leamington/Chatham trade

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

flyers2011

leamington/Chatham trade

Post by flyers2011 »

Sounds like the Chatham Maroons have improved their offense by trading for Griffin Robinson and Maddux Rychel. 2 big additions to the Maroons lineup.
End of a era in Leamington
Love our game

Re: leamington/Chatham trade

Post by Love our game »

Wow! I can see why they dropped all the other players from last years roster for sure. But not these 2, why would they
get rid of 45 points combined already Mid Season?
Larkman

Post by Larkman »

What is the source of this trade. not seeing it withing transactions or Chatham media Thanks
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Trade seems to be complete. Really looks like the flyers got fleeced. I’m surprised a team would fold up shop while in 3rd place. Not much of a loss when it comes to Ryckel, but giving up your best player must send quite a message to the rest of the team that this year is unwinnable. I didn’t think there was all that much separating these two teams before the trade, but now it’s obvious. Chatham must have wowed them somehow....$$$... Caledonia took a year off, guess we needed a Caledonia Jr
flyers2011

Post by flyers2011 »

It is now posted on the transaction page.
End of a era in Leamington
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

So much for the Big Trade! Chatham loses again to a bottom team? In M.R. defence, he is very smart with the puck,
never panics and has great vision for the game, you want him on your team for that. Just don't expect him to back check, he cannot skate, probably the worst most unorthodox skater I have ever seen to honest!
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

We don't do the initial thing here, you can just say Rychel.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

After what we saw in lassale tonight Chatham fans are absolutely furious with rychels performance. Griffin looked out of sorts but he will fit in well Maddux on the other hand didn't even deserve to be a water boy!
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Yes! Griffin is a player that any team would love to have both on and off the ice, no doubt!
mightyducks05

Post by mightyducks05 »

Big Win by Leamington on home ice yesterday. Seemed to outwork the Nationals and shut their big players. I think we are going to see a better all around Flyer team after the big trade.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Since making the trades, Leamington is 3-0 and Chatham is 1-2. I know it's still early, but we'll see how this works out for them.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

I am still not convinced that Chatham has the goal tending to reach the Sutherland Cup? A 3.0 G.A.A will get you eaten alive come play off time! Could use a bit more on the back end, 3 or four 4 D won't cut it either.
Larkman

Post by Larkman »

Can't really make a judgment call on how effective this trade is until Chatham plays with their full roster. Schulz and O'Brien are two top players that can make a HUGE impact. I get the comments around goal tending (G.A.A.) - but one can only assess how strong this team really is when the team is playing with full roster. Schulz and O'Brien are certainly better than average players and can be relied upon to put the puck in the net!
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Agreed!
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

I don’t think goaltending or defence is the problem. Harris winning goalie of the month was well deserved. Bone, O’Donnell and Murray are all very capable dmen. Getting 20 or so shots against a bottom team, while losing to them 3 times is very telling. Maybe chemistry in the room, or I’d even go as far as coaching. Money isn’t an issue with that team. They’ve had great teams the last couple years, but can’t ever find the coach to get them over the top. I have a tough time watching a team with that much skill be as undisciplined as they are. When the players see the staff screaming at officials, it’s easy to follow suit.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

SK you bring a very valid point in terms of the coaching! Head coach is a headcase! He and his team would benefit from keeping his loud mouth shut, no doubt! Ref's don't forget those guys, especially come playoff time!
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

just roll your 4 lines so your so called gunners have some energy later in the game or in OT. You sign these guys snd then play them 4 or 5 short shifts. That’s not developing players you’ll need to be a team when the playoffs roll around.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

I couldn't agree with you more when it comes to the "roll your 4 lines" every night through the season! It can be tough some nights having to feel the aches and pains of that methodology. Provided its managed properly on and off the ice.
The team and everyone of its members benefit and grows stronger from it, in the end. The real good "coaches" do that!
mightyducks05

Post by mightyducks05 »

Leamington is still undefeated following the trade. The team is looking good after some convincing wins. I’d watch out come playoff time.
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

Doesn’t surprise me. I’m sure Robinson would be getting more ice if he were in Leamington. Leamington seems to play everyone, including their 16 year olds. Coach is moulding a team of 4 good, hardworking lines. They will be even stronger next year and won’t need a massive turnover of players.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Robinson worth much more than the two fine players they traded for him saved the coaches job tonite sloopy game lets see how we do against FLYERS if the coach expands on the use of shorter shifts and the four lines.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

With the offence that Chatham has. They should be averaging 4 to 5 goals every night! Coach definilety needs
to put his ego aside and start coaching the "Team" and remember its not all about him!
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

Listened to the game tonight. Sounded pretty close until half way through the third. Did anyone notice if Chatham started playing all 4 lines or mixed up the powerplay or even tried changing some line combinations to shake things up? Hard to tell who was playing as I didn’t hear some names hardly mentioned at all.
How did King and Michaud do? I’ve heard they are quite happy with their new team.
Back to the drawing board coach. Time for a new playbook. Now is the time to find out if you’ve got a team, not in the first round of the playoffs.
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

King and Michaud are 2 great young men that wear their hearts on their sleeves, being sent to leamington was a
blessing in disguise for them. Good coaches would never want to part from players like that!
Larkman

Post by Larkman »

We aren't in the dressing rooms and aren't privy as to why player decisions are made - so I wouldn't be quick to judge coaching unless you are sure why player moves are made....just sayn
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Familiar with the coach and how he treats the people around him on and off the ice! He's young and is learning I am sure!
goj_gigi

Post by goj_gigi »

Leamington winners - game and roster !!
So .... coaches corner:
-shorten shifts ——> no one has that much stamina except an Ethopian marathoner -
- defence - do your job & move the puck ——> there are lots of players who supposedly can get goals. (Okay maybe I take that one back - they aren’t scoring - but really do your job - guard the puck, move it - send it forward - take your cape off - you won’t be the hero - but you might be if you don’t let the offence in)
-Apparently vets are paid for their efforts but are they earning it ??? Let’s get back to novice hockey - $5 a goal. I wonder if the payment agreement would change their effort. I’d even buy them a slush.
Let’s get back to basics ——
PAL

Post by PAL »

MADDUX and GRIFFIN HAVE SHOWN THERE WORTH ON OFFENSE PLAYING WITH CHATHAMS BEST AND A RELIABLE PAIRING ON DEFENSE.A bit of a liability in one goal games late in third or overtime.Number one line terrific except when over worked fading late in games.We need a stay at home defense man badly who can move puck up the ice.The coach has to learn to reward players who are playing well and sit the ones that are not it appears that older players running team.Where the scoring machine that we were promised by coach lucky to crack top ten teams in Jr B no cup this year if things don,t change.Griffin ok late in games just worried about who he is paired with.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

Can the Ethiopian skate?
ydnarhabs

Post by ydnarhabs »

Package the Fisher’s for a good stay at home dman who can make the quick and accurate outlet pass. With Rychel and Robinson stepping up their game and Gardiner, O’Brien and Shultzy continuing to challenge for first line ice time the offense that the twins were supposed to bring isn’t as necessary. Someone who is planning for a run in the next year or so might be agreable to sending the D we need for them and some cash or a pick. I think we’ve got some young talent sitting on the bench just chomping at the bit to show what they can do. Throw young Lemieux on left wing with Robinson and Rych on the right side. Then move Johnstone to centre with Baddour on a wing. Size plus speed on all lines and a D instructed to go north south. To me Johnstone’s skills are better utilized at centre and he and Robinson are very much alike with Robinson being a little better on offense and Johnstone the better overall two way player.
Just some fine tuning and these guys can go far.
Just my thoughts, but I like speed and hitting and the mixing of vets with the youngsters.
The kids I hear have good chemistry so with proper guidance they can win it all.