visual play, slower kids better!
PAL

Post by PAL »

Strathroy playing well right now any team in the league can beat the other on a given night take London for example seems like now would be a good time to play them after four game losing streak Strathroy,s weak schedule and timing of certain meetings with opponents on the downside has helped them look like contenders teams will be better prepared next ten games. I wish them luck lets go ROCKETS
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

Komoka looked good tonight against Chatham. I’d like to see young Rychel retire and take over as coach. Surely he would know enough to utilize his whole bench.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

ydnarhabs wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:37 pm Komoka looked good tonight against Chatham. I’d like to see young Rychel retire and take over as coach. Surely he would know enough to utilize his whole bench.
That’s the problem with hiring a coach like they did. A team that wants to win now needs a coach that knows how to use his bench in the present and future. This coach wants to win every game, not thinking about how it affects the rest of the team. Every game I’ve seen Chatham play, their 4th line played maybe 3 shifts per period, and if it’s a right game, they’re lucky to play at all late in the game. No doubt in my mind their older players run that team.
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

Just finished watching Chatham defeat St. Marys. I take back the comment about Rychel retiring and becoming the new Chatham coach. This young man serves a better role as player-coach. If I had a kid who plays wing I’s tell him to watch Rychel. No wasted movement. Stay within reasonable distance of the point men in your own zone and let the D and the centre do their job of protecting the net and getting the puck up to the wingers. Save your energy for your scoring chances and don’t be selfish. If someone is in a better position to shoot give them the puck.
I continue to be disappointed with this coach. Over a 60 minute game you need to give your young players opportunities to play with the vets. You need to give them a chance to succeed. Instead you are sucking the confidence out of their game. Yes St. Mary’s lost but their young players are being allowed to flourish. They don’t seem to be worried about making a mistake and then sitting 58 of the 60 minute game. They will be leaders next year and beyond. Chatham’s coach doesn’t see it that way. Same 3 lines over and over and god forbid a penalty occurs. I don’t know what the rules are but making your future core sit can’t be a good strategy. Then again maybe you just go find an all new team each year.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Since some of you have brought up Komoka's last 10 games, and Chatham's last 6, I've gone through each teams last 10 games, including today's games.

London - 7-2-1
Leamington - 8-1-0-1
Chatham - 5-3-2
Sarnia - 5-3-1-1
LaSalle - 5-4-0-1
Komoka - 5-4-0-1
Strathroy - 5-4-1
St Thomas - 1-7-1-1
St Marys - 2-6-2
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.