OHA Changes

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

BeenThereDoneThat

OHA Changes

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

The President, CEO of the OHA was forced out by the Ex. of the old Board, 5 Board members from the the old Board have been dismissed, 5 new members have been voted in to the new Board, 2 recently appointed Board members were dismissed because the former chair did not follow the proper procedure for installing new members to replace openings from recent members resigning. Jr.A, B and C will all become self governance leagues under the rules, regulations and constitutions of Hockey Canada, OHF and the OHA.

So people, what do you think ??
RocketGirl

Re: OHA Changes

Post by RocketGirl »

I'm excited to see what changes will be made for next season. There was a league vote this week on if teams wanted Inc to be in charge. Prior to the vote, it was 15 teams for Inc and 10 teams against. I'm told that after the vote, it was 19 in favour of Inc. I know who 3 of the teams were that flipped, but not 100% on the 4th.
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.
FrozenPonds

Post by FrozenPonds »

I assume Hamilton, Pelham, Fort Erie and Lockport from the GH and probably London from the west based on what has been said. So that should tell you who decided to work with the masses. The more interesting thing is going to be what potentially happens to those 5 as the year progresses.
RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl »

Article from The Hockey News about the issues with the OHA.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/articl ... ng-down
Queen of the GOJHL

Sometimes you just have to straighten your crown and remind them who they're dealing with.