St Mary's Blows out Chatham

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Love our game

St Mary's Blows out Chatham

Post by Love our game »

Nice to see St.Mary's winning ways this year, keep it up Boys!
RocketGirl

Re: St Mary's Blows out Chatham

Post by RocketGirl »

So it's great that St Marys has beat Chatham, but Leamington shouldn't lose to Strathroy? :roll:
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

I just won't even put any insight on this game because the attacks I'll get from a few on here aren't worth it
But I will say this the game should have been a close game not a blow out like that
co founder of the pylon chant!!!!!!
Administrator

Post by Administrator »

brad 36 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:26 pm I just won't even put any insight on this game because the attacks I'll get from a few on here aren't worth it
But I will say this the game should have been a close game not a blow out like that
Don't ever let others stop you from contributing on this forum.
HockeyJrB

Post by HockeyJrB »

The refs made some really cheap calls that resulted in a couple of St Mary's goals but the bigger factor was that St Mary's out worked the Maroons in the 3rd period. They earned their win fair and square.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Chatham flat out gave up I would have to and more so morassuit would be trying to find his teeth still if I was on the ice his face would have become target practise pretty quick with the calls going the way they were the goalie interference to start the third was bullshit to say the least by the way I was the goal judge in that end and had a front row view for it. I feel bad for the guys honestly
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

brad 36 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:08 pm Chatham flat out gave up I would have to and more so morassuit would be trying to find his teeth still if I was on the ice his face would have become target practise pretty quick with the calls going the way they were the goalie interference to start the third was bullshit to say the least by the way I was the goal judge in that end and had a front row view for it. I feel bad for the guys honestly
3/7 on the power play for St.Mary’s, 0/4 for Chatham. We’ve all seen bad referees before with many more penalties called. Bad refereeing shouldn’t make a team give up. Giving up 6 goals in a period to a far more inferior team makes it pretty obvious it wasn’t the ref’s fault.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

To take a line from LincBrass, it's St Marys. It's a town, not a church, so there's no apostrophe.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

Sugar king were you there to watch the sh** show if not it's not as black and white as you seem to think the refs flat out took Chatham out of that game 16 seconds into the 3rd. Chatham couldn't do anything because as soon as we did they went to the box. Wells hits a guy 6 inches taller than him and his feet never left the ice explain to me how you get head contact on that the point is Chatham is a far more physical team this year and the refs took that away from us flat out. Should Chatham have pulled Lewis after the 5 the goal Absolutely but he was rattled I would be to if I was any one of the guys in a white uniform last night. End of story
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

Chatham Coach not exactly loved by many of the refs in any league he's coached in! That may have played a factor? It usually does when push comes to shove.
SugarKing

Post by SugarKing »

Getting 3 goals on 40 something shots, allowing 7 goals (6 in the 3rd period!!)), going 3/7 on the penalty kill... but yes let’s blame the referees. I guess I wasn’t there though
Larkman

Post by Larkman »

Early in the season. No real need to be worked up about a loss like this. The best of teams in every league can have 'off nights'. See how things fair over the next couple of games. If they get beat in similar fashion then I may hit the panic button.
LincBrass

Post by LincBrass »

RocketGirl wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:38 pm To take a line from LincBrass, it's St Marys. It's a town, not a church, so there's no apostrophe.
I had to log in for the first time in a while just to offer my regards for that. :lol:

Regarding officiating, I wasn't at the Chatham game, but over the course of the season, it evens out. I thought StM got shafted on the 9 min penalty McMillan received in the 2nd against Strath the previous game. It's not very often, if ever, you see a scrum of 6-8 guys all swinging at each other, and 1 guy ends up with an instigator penalty. That sucked the air out of that game.
go west
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

My bad on the apostrophe! Pardon my french, really! Actually, I just learned how to properly spell "apostrophe"! Lol!!
St.Marys has an interesting 3 games coming up! I can see them possibly moving into 6th place following that run!
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

In Brad's defense, I think we've all seen games where a ref has a vendetta. I remember a Port vs Fort Erie game where the calls were 9-1 halfway through the game. You could see the smirk on the refs face.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
brad 36

Post by brad 36 »

It don't matter port let them think what they want I was there and I know what I saw out of a hockey club.
PAL

Post by PAL »

St MARYS THE BETTER TEAM on this night ref.s not great but sometimes you have to play over them.I guess Brad was to close to action , He did not see the slackers on the team rewarded for sub par effort while coach tried to center out rest of team after the game majority of them never saw the ice. TEAM ON DOWNWARD SPIRAL HOPE THEY SNAP OUT OF IT!!!