Those are my predictions as well
Cal 99ers

Re: 2nd Round Predictions

Post by Cal 99ers »

I see Ancaster giving st Kitts a scare, under rated defence
GOJHLHockeyFan3

Post by GOJHLHockeyFan3 »

I actually think Niagara Falls and Caledonia won't be too bad of a series. I think they'll all be close, hard-fought games, but Caledonia wins in four.

I also think St. Kitts in four. Not feeling good about Ancaster after how tough Welland played them.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

The games I've seen this year Ancaster appears to play to the level of the team they're playing
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Caledonia in 5

St.Catharines in 6
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
Cali vairs!

Post by Cali vairs! »

I have previously stated my beleifs

Caledonia in 4
St. Catherines in 6

Im surprised that alot of people are doubting ancaster. I get it they had a tough series against welland and you would've expected more from them but when you look at the season series between st.Kitts ad Ancaster every game has been close. 2 best goalies in the conference. St kitts hasnt been the most consistent team this year either. Should be a interesting series.
GOJHLHockeyFan3

I'm not doubting them because I know if they play like they can, it'll be a battle, but you need to be firing on all cylinders in the playoffs and they weren't. Of course, Welland may have been playing them tough and I heard Grimard was great in net, but nevertheless, I was expecting them to be way better.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

The reason I believe the Welland series was difficult for Ancaster is because the Avs don't have a lot of fire power and a hot goalie just made it close. Constant pressure is Avs game and it is capable of pushing st Kitts to the limit
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Welland was underrated this season. They are also a very well coached team, and that can mean a lot in the playoffs. Ancaster still didn't have any trouble with them, really.
The Howard Stern Of The GOJHL. Those who like my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next, Those who dislike my posts: Wan't to see what I'm going to say next. :smt033 :smt029 :smt083 :smt102
GOJHLHockeyFan3

That's kind of funny you say that considering I've heard the Welland players couldn't stand Ozzy and Ozzy had a lot of problems with the players... but I guess everyone has to come together in the playoffs
BeenThereDoneThat

Post by BeenThereDoneThat »

Welland underrated, and a well coached team, well if nothing else , thats something new.
A statement like that tells me you haven't taken in too many Welland games this year.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Of course the players do not like Ozzy because hes a tough coach. He does not accept losing and wants the players to be better but when they make the same mistakes over and over and just laugh it off can only do so much. He has been a lot better in recent years from what I have seen at least on the bench.
Welland Cougars

Post by Welland Cougars »

9 Power Play opportunities for Niagara Falls last night.

They managed to go 2 for 9, but that simply won't cut it against Caledonia. You need to punish that team when up a man.
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 am Welland underrated, and a well coached team, well if nothing else , thats something new.
A statement like that tells me you haven't taken in too many Welland games this year.
I get what you're saying. That's what I meant by underrated. They looked to have a lot better team on paper. But they just didn't play like it most nights. I was hoping one of their goalies would heat up, but that just didn't happen.

Osborne, you either love him or hate him. lol I know the players don't care for him, but I think his systems work. It's probably time for a change in Welland though. The players just won't buy into his systems... And that's on him. It's his job to motivate and convince his players.
GOJHLHockeyFan3

After talking to a few people in the organization, it sounds like they don't plan on bringing him back. If that's the case, he had a good run and is a good coach, but if the players won't buy in and don't like him, no point of keeping him. Especially given almost the entire roster is eligible to return.
Cal 99ers

Post by Cal 99ers »

Ancaster is the type of team that makes it hard to predict what their capable of doing, they could knock Falcons off in 7 or lose 4 straight. Expect a lot of nail biting in the shoe. Just realized I put Welland's name up there instead of Ancaster
Last edited by Cal 99ers on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOJHLfan1

Post by GOJHLfan1 »

Port hockey1 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:10 pm
BeenThereDoneThat wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:45 am Welland underrated, and a well coached team, well if nothing else , thats something new.
I get what you're saying. That's what I meant by underrated. They looked to have a lot better team on paper. But they just didn't play like it most nights. I was hoping one of their goalies would heat up, but that just didn't happen.

Osborne, you either love him or hate him. lol I know the players don't care for him, but I think his systems work. It's probably time for a change in Welland though. The players just won't buy into his systems... And that's on him. It's his job to motivate and convince his players.
Good chance change is coming for next season
Port hockey1

Post by Port hockey1 »

Looks like I was the only one who thought the Canucks would win a game in this series. lol I have to admit, after game 3, I thought it would be a sweep too.