NEW Jr C OVERAGE RULE

Hockey Talk

Moderators: RocketGirl, Blades

Marcie

NEW Jr C OVERAGE RULE

Post by Marcie »

"A new rule was passed by the OHA impacting overage players for Junior C teams.
The rule, will allow teams to trade overage players in the offseason, or entering a season, to teams who do not have the maximum number of four overagers.
For example, if one Junior C team had 6 overage players following their 20-year-old season, they could trade the 2 “extra” players to a team who has less than 4 so that these players could participate in their overage, 21-year-old season.
This rule will allow players who have been in the league an opportunity to continue playing for their final season of eligibility.
Port hockey1

Re: NEW Jr C OVERAGE RULE

Post by Port hockey1 »

I like it.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Love our game

Post by Love our game »

They should of did away with 2 - 21 year olds spots and add 2 -16 year olds spots. Most 21 year olds heads are not in it any more anyway, get the young
talent in to learn for the next years to come.
arenaguy99

Post by arenaguy99 »

Im a little late to this post, but theres been talk of getting rid of some overage spots in favor of additional 16 year old spots for years but its out of the PJHL, OHA, OHF hands as the 16 year old spot is dictated by HC through the Canadian Development Model, and they dont consider JR C a development Category so unless something changes in HC you wont see anymore then 1 16 year old in the near future.
coachFloyd

Post by coachFloyd »

correct - HC, OHF, OHA don't see Jr C as a development model
cut out the 16 yr olds, add an extra year of play (21) and do away with the 4 overagers
this would cater more to small town hockey